Ex-Baylor OL BJ Autry recent visit to Minnesota??

The legal system only applies to the legal system. It never assumed to dictate the truth. There are plenty of places that have a much lower standard than "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt". Just because one jury finds someone guilty beyond a reasonable doubt or not does not mean that it's the end of the conversation. It is legally (usually). But the world exists outside the courtroom. OJ Simpson was a villain after he was found Not Guilty, and IMO, rightfully so. Those kids in Memphis who were convicted of murder for being fans of Metallica (West Memphis 3) were martyrs after being found Guilty of murder, and, IMO, rightfully so. Our legal system is the best that we have, but it's not perfect.

As far as Autry, yeah, if he doesn't get convicted of anything, he should be LEGALLY entitled to contribute to society and get an education. However, I can certainly see why a football program would pass on a kid if there is a lot of "smoke". I'm not saying there is with Autry, I'm just saying that the fact that charges haven't been brought is not and should not be the only thing that determines whether or not this situation is enough to make us want to avoid the kid.

There is an old saying you have probably heard before: "two wrongs don't make a right". Yes, the legal system isn't perfect. The US Constitution isn't perfect, but we still try to adhere to the principles.

Creating an extralegal system by the unqualified, for the biased, without any tenets of fair representation, cross-examinatuion, evidence standards, without impartial jury, and a preponderance standard strikes me as a third world type of solution.

So now we are the character police? But we cannot judge the plaintiff's character, motives, or ability to recollect events?

You guys are grasping at straws to defend this.
There's this thing in life called nuance. often, you have to look at things in a way that isn't just black and white to find the reality of the situation.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There is an old saying you have probably heard before: "two wrongs don't make a right". Yes, the legal system isn't perfect. The US Constitution isn't perfect, but we still try to adhere to the principles.

Creating an extralegal system by the unqualified, for the biased, without any tenets of fair representation, cross-examinatuion, evidence standards, without impartial jury, and a preponderance standard strikes me as a third world type of solution.

I'm completely adhering to the principles of the Constitution. I'm not saying that people found guilty should be tried again or anything. However, the Constitution also affords us the freedom to judge on our own. It's not an "extralegal" system, it's a non-legal system.

If the Gophers are scared off by a potential accusation against a kid, they are 100% within their rights to NOT offer the kid a scholarship, regardless of if he is convicted or not.

You're applying the laws and principles of Due Process to a non-legal setting. IT doesn't apply. The kid should get every right afforded to him by the US Constitution in any potential criminal matter. However, the U does not and should not make their decision of offering the kid a scholarship based on that outcome of that matter.

This happens everywhere, to everyone, all of the time.

I think we're arguing about different things. I am ranting about the fact we (and other schools) can't sign the kid because of the threat of very flawed Title IX investigations that do in fact have very real lifelong implications and violate rights. Your view of his guilt or innocence does not land on his transcript and bar his from entering university. Title IX judgements do. In what other part of society are businesses or schools or organizations allowed to brand someone a sexual deviant? If someone were to call for a job endorsement on a potential employee, you are going to be in the right telling them he is a rapist or a murderer without that person having passed through the legal process. How is this not slander?

Not only that, no justice was served in Texas. Baylor realizes this kid probably doesn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of, so it's easier to get rid of him w/o threat of reprisal than face the prospect of a civil suit for "doing nothing", even if it brands his (and Faulk's) reputation.

100% agree the U are within their right to not offer the scholarship. In fact, I think it's a bad idea in the current political climate because it could end badly for the coaches, admin, and program. Five or six years ago, we're not having this conversation.

Again, I think we're talking past each other so I do apologize that I'm not being clear what I'm discussing

Yah, could be. I was thinking of this article: http://www.ourdailybears.com/baylor...uco-transfers-autry-faulk-dismissed-from-team

Maybe just a coincidence they left the same day. Maybe he was given the "option" of resignation, or he wanted off the team after Briles left. Open question.

Regarding whether Autry was the "other player" named by the victim there are mixed accounts out there. Nothing definitive. The police report has not been made public. Swirling rumors...

More reading on Faulk.

Looks like Autry just wanted to transfer after the Briles Baylor dumpster fire. "The other player involved, reportedly Branton Autry, another JUCO transfer, has since left the team. Faulk said the other player wanted to transfer after Briles was fired and Baylor officials confirmed this week that he left the team and withdrew from school."

Baylor has lost 11 of 22 members of this recruiting class.

Stop making this harder than it is, PE. I can't believe that there are still 11 players that are hanging on to the **** show that is Baylor. I think it's not a "coincidence" that they probably have fewer "options" than the "other" "players" who have "left" the "team".

"#Witch Hunt"

Baylor has lost 11 of 22 members of this recruiting class.

Stop making this harder than it is, PE. I can't believe that there are still 11 players that are hanging on to the **** show that is Baylor. I think it's not a "coincidence" that they probably have fewer "options" than the "other" "players" who have "left" the "team".

"#Witch Hunt"

What is that supposed to mean? I will be thrilled if he makes it to MN. I do think we are suspending disbelief just a little bit. Its an unfortunate situation all around.

Baylor ought to bring back dunking chairs, stocks, float tests, and pitchforks. Put them on the quad of every school. Every little fiefdom.

100% agree the U are within their right to not offer the scholarship. In fact, I think it's a bad idea in the current political climate because it could end badly for the coaches, admin, and program. Five or six years ago, we're not having this conversation.

True, not only because of the current atmosphere, but also because Brewster never met a 4 star player that he wouldn't sign...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anybody hear anything lately about this big boy? Sure would be nice to see him on the turf at TCF in maroon and gold regardless of all the other speculation and opinion

I thought new news on him was coming this week.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nothing really too new. Mississippi State may have moved on so we would be the only ones really perusing him. Some questions are not clear in terms of what happened with him at Baylor, and if there is a significant issue then Coach Claeys will move on too. Claeys not available for comment now as he is out of town.

Nothing really too new. Mississippi State may have moved on so we would be the only ones really perusing him. Some questions are not clear in terms of what happened with him at Baylor, and if there is a significant issue then Coach Claeys will move on too. Claeys not available for comment now as he is out of town.

Claeys only comment would and only can be "no comment"

Top Bottom