Gophers opener at 8pm on September 1

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Like last year. Probably help with Twins game starting at 7...wait that might not really matter.

Probably the biggest factor is that it's early in the year, so placing it at the latest possible reasonable time increases the chances that it won't be 95 degrees at kickoff.

Probably the biggest factor is that it's early in the year, so placing it at the latest possible reasonable time increases the chances that it won't be 95 degrees at kickoff.

You can't handle 95? You wuss. :cool02:

Thursday night season kickoff under the lights, what's not to like?!? Awesome start time!

I'm happy I'll have longer to tailgate, I'm not happy traffic will keep us in Stadium Village until 1 a.m. like last year. I can't ethically "beat the traffic", either.

They must be less worried about the heat in North Carolina (Wake Forest 7PM start not on TV and NC State 7PM Start not on TV), Louisville (730PM ET start not on TV)....

I am sure it had to due to the heat and not the TV time slot that BTN thought would get best ratings...

They must be less worried about the heat in North Carolina (Wake Forest 7PM start not on TV and NC State 7PM Start not on TV), Louisville (730PM ET start not on TV)....

I am sure it had to due to the heat and not the TV time slot that BTN thought would get best ratings...

No one ever accused people in North Carolina and Kentucky of excess intelligence.

Yay!. I get to watch the game instead of being stuck at work.

I'll be covering a HS FB game that night, so I'll be DVR'ing the Gophers. My biggest issue will be trying to avoid checking the gamecast for the Gophers - not because I don't want to know, but because I don't want to miss a play in the game I'm covering because I'm trying to find out what the Gophs are doing.

Traffic is gonna be NASTY.

Will be smart to find a route to TCF other than the freeway system. I already have mine mapped out. My only concern is the potential long wait at Surly's if the Queen fans show up around 4-5pm and then jump on the light rail to the game.

Will be smart to find a route to TCF other than the freeway system. I already have mine mapped out. My only concern is the potential long wait at Surly's if the Queen fans show up around 4-5pm and then jump on the light rail to the game.

Is Queen playing a concert that night?

Depends on where you live. Even when the interstate is backed up to hell around the time you'd be heading to the game it is often still the best route :(

Depends on where you live. Even when the interstate is backed up to hell around the time you'd be heading to the game it is often still the best route :(
I think I'll row in this year. Traffic isn't too bad on the river... gotta dodge that one team is all. ...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bike to the stadium. If you live too far away then drive into the city and bike the rest of the way. By far the quickest cheapest option. You can bike right up to the gate.

Bike to the stadium. If you live too far away then drive into the city and bike the rest of the way. By far the quickest cheapest option. You can bike right up to the gate.

I would argue that the quickest and cheapest option is to work across the street from the stadium. My trip to the game will take approximately 5 minutes and cost $0.

I would argue that the quickest and cheapest option is to work across the street from the stadium. My trip to the game will take approximately 5 minutes and cost $0.

Well lucky you! How much do you pay for parking? And how long will it take you to get out of dinkytown after the game? One of the best parts of biking is you can get through the traffic quickly after the game too! Don't forget about that!

Well lucky you! How much do you pay for parking? And how long will it take you to get out of dinkytown after the game? One of the best parts of biking is you can get through the traffic quickly after the game too! Don't forget about that!

I have a monthly parking contract, which I would need to pay for regardless of whether I was going to the game. After the game, I always cut down toward Washington/Oak through the back campus roads, head over to Huron, 94, 280. It takes maybe 5 minutes longer than my daily commute home would take.

I have a monthly parking contract, which I would need to pay for regardless of whether I was going to the game. After the game, I always cut down toward Washington/Oak through the back campus roads, head over to Huron, 94, 280. It takes maybe 5 minutes longer than my daily commute home would take.

You have a pretty sweet set up there then! I'll stick to my biking.

So what is this MN angst about traffic?
I grant you that having both FB stadiums located some distance from what are very poorly designed interstates causes delays.
The MN games I attended at Madison were just as bad or worse in location but the fans seem to go back to tailgate parties or to a bar for some beer and food until the crowd gradually thins.
At MN we try to park about a 30-40 minute walk away, leave the stadium after everyone else does and the traffic has decreased by the time we get into our car.

So what is this MN angst about traffic?
I grant you that having both FB stadiums located some distance from what are very poorly designed interstates causes delays.
The MN games I attended at Madison were just as bad or worse in location but the fans seem to go back to tailgate parties or to a bar for some beer and food until the crowd gradually thins.
At MN we try to park about a 30-40 minute walk away, leave the stadium after everyone else does and the traffic has decreased by the time we get into our car.

The traffic is worse after late start games, always has been and always will be. Less people stick around on a week night when the game ends at 11:30 so everyone is trying to leave at the same time and the roads just aren't designed for that amount of traffic.

Top Bottom