All Things Gabe Kalschuer Recruitment Thread UPDATED KALSCHUER A GOPHER!

per Sid:

• An update on the three Gophers men’s basketball recruits for next season: Cretin-Derham Hall’s Daniel Oturu is averaging 18.9 points and 12.4 rebounds; Orono’s Jarvis Thomas Omersa is averaging 20.0 points and 11.6 rebounds; and DeLaSalle’s Gabe Kalscheur is averaging 20.2 points and 5.2 rebounds.

http://www.startribune.com/nfl-rema...oner-roger-goodell-leading-the-way/471464264/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I haven't seen Kalscheur play. From what has been posted, his calling card seems to be defense and 3 point shooting. Those of you who have seen him play - would Akeem Springs be a good comparison for Gabe? Does he have that much upside?

I haven't seen Kalscheur play. From what has been posted, his calling card seems to be defense and 3 point shooting. Those of you who have seen him play - would Akeem Springs be a good comparison for Gabe? Does he have that much upside?

God, I hope his upside is better than 1 B1G season... Springs was a great teammate last year and we definitely missed his leadership, but I think revisionist history has created Springs into something he wasnt, which was a huge contributor last year. He was a very important peice to a very complete team, but he was streaky as all get out and many of us spent the first half of the season scratching our heads as to why he was on the team.

Came on strong with leadership in the B1G 10 portion of the season and was a huge factor in us making the tournament, but Gabe better be a bigger contributor than that as a senior.

Springs isn't a terrible comparison.

Gabe is a pure shooter with textbook form who gets great lift on his J. He's also a complete bulldog on defense and really competes on that end. It was really fun watching him guard Sy Chatman when they played Cretin a couple weeks back (Sy probably has 3-4 inches on Gabe).

He needs to tighten up his handle a bit, but Gabe should be ready to contribute right away as he knows how to play and his shooting will translate immediately.

Springs isn't a terrible comparison.

Gabe is a pure shooter with textbook form who gets great lift on his J. He's also a complete bulldog on defense and really competes on that end. It was really fun watching him guard Sy Chatman when they played Cretin a couple weeks back (Sy probably has 3-4 inches on Gabe).

He needs to tighten up his handle a bit, but Gabe should be ready to contribute right away as he knows how to play and his shooting will translate immediately.

Shooters are always welcome. A shooter who plays D is even better.

God, I hope his upside is better than 1 B1G season... Springs was a great teammate last year and we definitely missed his leadership, but I think revisionist history has created Springs into something he wasnt, which was a huge contributor last year. He was a very important peice to a very complete team, but he was streaky as all get out and many of us spent the first half of the season scratching our heads as to why he was on the team.

Came on strong with leadership in the B1G 10 portion of the season and was a huge factor in us making the tournament, but Gabe better be a bigger contributor than that as a senior.[/QUOTE

Maybe my expectations of him are a little too low. Possibly because it seems the other 2 recruits get more pub. I probably think a little higher of Springs than you as well.

Springs was very good, he hit a lot of clutch shots. If Gabe is as good as him I'll take it any day.

Springs was as valuable as any member of last year's team.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Those are crazy shooting percentages for a shooting guard at any level. Nice to see. Our team flat out needs shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've loved Gabe since his freshman year, but man, he's taking it to the next level lately. Very excited to see what he can do next year. Heard of a game, maybe last month, when he hit something like 15 out of 15 free throws. That's a guy you want on your team.

I've loved Gabe since his freshman year, but man, he's taking it to the next level lately. Very excited to see what he can do next year. Heard of a game, maybe last month, when he hit something like 15 out of 15 free throws. That's a guy you want on your team.

I was looking at the BIG 10 stats today with the announcements of the all conference teams (congrats Murph btw, not seeing a post yet). We had 0 players in the top 15 of any shooting category.

HAS TO CHANGE.

Schools that actively recruit should be in AAAA regardless of enrollment.

They have zero need to recruit and don't. They attract people. Moreover, just like catholic schools across the country, they dominate due to depth created by the catholic school system.

Public schools can't compete because of the politics in the Public school system. Meanwhile, the Catholic schools continue to create a a staple of disciplined athletes. Public schools will never compete, even if they did recruit. Can't get past the ego's of ****ty parents.

They have zero need to recruit and don't. They attract people. Moreover, just like catholic schools across the country, they dominate due to depth created by the catholic school system.

Public schools can't compete because of the politics in the Public school system. Meanwhile, the Catholic schools continue to create a a staple of disciplined athletes. Public schools will never compete, even if they did recruit. Can't get past the ego's of ****ty parents.

The irony of a person accusing public school parents of having large egos while supporting private schools lol

Hopkins and Apple Valley have done more than compete. FYI, i like Gabe a great deal but he has much to work on. Give him time. He was not highly sought nationally and people need to be patient. He has a great foundation of strength and he knows how to play but at the next level those shots are against 6'6 men and that takes a big adjustment.

Go Gophers!!

Kalscheur was unconscious the last several minutes. Put on a three point shooting clinic. And Orono was doing everything they could to stop him. Excited for next year!!

Yeah right and Arizona doesn't pay their players, they recruited 40 years ago, they recruited Alan Anderson in the 90's but all of a sudden they don't recruit any more, they used to just recruit the Catholic kids, now they recruit anybody.

Do Jarvis and Gabe not like each other? Jarvis put his shoulder into Gabe's chest hard on 4 different occasions and got Td up for 1 of them. Never offered to help Gabe up after any of the incidents.

Yeah right and Arizona doesn't pay their players, they recruited 40 years ago, they recruited Alan Anderson in the 90's but all of a sudden they don't recruit any more, they used to just recruit the Catholic kids, now they recruit anybody.

I think reality way be closer to middle of these 2 opinions. While Catholic schools may not actively go out and publicly offer kids, they may ask kids if they would be able to come to DLS.i know outstate Catholic schools do not actively recruit: Lourdes, cathedral etc. But I do know that it's less recruiting by Catholic High schools and more giving kids the option and knowing they would like them to come.

Do Jarvis and Gabe not like each other? Jarvis put his shoulder into Gabe's chest hard on 4 different occasions and got Td up for 1 of them. Never offered to help Gabe up after any of the incidents.

That's called competing and trying to get your team to State. Friendships stop when the ball is tipped.

All 3 of the MN kids have been supportive of each other all season.

"That's called competing and trying to get your team to State. Friendships stop when the ball is tipped.

All 3 of the MN kids have been supportive of each other all season."

Calm down Chief.

That's called competing and trying to get your team to State. Friendships stop when the ball is tipped.

All 3 of the MN kids have been supportive of each other all season.

This and Jarvis is always intense no matter the opponent. I remember watching CDH and Orono play earlier this year and the way Omersa was yelling at Oturu after he dunked on him would make you think Omersa hated him. Omersa has relentless intensity which is why I am so excited about him.

They don't recruit the Catholic kids. That's insane.

I went to Catholic grade school through high school. It was absolutely expected that the kids going to the Catholic grade schools would end up going to one of the Catholic high schools. I knew a small handful (vast minority) of kids who went to one of the Saint Paul Catholic grade schools who ended up going to Highland/Johnson/Central for HS. It wasn't recruiting.

As far as the non-Catholic kids. That's a little different and it largely depends upon your definition of "recruiting". Some of my best friends in HS were athletes who ended up going to Cretin because they wanted an opportunity to play for a better program. Cretin didn't reach out to them, they reached out Cretin.

Could all of those kids gotten into Cretin without sports? Probably not.

So if you want to call that recruiting, then yes.

If your definition of recruiting is anything like college recruiting, then it didn't happen when I was there (maybe that's changed, I have no clue).

Gabe had 38 which is awesome but what did Jarvis have for stats?

Top Bottom