Gophers opener at 8pm on September 1

I think I'll row in this year. Traffic isn't too bad on the river... gotta dodge that one team is all. ...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We have considered this before. It can be done with some pre-planning. Biking is a lot easier though.

I parked at Bierman last year and went South on 15th to University Ave... worst decision I've made at a Gopher game. I intend on parking far and walking far this year.

I parked at Bierman last year and went South on 15th to University Ave... worst decision I've made at a Gopher game. I intend on parking far and walking far this year.

Was that because of the pedestrian/taxi cab accident?

I had no idea there was an accident like that. It would make sense. It took me an hour to get home and I live by St. Thomas in St. Paul.

I had no idea there was an accident like that. It would make sense. It took me an hour to get home and I live by St. Thomas in St. Paul.

Yeah, a normal 30-40 minute trip got us home around 2:00am. Kid ran out in front of a taxi near the Varsity in Dinkytown. They shut the road down. People had to go left or right on the street by McDonalds. We sat for an hour plus in the 4th Avenue Ramp before they allowed cars to exit. No announcement about what was causing the delay. Was pretty ticked-off until the next day when we heard about the accident. The kid was taken to the hospital. Don't remember what happened to him other than he was alive at the hospital the next day.

Humidity the bane of a MN summer.
I grew up in the OH R valley and went to school in St Louis and there was little talk of the humidity unless the heat index reached 95 or so in the morning.
In MN it can be -35 with a 25 mph wind and not a complaint. But 84 and 60% humidity and one would think the world was coming to an end.

So what is this MN angst about traffic?
I grant you that having both FB stadiums located some distance from what are very poorly designed interstates causes delays.
The MN games I attended at Madison were just as bad or worse in location but the fans seem to go back to tailgate parties or to a bar for some beer and food until the crowd gradually thins.
At MN we try to park about a 30-40 minute walk away, leave the stadium after everyone else does and the traffic has decreased by the time we get into our car.

I don't think the interstate design is the issue as much as getting TO it. The bulk of the delay is almost entirely getting to the interstate, after that it runs pretty well.

The traffic is worse after late start games, always has been and always will be. Less people stick around on a week night when the game ends at 11:30 so everyone is trying to leave at the same time and the roads just aren't designed for that amount of traffic.

Speaking of that what the hell happened after the TCF game last year?

I got sent in a new direction out of my parking lot for that game(but no other game) with what seemed like everyone.... and there was little traffic control to speak of.

It was like they just said everyone go here, all the cops are going home thanks.... good luck

Speaking of that what the hell happened after the TCF game last year?

I got sent in a new direction out of my parking lot for that game(but no other game) with what seemed like everyone.... and there was little traffic control to speak of.

It was like they just said everyone go here, all the cops are going home thanks.... good luck

TCU game? I think they're all TCF games....here at least.

Looks like the fourth matchup between the Beavers and Gophers. I am looking forward to this series over the next two years.
ed8fb3f9ef83501c7f208f21d2c43c56.jpg

Speaking of that what the hell happened after the TCU game last year?

Post #36.

Hopefully the Gophers can replicate the score of 1954.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I don't think the interstate design is the issue as much as getting TO it. The bulk of the delay is almost entirely getting to the interstate, after that it runs pretty well.

Well, before the game the interstate design can be an issue. There are only, what, 3 or 4 exits max that get you off the interstate anywhere close to TCF? But I agree with what you said about leaving.

I was talking about the MN folks...I live in Houston so I know we both have a good understanding of humidity. 96 here today...heat index is 109 right now and heading to 115.

Where? I grew up in Houtson.

I10 and HWY8 Spring Branch School District

Nope met a Minnesota girl. Didn't know the trap until it was sprung.

I was talking about the MN folks...I live in Houston so I know we both have a good understanding of humidity. 96 here today...heat index is 109 right now and heading to 115.

Posts like this make me miss Dances4Raiders even more. Now that lady knew humidity. It was ALWAYS above average where she was...

Hopefully the Gophers can replicate the score of 1954.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
I'll second that remark.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Apart from concerns about Gopher traffic mixing with Twins, Vikings, cabin traffic, and regular rush hour traffic, not to mention a possible desire to start the game at a time that will ensure it takes place almost entirely after dark in order to beat the heat, the 8:00 CT start is occurring for another reason, maximizing the TV ratings. The 8:00 CT start puts the game on at 6:00 PT for fans in Oregon and most of the other PAC-12 markets out west. That's still a bit on the early side for a weeknight and some viewers will miss the early portion, but it does give the west coast fans at least a fighting chance at seeing the game on TV and maximizing the ratings for BTN.

LA/Orange County Gopher fans will be about 10 miles down the highway by 6:00. Better set the DVR.

Top Bottom