Gophers included in list of "Best Nike Uniforms In College Football History"

BleedGopher

Reaction score

Any W/W/W lovers out there?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ahhhh. Dog days of summer.

I'm pretty sure I have seen "best uniform" countdown articles where the Gopher uniforms have "ranked" as low as 9th in the B1G (I groan at those off season lists of best stadiums, best uniforms, best this, best that). Since all these lists are not subjective at all :) The B1G must have the greatest collection of uniforms in the history of organized sports if the Gophers are 9th in the league but also have one of the "best Nike uniforms in college football history."

Ahhhh. Dog days of summer.

I'm pretty sure I have seen "best uniform" countdown articles where the Gopher uniforms have "ranked" as low as 9th in the B1G (I groan at those off season lists of best stadiums, best uniforms, best this, best that). Since all these lists are not subjective at all :) The B1G must have the greatest collection of uniforms in the history of organized sports if the Gophers are 9th in the league but also have one of the "best Nike uniforms in college football history."

You're exactly right. However, the current uniforms are better than what we've had in the past and look pretty sharp, in my opinon. Even though they're essentially the same as the Mason era, there's something about the colors (more brown?) or texture that stand out in comparison. And the article specifically mentioned the gold helmets, which we haven't had in a few decades and really look nice with the maroon jerseys.

I have to admit at first I was skeptical of the gold helmets but they have grown on me. I kinda wish we'd dump the matte finish on the maroon ones and go back to the normal maroon.

Does someone who is not or was not a fashion design major allowed to have an opinion?

Matte Maroon

I have to admit at first I was skeptical of the gold helmets but they have grown on me. I kinda wish we'd dump the matte finish on the maroon ones and go back to the normal maroon.

Oh man I love the matte maroon!

Love those gold helmets with that maroon Ski-U-Mah stripe. Solid!!!

I thought they'd pick the anthrocite jerseys. [emoji33]

Oh man I love the matte maroon!

This. If it wasn't matte, I don't think I'd like them.

I do hope we stick with this gold color now too. It's wierd to think we were rockin' the ND gold for a while.

Agree. While I still think M/M/G is the best, G/M/G is a close second. I just want to get back the outline of the state of MN on the back of the helmet.

Agree. While I still think M/M/G is the best, G/M/G is a close second. I just want to get back the outline of the state of MN on the back of the helmet.

Needs to be there somewhere. On sleeve or shoulder of jersey would also work.

M/G/M
If anything else is your top choice you are wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off topic, but the Ducks remind me of sherbet ice cream in the all greens

And m/m/g

I like the Gophers uniforms in general, with most combinations, with one HUGE exception: I hate the white pants, especially at home. Any home combo with white pants is like a visual version of fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I can live with all-white on the road but any combo at home that has white pants just looks awful to me. And sadly... they keep doing it to me.

Maroon on top and Gold on the bottom. That is my choice. Anything but all Gold and all White please. Even the Gold helmet has grown on me a little, but the Maroon helmet is superior by far.

I like the Gophers uniforms in general, with most combinations, with one HUGE exception: I hate the white pants, especially at home. Any home combo with white pants is like a visual version of fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I can live with all-white on the road but any combo at home that has white pants just looks awful to me. And sadly... they keep doing it to me.
If they had a white helmet it would work with the maroon jerseys. If the helmets only had numbers it would be an old school type of look.

Top Bottom