All Things Gabe Kalschuer Recruitment Thread UPDATED KALSCHUER A GOPHER!

Watching him a number of times he is a very solid defender too and more athletic than a lot of people give him credit for. Would be a solid addition no matter where he is from but a bonus that he is a hometown kid. I have no idea why he doesn't have more offers than he does have had a couple people say it is because many feel he is going to commit to Minnesota and they've felt that way for a while so why bother pursuing.

It would be nice if kids committed earlier so teams would know who to focus on. If Tre has been Duke all the way and we miss on somebody else cause he is playing out the string, I will be disappointed.

It would be nice if kids committed earlier so teams would know who to focus on. If Tre has been Duke all the way and we miss on somebody else cause he is playing out the string, I will be disappointed.

I think the a Pitino problem because he should have contigency plans for that situation & Kids should take as much time as necessary before making that decision. Coaches do the same thing with players. They string them along and don't accept a commitment because they are plan b or c

I think the a Pitino problem because he should have contigency plans for that situation & Kids should take as much time as necessary before making that decision. Coaches do the same thing with players. They string them along and don't accept a commitment because they are plan b or c

The NCAA should formalize the scholarship offer process so that kids who are able to decide faster get to accept the offer when they are ready. This would force teams to pu offers from kids after one has been accepted and clear up the confusion of recruiting. They also wouldn't be able to offer as many players at any one position. Because you know kids get hosed by the Blue bloods every year and have to scramble to find a school sometimes.

Watching him a number of times he is a very solid defender too and more athletic than a lot of people give him credit for. Would be a solid addition no matter where he is from but a bonus that he is a hometown kid. I have no idea why he doesn't have more offers than he does have had a couple people say it is because many feel he is going to commit to Minnesota and they've felt that way for a while so why bother pursuing.

I've seen him a few times and haven't seen much there besides a jumper. That said he does have decent size and I'm sure he knows how to play the game on both ends as everyone that played for Thorson does.

Just can't get excited about this kid. See a pure shooter that doesn't do much else. Hope I'm wrong but for a kid that can supposedly shoot it like him and one with decent size at that, he's not exactly racking up the offers

It's much easier for me to get excited about Kaslcheur than Jarvis considering their EYBL production levels. During the regular season, Gabe averaged 17.7 PPG and 43% from 3 and was second in the entire EYBL in 3's made. He definitely played like a surefire top 100 player. Jarvis only averaged a little over 7 PPG, 6 RPG and 1 BPG during the regular season. Gabe didn't play quite as well in the peach jam as he did in the regular season but he still had a great first game for 22 points going 5-8 from 3 and he had a 14 point game as we. The most Jarvis had in the peach jam was 5 points in a game and 9 rebounds. It's interesting on here how many posters will gravitate towards the high flying, insanely athletic but unproven guy over the guys who's actually produced.

It's much easier for me to get excited about Kaslcheur than Jarvis considering their EYBL production levels. During the regular season, Gabe averaged 17.7 PPG and 43% from 3 and was second in the entire EYBL in 3's made. He definitely played like a surefire top 100 player. Jarvis only averaged a little over 7 PPG, 6 RPG and 1 BPG during the regular season. Gabe didn't play quite as well in the peach jam as he did in the regular season but he still had a great first game for 22 points going 5-8 from 3 and he had a 14 point game as we. The most Jarvis had in the peach jam was 5 points in a game and 9 rebounds. It's interesting on here how many posters will gravitate towards the high flying, insanely athletic but unproven guy over the guys who's actually produced.

For me its just that when I look at the baseline for each guy its a bit easier to see what Jarvis is. I'm reasonably sure he'll be able to guard 2-4, rebound, block shots and be a rim runner/finisher on offense and in transition. That's his baseline. If he continues to develop he can possibly bring a bit more on O but you can easily see a guy who averages say 8/8 and plays great D. With Gabe his baseline is essentially a good shooter who can likely play good team D. He's limited athletically and doesn't seem to be a primary ball handler so its hard to see him turning into more than a decent role player. Which is fine, its just that the bust potential is a lot higher on a guy that can only shoot. For instance Micheal Hurt was pretty ineffective last year and his shot wasn't falling. Eric Curry effected games in a lot of ways even when he wasn't hitting shots

I'm almost positive Jarvis won't be able to guard 2-4 in the B1G. He will be 6'8", 245lbs or bigger before he plays meaningful minutes. Great athlete but he won't be built to defend a typical 2.

He'll be helpful in the pick and roll game as he is big and athletic. Same with Oturu. They'll get switched onto guards and do fine. But if Thomas is guarding a 2 consistently that is not good for the Gophers

I'm almost positive Jarvis won't be able to guard 2-4 in the B1G. He will be 6'8", 245lbs or bigger before he plays meaningful minutes. Great athlete but he won't be built to defend a typical 2.

He'll be helpful in the pick and roll game as he is big and athletic. Same with Oturu. They'll get switched onto guards and do fine. But if Thomas is guarding a 2 consistently that is not good for the Gophers

Uh, Jarvis ran a 4.7 40 and was noted as possibly "the most athletic player on the national circuit." I'd say it's a wee bit early to say he can't guard a 2.

That's exactly the point. It means you can play whatever defense you want because you don't have to worry about mismatches.

Well

Uh, Jarvis ran a 4.7 40 and was noted as possibly "the most athletic player on the national circuit." I'd say it's a wee bit early to say he can't guard a 2.

Speed and quickness are two different things. If he is 6'8" , 245 lbs and can guard a 2 night in and night out, he is a very unique college player. That said, i hope you're right.

They play 2 different positions. No one is expecting Jarvis to average 15 points a game. I think people are more concern about what else does Gabe bring to the table besides shooting because I've seen him have more games where he's off like at the Peach Jam than how he has been throughout the summer. I'm on board to get Gabe. I think he has really improved defensively and can guard elite guards, but I can see why people are concerned.

I don't think he was saying a PF will guard 2s but more saying he can if switched on to him so there potential to do a lot of different things defensively. Even the guy from draftexpress said the same thing about Jarvis

247 has Jarvis listed at 6-8 225 lbs. I am not sure he needs to put on 20 more lbs to play in the big ten. But yes I think it was more about his versatileness in guarding wings in addition to post players that is intriguing. I have never seen him in person how does he look compared to Mbakwe entering his senior year?

247 has Jarvis listed at 6-8 225 lbs. I am not sure he needs to put on 20 more lbs to play in the big ten. But yes I think it was more about his versatileness in guarding wings in addition to post players that is intriguing. I have never seen him in person how does he look compared to Mbakwe entering his senior year?

He is just as explosive and athletic but his movements are smoother and more coordinator than Trevor. He reminds me more of Rodney but stronger and with a better body

per Marcus:

On Sunday, Thomas called coach Richard Pitino to become a member of the Gophers’ 2018 recruiting class, joining Howard Pulley AAU teammate Daniel Oturu, a 6

Interesting timing. Sunday at 5:11pm was when Race Thompson tweeted he had committed to Indiana, as best I can tell. Now MN may not have been Race's top choice but it is possible that Jarvis called Pitino sometime early on Sunday to commit to MN and the coaches at MN then called Race to rescind their offer to him. It was then later Sunday that Race accepted the offer from Indiana. Not that it matters much from a fan perspective, I'm absolutely thrilled to have Jarvis join MN, but the timing is a wake-up to future fence sitters of a Gopher scolly offer that that offer can disappear. *** Hoping Gabe joins soon and then Tre makes it a MN recruiting quadfecta.

per Marcus:

On Sunday, Thomas called coach Richard Pitino to become a member of the Gophers’ 2018 recruiting class, joining Howard Pulley AAU teammate Daniel Oturu, a 6

Interesting timing. Sunday at 5:11pm was when Race Thompson tweeted he had committed to Indiana, as best I can tell. Now MN may not have been Race's top choice but it is possible that Jarvis called Pitino sometime early on Sunday to commit to MN and the coaches at MN then called Race to rescind their offer to him. It was then later Sunday that Race accepted the offer from Indiana. Not that it matters much from a fan perspective, I'm absolutely thrilled to have Jarvis join MN, but the timing is a wake-up to future fence sitters of a Gopher scolly offer that that offer can disappear. *** Hoping Gabe joins soon and then Tre makes it a MN recruiting quadfecta.

I doubt it's a coincidence. Race was probably deciding between Minnesota and Indiana and then Jarvis made his decision for him.

I doubt it's a coincidence. Race was probably deciding between Minnesota and Indiana and then Jarvis made his decision for him.

My guess is that's what happened though it could be possible that Race called MN and told them he was going to IU then MN called Thompson to tell him he had a committable offer. I kind of doubt that because I'm sure it was a first come first served type of thing but I guess possible

My guess is that's what happened though it could be possible that Race called MN and told them he was going to IU then MN called Thompson to tell him he had a committable offer. I kind of doubt that because I'm sure it was a first come first served type of thing but I guess possible

Does anybody think the fact that Race decided to load up on classes and graduate early played a factor? I read somewhere that once he reclassified to 2017, the U told him that we couldn't create a spot for him. Kind of seems like if he was set on being in 2017 and hustling to get to campus and redshirt a year, it removes Minnesota from the equation, no?

Sounds like he is announcing on Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro am game is not until tuesday....hes announcing after that...or apparently 615 on tuesday now

Top Bottom