ESPN: Big Ten Ultimate Road Trip: Week 6 (Iowa at Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Brian Bennett’s pick: Iowa at Minnesota

October in the Big Ten means the arrival of rivalry games, and I wouldn’t miss a chance to see the Floyd of Rosedale game. This year’s should also hold some meaning. Iowa likely enters the season as the favorite to repeat as West Division champion, but I like Minnesota as a dark horse in that division. The Golden Gophers gave the Hawkeyes a scare in Iowa City last November, losing in a 40-35 shootout. The last time Iowa came to Minneapolis, Minnesota romped 51-14. A win here could propel the Gophers to a great start to the season; they have the schedule to be 8-1 or better in the first nine games, should they win every one in which they should be favored. A Hawkeyes road win, meanwhile, would serve notice to the rest of the West that the defending champs are still strong. Throw in one of the best trophies in college football -- oink! -- and I’m fully on board with Floyd.

Josh Moyer’s pick: Iowa at Minnesota

Three words: Floyd of Rosedale. It’s widely regarded as the best rivalry trophy in all of college football -- NFL.com ranked it No. 1, as did Scout.com -- and grabbing an up-close glimpse of the 98-pound pig is definitely on my Big Ten bucket list. Outside of the trophy, though, this should still be a solid matchup. Iowa barely held on last season, 40-35, and this game will obviously have a huge impact on the early race in the West. There aren’t many must-watch B1G games this weekend -- such as Michigan at Rutgers, Indiana at Ohio State, Purdue at Illinois -- so this pick was a no-brainer for me.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/133835/big-ten-ultimate-road-trip-week-6

Go Gophers!!

If we can enter this game 4-0, this will be an exciting match-up. Especially if they are 4-0 as well, does this game have a time and channel yet? I can't remember.

If we can enter this game 4-0, this will be an exciting match-up. Especially if they are 4-0 as well, does this game have a time and channel yet? I can't remember.

No time/channel, but it won't be at night.

If we are both 4-0, I bet Iowa is ranked and we are not.

All the better when we win, though =).

Don't think Iowa will be 4-0 when we play them.

Sent from my keyboard using fingers.

Don't think Iowa will be 4-0 when we play them.

Sent from my keyboard using fingers.

Is this because I forgot they will have played 5 games when they play us because we have a bye? haha

I see two possible losses on their schedule before us though, so. I think they'll probably be 3-2 or 4-1. But if we're both undefeated, should be exciting.

Top Bottom