MN Daily: Struggling sports look to rebound (Claeys counts on Leidner, recruits)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

Claeys counts on Leidner, recruits

Minnesota’s football team is coming off of a losing season and barely ended it with a bowl game. The main factor getting the Gophers their Quick Lane Bowl appearance was their academic progress report rather than their 5-7 overall record.

Redshirt senior Mitch Leidner has played in at least 10 games since his freshman year, and he is in his final year of collegiate eligibility. The team will look for Leidner to step up after throwing 14 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 2015.

Minnesota also has a top-50 recruiting class via scout.com and rivals.com, which remained intact despite changes in Minnesota staff after former head coach Jerry Kill’s departure due to health concerns.

“You can’t win the Kentucky Derby with a mule; it just isn’t going to work,” head coach Tracy Claeys said. “Recruiting is a big part of it, so we got done with the season, [and in] recruiting this year, we felt like there were 10 kids in the state of Minnesota that were Big Ten-type quality kids, and we were able to keep eight of them at home.”

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/2016/06/15/struggling-sports-look-rebound

Go Gophers!!

At least 10 games since his freshman year? They sure did their research.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

At least 10 games since his freshman year? They sure did their research.

You know they meant 10 games each year since his freshman year (10, 12 and 13 to be exact). But yes, it was poorly worded.

And lack of assuming on my part not knowing I was supposed to assume they meant per year.

Top Bottom