BTN: Best of Week 13: (4. Minnesota at wisconsin); Minnesota hates playing wisconsin

We must be watching different games and programs.
Badger fan is right. When was the last time we had a Melvin Gordon? I don't know how you can say with a strait face that we had the better team.

I looked at S&P+ defensive rankings since 2007 and Boise kept cruising after Wilcox left, Tennessee regressed significantly during his time there, and USC trended down during his three seasons.

Sometimes what works at a lower level like the WAC doesn't translate to the SEC or PAC-12 for whatever reason. Limegrover had a difficult time (or was it Kill) translating their offense to the power 5 level. Id be concerned if I were a Badger fan, after watching USC during his tenure. Maybe it was just bad timing, key roster losses (but the replacements are always better right?) or just plain bad luck. But it's not a good trend.

It's the same analysis every year with a different coach's name or player's name in there as to why they're going to collapse. Have fun with that.

Probably the team that went to the Rose Bowl because of the ineligibility of OSU and Penn State.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that team didn't go to the RB because of the postseason bans on OSU and PSU, they went to the Conference Championship game because of that. They went to the RB because they curb-stomped Nebraska.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that team didn't go to the RB because of the postseason bans on OSU and PSU, they went to the Conference Championship game because of that. They went to the RB because they curb-stomped Nebraska.

You'd be wrong. Both had to happen for WI to go to the Rose Bowl. Without the bans, they don't play in the conference championship.

I think that indeed it would be very difficult to replace Arenda with someone of equal skills.
That said Chryst and BA are not fools and knowing close to nothing about WI's new AD it seems nothing more than wishful thinking that this person will cause a collapse.
The WI defense excepting the safties is supposed to be very good.

You'd be wrong. Both had to happen for WI to go to the Rose Bowl. Without the bans, they don't play in the conference championship.

That's literally the exact thing I just said. They were in the division with OSU and PSU. The ban got them to the CCG, not the RB.

That's literally the exact thing I just said. They were in the division with OSU and PSU. The ban got them to the CCG, not the RB.

No...they never would have sniffed the RB if tOSU and PSU were not banned.

And you're forgetting the other year when tOSU was banned and they got to the RB because of their sullied appearance in the B10 CCG.

But congrats...your team's greatest historic achievement ever is losing 3 straight Rose Bowls, whereas our greatest historic achievement is being the most recent team to win 3 National Championships.

No...they never would have sniffed the RB if tOSU and PSU were not banned.

And you're forgetting the other year when tOSU was banned and they got to the RB because of their sullied appearance in the B10 CCG.

But congrats...your team's greatest historic achievement ever is losing 3 straight Rose Bowls, whereas our greatest historic achievement is being the most recent team to win 3 National Championships.

So many great flavors to choose from and all you want is salt?

I guess what I meant (and poorly stated) was that both had to happen for them to go to the Rose Bowl.

It is hard to fathom why the Gophers had a better team last year when a very injured, inexperienced WI OL and WI with two rookie running backs were able to dominate the offensive game.
I do not remember the MN offense showing that much either. And the game was played at the Bank.
The year before that I cannot even remember the score.

Looking at your posts you "certainly" are not a Gopher fan.We will eventually smoke you out.
I have a strong suspension you're a closet Badger fan under a cloak of deception.

Oh dear, the counter intelligence department of Gopher Hole is on the march to find spies, moles, double agents, triple agents all under the command of Ruppert the Bold and Brilliant.
I hope my cyanide capsules are still functional before his wit and cunning find me out.

your team's greatest historic achievement ever is losing 3 straight Rose Bowls, whereas our greatest historic achievement is being the most recent team to win 3 National Championships.

You're seriously proud of a measly three in a row? Do you also want to brag about tying your own shoes? Did you make a solid BM today as well? Kudos!

Wisconsin has dominated us. Need to actually beat them before we predict their demise. Yes we had few bad breaks during this miserable streak

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

You're seriously proud of a measly three in a row? Do you also want to brag about tying your own shoes? Did you make a solid BM today as well? Kudos!

I know when I'm up at 2:54am, the first thing I think about doing is going on my rivals' message board to make sure they aren't saying anything about my favorite team.

I guess what I meant (and poorly stated) was that both had to happen for them to go to the Rose Bowl.
Both did have to happen but that blame should fall on O$U (Don't cheat) and PSU (Do something about a coach attacking kids).

I do hope to see Minnesota spank anyone like Wisconsin kicked Nebraska around.

The streak is annoying, and at this point does not in any way reflect the differences in the teams. Last two years we've had the better team, in my opinion, and with any normal amount of luck we'd be riding a 2 game winning streak. Not to mention at least two of the other games during the streak were just ridiculous (the blocked punt game, and the one mentioned earlier in this thread).

This streak and the 7 game bowl losing streak (at least 5 of which we should have won) both just got to the point where it's largely become a mental obstacle symbolic of the recent history of this program. Thank god one ended last year, now have to end the other one.
They kicked our ass last year. Both teams were pretty beat up in that one and they simply destroyed our will. I do think we blew it two years ago, the phantom facemask! Two years ago it's hard to say who was better. I think if we played ten times we would've won five, the ball bounced their way. The reward for winning game was a beat down by the hands of the Buckeyes, we probably wouldn't lose by 60, but it would've been ugly in a dome without snow to slow them down

Wisconsin beat Nebraska by 39 in 2012. Minnesota beat Iowa by 37 in 2014.
That one slipped my mind. That was fun. Love to see that kinda asskicking (2 words or 1?) again. Maybe in a big 10 title game.

Still mad they scored in garbage time 51-7 had a nice ring to it

53-7

I think we tackled them in their end zone for a safety late in the game, but Iowa quickly lined up and hiked the ball before it could be reviewed and overturned.

Top Bottom