Jordan Murphy turns down chance to play for Virgin Islands this summer

BleedGopher

Reaction score
In his latest Scoops Podcast, Doogie said that Jordan Murphy turned down a chance to play for the Virgin Islands this summer so he can stay at the U, and train here and focus on school. Doogie said the Virgin Islands team is coached by Sam Mitchell who really wanted Murphy. Doogie said the Gopher coaches "were very excited he made the decision to stay on campus" this summer and train here. Doogie said that Richard Pitino had to recruit him back to remain a Gopher this season.

http://www.1500espn.com/author/darren-wolfson/

Go Gophers!!

In his latest Scoops Podcast, Doogie said that Jordan Murphy turned down a chance to play for the Virgin Islands this summer so he can stay at the U, and train here and focus on school. Doogie said the Virgin Islands team is coached by Sam Mitchell who really wanted Murphy. Doogie said the Gopher coaches "were very excited he made the decision to stay on campus" this summer and train here. Doogie said that Richard Pitino had to recruit him back to remain a Gopher this season.

http://www.1500espn.com/author/darren-wolfson/

Go Gophers!!
I think Doogie is full of **** on that last line

Agree. Doogie always seems real loose with his assumptions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You're never done recruiting someone or once recruited/hired managing them. It's like any work environment if someone doesn't feel wanted and they have options, they go elsewhere. I would hope Pitino is doing that with his players. Doogie's platform seems to be getting smaller and smaller over the years so he needs t say certain things to get people to pay attention to him, even if they are out of context.

Doogie said that Richard Pitino had to recruit him back to remain a Gopher this season.

To some degree, this is probably the case for every D1 football and basketball player. Sign of the times.

That doesn't mean Pitino and every other coach in the nation doesn't continue talking, encouraging, developing, sharing plans, etc.... Even if guys are happy, you're still "recruited to" after you sign on the dotted line.

That's not the point. Point is Boogie throws **** just to see if it sticks.

To some degree, this is probably the case for every D1 football and basketball player. Sign of the times.

Every employer out there should take that approach. It's no longer good enough to recruit employees to the point of employment. You must continuously attract them to stay. This world loves variety, choices, change. Attention spans and loyalty are at an all time low.

How do you possibly get that take out of his comment? He just said he hoped his brothers would be back, not a hint about his own status.

Pitino has to be doing something right for how fired up all the players and recruits are for next season.

Murphy is a smart guy. He knows he can play in this league and he knows what he has to improve on to get better. He also knows they got some talented players coming in that will challenge for playing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your sarcasm meter needs new batteries.

Hey, with some of the conclusions that others have been making, you just never know.

Hey, with some of the conclusions that others have been making, you just never know.

I can certainly understand where you are coming from.

Top Bottom