Ex-Baylor OL BJ Autry recent visit to Minnesota??

There is zero precedent for a player being granted a waiver because his coach was fired.

Penn State? If I recall correctly, players could transfer and be eligible immediately

Penn State? If I recall correctly, players could transfer and be eligible immediately

Yeah but that wasn't just the coach being fired. The eligibility for transfers was decided when the NCAA was handing down their punishment on Penn St, something that hasn't happened at Baylor, yet.

Yeah but that wasn't just the coach being fired. The eligibility for transfers was decided when the NCAA was handing down their punishment on Penn St, something that hasn't happened at Baylor, yet.
They haven't happened yet, because Baylor imposed punishment itself. They fired the coach & demoted the president. Sanctions may still be coming as well. Plus he hadn't signed his letter of intent to Baylor yet, I believe(on that point I could be wrong). So coming from a juco school, he wouldn't have to sit.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

They haven't happened yet, because Baylor imposed punishment itself. They fired the coach & demoted the president. Sanctions may still be coming as well. Plus he hadn't signed his letter of intent to Baylor yet, I believe(on that point I could be wrong). So coming from a juco school, he wouldn't have to sit.

According to 247, he not only signed his letter of intent, but also enrolled at the school. If that's the case, he would definitely need a waiver to play at a different school next season.

I don't think self imposed sanctions really impact the NCAA's wheel of random punishments at all.

The NCAA just hasn't bothered yet, granted it does take time to investigate what may be a lot of stuff.

They haven't even hit North Carolina and they outright had fake classes...

I don't think self imposed sanctions really impact the NCAA's wheel of random punishments at all.

The NCAA just hasn't bothered yet, granted it does take time to investigate what may be a lot of stuff.

They haven't even hit North Carolina and they outright had fake classes...
They're not going to hit UNC, well scratch that the women's basketball team is going to be the scapegoat

Good to know, thanks. I'd say the NCAA is as random with their rationale for waivers, as they are with punishment.

Lordshawesome feels blessed to be quoted by Lordshawesome.

Has he indicated when he'll announce his decision?

Gophers would have some really high quality depth on the interior with Moore, Autry, Calhoun, Wright and Mayes. I think we'll see some big holes opened for Brooks and Rodney this fall.

Hopefully BJ Autry passes the litmus test of Claeys & Coyle, and that there are no lingering issues that will prevent him from gaining admissions.

Maybe Donnell Greene committing will help make up his mind to be on a team with lots of upside potentials to contribute & be noticed by the pros.

Hoping and hoping that Autry picks us...

All I asked is that, the coaches be cautious and do their due diligence, it appears that they are.

bronco.jpg

Reported Fact: Claeys has made a bunch of money investing in stocks. Reported Fact: Claeys likes cheeseburgers. Reported Fiction: Claeys has used his stock gains to corner the market in cheeseburgers. Can we give this speculation a rest?

Doogie on his scoop podcast said that the kid wants the gophers but him mom wants Mississippi State. Mississippi State has allegedly backed off according to others.

If Miss St has backed off they better do the thrice-over on this kid. Hopefully he's clean but we don't want a PR nightmare. Not worth it.

If Miss St has backed off they better do the thrice-over on this kid. Hopefully he's clean but we don't want a PR nightmare. Not worth it.

Agree. But I'd imagine coming all the way up here, for a fresh start, would be his best option.

Our team is filled with high quality kids, I think taking a chance here or there can be worth it for us, and is probably his best chance to succeed as well.

Reading this string makes me very happy that I don't need to rely on the GopherHole for accurate information. GopherHole may be a great place for discussions and many other things but unfortunately, if you want timely, accurate and useful information on the above topic you are going have to pay for it.

What evidence is there that he's done anything wrong? Everything I keep reading states that he wanted to transfer after Briles was fired and that he was suspended after he left the team. That doesn't mean that he has character issues or anything of the sort being implied over and over in this thread.

What evidence is there that he's done anything wrong? Everything I keep reading states that he wanted to transfer after Briles was fired and that he was suspended after he left the team. That doesn't mean that he has character issues or anything of the sort being implied over and over in this thread.

Exactly! Unfortunately there is a tendency here for people here to fill in the answer based on little or no information.

Little or no information? There is enough smoke to be moderately concerned and be diligent, which is what they are doing. Nothing wrong with that and exactly what they should do.

Little or no information? There is enough smoke to be moderately concerned and be diligent, which is what they are doing. Nothing wrong with that and exactly what they should do.

Of course that what the U should be doing but that was not he point dpodoll was making. The question he raised was "What evidence is there that he's done anything wrong? Everything I keep reading states that he wanted to transfer after Briles was fired and that he was suspended after he left the team. That doesn't mean that he has character issues or anything of the sort being implied over and over in this thread."

Top Bottom