Ex-Baylor OL BJ Autry recent visit to Minnesota??

I'm sure Claeys will use good judgement. Hopefully he'll know the correct story as to what is going on.

I think the culture of the program has a huge influence on individual players behavior. A player who may go astray in a permissive environment, such as Baylor has. But I suspect the behavior exhibited by said players would be different, if they were surrounded by a team, school & student culture that realizes that winning without morality & character, isn't really winning... I firmly believe that culture exists in the Gopher locker room.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bronco.jpg

Wow! What a thread!! I'm having trouble with the idea of consensual sex translating into someone being a "bad" kid. Maybe I'm reading these comments incorrectly?

If he did nothing wrong then I say sign him. It sounds like Grobe is getting rid of anyone with any hint of impropriety, which is understandable. I think some of the naysayers are expressing their personal feelings about the coaching staff more than any moral outrage over recruiting a kid tarnished by the Baylor scandal.

Anyone have any actual info on if we are his leader and may be signing him? Love reading the speculation on if people would want him, but any actual indication it may even be a possibility?

Anyone have any actual info on if we are his leader and may be signing him? Love reading the speculation on if people would want him, but any actual indication it may even be a possibility?

He's here on a official visit until tomorrow and we have a former coach of his at Coffeyville on staff.

View attachment 4231

Wow! What a thread!! I'm having trouble with the idea of consensual sex translating into someone being a "bad" kid. Maybe I'm reading these comments incorrectly?
There was one post earlier that said there was a rumor or something that, while he was having consensual sex (which is perfectly fine), he knew about and let someone else on the team participate in some that was non-consensual. If he knew about that, and let it happen, there could be some questioning of character in that situation. That's what some people were referring to.

More of it is just speculation on why he became a JUCO player, could it be attitude, grades, etc. That is mixed in with some of the other posts so its a little confusing on who is referring to what.

I just hope he doesn't check out gopherhole before deciding. He's already been crucified...

I just hope he doesn't check out gopherhole before deciding. He's already been crucified...
If he does join the Gophers, that tune will change rapidly. Suddenly he will be a redeemed and misunderstood individual.

That's another way to look at it, but one look at his Twitter account which has several references to "hoes" would tend to give me pause, especially if I was Baylor.

It's a big jump from some kid posting something stupid.... to rape.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This guy is a monster.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aLfY7DKNWpI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Autry is a Juco AA with offers from Baylor, Arky, Florida, Ole Miss & South Carolina and likely our next commitment. Try to enjoy this fans.

We're on the verge of a breakout season and need immediate help on the OL to make it happen. Who cares why he played at a Juco? Hopw can anyone equate Juco with Autry being a bad kid? Or suggest that we're recruiting a lower character player since Kill left? I didn't care when Kill recruited Jucos Malcom Mouton, John Rabe, Josh Campion (prep school = same concern), Ge'Shun Harris (even though he was arrested and kicked off the team), Drayquan Crawford (who never made it past admissions), Roland Johnson, Martez Shabazz, BBC, James Gilliam (who was the next Adrian Peterson according to Kill), Jordan Hinojosa (who never made it to campus a couple times, before quitting once he did), De'Vondre Campbell, Damien Wilson or Cody Poock. Why would I be against bringing in another Juco?

He was released from his scholarship, not kicked off the team. He wasn't fired, he quit. The staff knows all the details. Can you blame Autry? Would you want to be part of that before you even got started? The scandal and coaching change may end up earning him the opportunity to play right away. I imagine the staff already has the NCAA petition drawn up?

Autry was implicated in a sexual assault situation and was cleared of wrongdoing. Stop. The coaches know the details and offered him anyhow. His Juco coach is now on staff, you can bet he knows the kid.

If Claeys is good with Autry, so am I.

We've brought in some nice oline prospects in the 2015 and 2016 classes. Having potentially three JUCO's come in and starting for the next couple years will build depth and competition with in the two deeps along the line, it also gives the younger guys more time develop in the weight room and in practice, that way if an underclassmen it truly good enough they would've earned it, rather then be forced into a bad situation. You need men not boys on the line and in my opinion since injuries do happen you want atleast 8-10 lineman that you feel good about putting into the game and if you have chance to add someone who can come in and crack the two deeps right away you do it.

Anyone know if he'll be eligible for '16 or if he'll have to sit out a year?

Do we know if this is the rule for sure? Or was that speculation?

247 shows that he enrolled on January 11. I don't know if they can grant a waiver with the turmoil at Baylor, but knowing the NCAA, I would not count on it.

But Baylor then became involved in a scandal and their coach was fired. There's no reason to believe he won't be allowed to sign elsewhere and play immediately.

That's the norm when a coach is fired. I'd be surprised if he had to sit.

FWIW, Claeys has said several times that the OL depth is one of his biggest concerns for next season. I believe on Sid's show, or somewhere else, he said something to the effect that "we have 7 or 8 kids who can play."

So, if they can bring in a good JUCO lineman, that helps the depth this year, and buys a year of development time for a younger prospect.

Also - Claeys' comments certainly sound to me like a shot - intentional or otherwise - at the OL recruiting and coaching. More evidence as to why Limegrover is no longer on the staff.

But Baylor then became involved in a scandal and their coach was fired. There's no reason to believe he won't be allowed to sign elsewhere and play immediately.

There is zero precedent for a player being granted a waiver because his coach was fired.

Top Bottom