ESPN: John Calipari: Coaches know what happens on campus

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Coaches always know about scandals that occur on their campuses and they should be held accountable, Kentucky's John Calipari said Tuesday on the "Mike Lupica Show."

Calipari, who dealt with scandals during his tenures at UMass and Memphis, also said coaches should not be blamed for the incidents that unfold when athletes go home.

Calipari did not mention Louisville, Kentucky's chief rival and the focus on an NCAA investigation surrounding a sex-for-pay scandal that prompted the school to self-impose a postseason ban in 2015-16 and could result in severe sanctions in the near future.

"All I can tell you is this: If it happens on your campus and it happens with your assistants and those people, you probably have a good idea of what's going on," Calipari said. "It happens back in their hometown, it happens back with their family ... there's no way you can know. You just can't know. All I can say is most coaches have an idea if it happened on their campus. You might not be the first to know about it but you eventually hear about it."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/16224880/coaches-know-happens-campus

Go Gophers!!

Wait. So is Cal arguing he should have been held more accountable for his Memphis and Umass issues? That he should some day be held accountable for any shenanigans of World Wide Wes?

Talk about throwing stones in a glass house. Yikes.

Classic Cal, to translate Others know about their scandals, but because mine didn't happen on campus I couldn't have possibly known about mine.

So does this count as being something Cal should have known about or where the kid was at home? Just checking.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/boone-county/watch-uk-basketball-player-passed-out-drunk

UNION, Ky. -- Police released footage Wednesday showing University of Kentucky basketball forward Derek Willis in moments leading up to his public intoxication arrest on Saturday night.

Police said Willis was found passed out drunk in the street next to the open driver's side door in Union, Ky., on Saturday night.

The Boone County Sheriff's Department says Willis stated he had "a lot" to drink when he was arrested for public intoxication.

Willis was arrested for a first and second offense and was later released after paying a $50 bond. A Kentucky athletics spokeswoman said the school is aware of the situation and is gathering information. She declined to comment.

Willis is also 5 days away from being 21. Underage drinking by your players Cal, should've known about that.

Coaches should know better than to spout off. No matter who you are, or how righteous you are, it will always come back to bite you in the ass.

Top Bottom