CBS: Big Ten West win total picks (Minnesota 5-7)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

Minnesota, 6 (Over -110, Under -110): Minnesota's schedule isn't that difficult in 2016. The non-conference slate includes three winnable games against Oregon State, Indiana State and Colorado State, all in Minneapolis. I believe the Gophers could easily get off to a 3-0 start before conference play begins.

And when Big Ten play does begin, life could certainly be a lot worse. Minnesota's three cross-divisional foes will be Penn State, Maryland and Rutgers, which is just about as soft of a landing as you can ask for, though both the Penn State and Maryland games are on the road.

Where we run into some problems, though, is that the Gophers will play both Nebraska and Wisconsin on the road, but they do get both Iowa and Northwestern at home.

I definitely believe that Minnesota can get back to a bowl game this year, and this time do so with an actual 6-6 record (Minnesota was one of those 5-7 teams that got to go bowling last year). In fact, I think 6-6 is the most likely outcome for the Gophers in the regular season, but I'm not here to root for pushes. That's no fun.

If I have to decide between 7-5 or 5-7 for this year's Minnesota team, I'm sorry, Gophers fans, but I'm a bit skeptical. Pick: Under

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...cting-one-of-the-most-unpredictable-divisions

Go Gophers!!

It's as if there's somebody in the Big Ten's scheduling office that has a vendetta against the Badgers.

No, the scheduling office just realized how easy they've had it the past few years. Gotta balance things out.

I'm counting on Wisconsin and Nebraska being a little beat up when we face them this year and us being healthy.

I'm counting on Wisconsin and Nebraska being a little beat up when we face them this year and us being healthy.

Chances are that every team will be beat up at that point of the season like any other football season.

No, the scheduling office just realized how easy they've had it the past few years. Gotta balance things out.

Also, they signed themselves up for the LSU game...

That's one of those quotes where I know I can just disregard whatever else the writer has to say. He clearly doesn't know how the schedules where made as it would explain exactly how that schedule came about.

Top Bottom