Daily Iowan Summer Series: Gophers Digging Out of Hole

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily Iowan:

Defensively, there are holes in both the secondary and front seven, because Minnesota lost quite a bit to graduation and the draft. Losing corners Briean Boddy-Calhoun and Eric Murray will both hurt and could be places other teams decide to attack.

Overall, the Gophers are at an interesting point. They’ve certainly been competitive over the past few seasons, but Kill is now gone, and the winds have shifted directions.

The only question is this — will Minnesota right the ship or will the program sink into the dark depths near the bottom of the conference.

http://daily-iowan.com/2016/06/15/gophers-digging-out-of-hole/

Go Gophers!!

I think Iowa fans are a tad overconfident in their assessment of the situation in the Big 10 West. I don't expect them to know everything about our personnel or even understand the difficult circumstances this team experienced last season but their metaphor is a little too over the top. They too have holes in their front seven and secondary.

The only question is this — will Minnesota right the ship or will the program sink into the dark depths near the bottom of the conference.

I'm asking myself the same thing. Claeys was clearly our best coordinator under Kill. How he will do as the Head Coach is yet to be determined and won't for a few years. I'm, as always, cautiously optimistic, but 40 years of Gopher Football have left me a bit jaded. I don't think a change from fringe bowl team is a sure thing (either way), but if there ever was a year for us to make another run at double digit wins, this is it.

We haven't been in a hole for a few years now. Stupid title.

This was an Iowa team that was 6 injured starters, 5 missed holding penalties and a new coach away
from losing at home in their 'all black' unis....
CT001nKVAAAn1df.jpg iowa hold 2.jpg

I meant it more like "Fred is so bi-polar and crazy if he doesn't take his DAILY IOWAN"

I'm asking myself the same thing. Claeys was clearly our best coordinator under Kill. How he will do as the Head Coach is yet to be determined and won't for a few years. I'm, as always, cautiously optimistic, but 40 years of Gopher Football have left me a bit jaded. I don't think a change from fringe bowl team is a sure thing (either way), but if there ever was a year for us to make another run at double digit wins, this is it.

Spot on.

As far as Iowa's goes, nobody would have noticed them but for their cupcake schedule and several good breaks that led to a blowout versus Stanford.

You're as whiny as your baseball coach.

The Daily Iowan is the student newspaper, so take the hyperbolic language and metaphors with a grain of salt.

"Your baseball coach"? WTH are you talking about scrub?

As long as we're using metaphors/digging out of a hole, did their article on Iowa say something about recovering from post season sodomy?

Ohhhh man, I ate a yuuuge bean burrito last night and drank too much coffee this morning. I'm going to go take my "daily Iowan"

Just remember that Iowa is still beneath us.

Ohhhh man, I ate a yuuuge bean burrito last night and drank too much coffee this morning. I'm going to go take my "daily Iowan"
Some of us Gopher fans live in Iowa. I hope we get some sort of exemption from your scorn.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Some of us Gopher fans live in Iowa. I hope we get some sort of exemption from your scorn.

Well, I grew up in Illinois and my mom was from Iowa, it's pretty self inflicted. I just think the name of the newspaper sounds pretty funny.

I hope I'm not offending you

Well, I grew up in Illinois and my mom was from Iowa, it's pretty self inflicted. I just think the name of the newspaper sounds pretty funny.

I hope I'm not offending you
Not at all. I was just poking fun. Lol. I grew up in Minnesota & lived there until I moved to Iowa about 15 yrs ago.

Not at all. I was just poking fun. Lol. I grew up in Minnesota & lived there until I moved to Iowa about 15 yrs ago.

Dear god I'm sorry

We would make fun of my mom all the time for being from Iowa, but honestly my favorite cousins were on her side. But man I broke the whole team up when I went to the U. I don't regret it!

Ya, I few up about 10 miles from the Iowa border. On a clear day, with a southerly wind, you could smell Iowa from my house. Lol

I grew up 10 mikes from Iowa too. And Wisconsin. Galena, il. My distaste for both led me to Dinkytown. As the Sconies called me, I am a FIB, ****ing Illinois Bastard. And Gopher. SKIUMAH

Top Bottom