BTN: Best of Week 8: (#5. Rutgers at Minnesota); Rutgers could knock off MN

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

If Minnesota’s offense is struggling, Rutgers may be able to walk into Minneapolis and knock off the Golden Gophers. A big key for the Scarlet Knights will be how well they have adapted to the new schemes on both sides of ball. If the go-go offense is clicking, RU may be able to tally a big win under rookie coach Chris Ash. Minnesota and Rutgers never have met.

Week 8 game rankings
1. Ohio State at Penn State
2. Wisconsin at Iowa
3. Michigan State at Maryland
4. Indiana at Northwestern
5. Rutgers at Minnesota
6. Illinois at Michigan
7. Purdue at Nebraska

http://btn.com/2016/06/06/best-of-week-8-ohio-state-at-penn-state-highlights-full-slate/

Go Gophers!!

Rutgers has a couple nice running backs and defensive linemen, but not much else. I can't imagine we'll struggle offensively enough to lose to these guys.

I would say the chances Rutgers beats the Gophers is about the same as Minnesota beating Iowa or Wisconsin

Not Iowa. But I'll give you Wisconsin.
We could back and forth on Iowa all night. I just don't think Minnesota is very close to Iowa. Yes the game last year was close but if I remember correctly Minnesota never had the ball in the second half able to take the lead.

We started Stelter and Timms at DT that game and rotated in Elmore and Ndondo-Lay and we only had one back up at safety and corner. Let's see how the game goes when we have a full complement of players.

We could back and forth on Iowa all night. I just don't think Minnesota is very close to Iowa. Yes the game last year was close but if I remember correctly Minnesota never had the ball in the second half able to take the lead.
Right, and the year before we pummeled them, no contest. Iowa and Wisconsin are the two schools that I throw all previous match-ups out the window for, because anything can happen (though its getting harder to do that with Wisconsin every year).

Right, and the year before we pummeled them, no contest. Iowa and Wisconsin are the two schools that I throw all previous match-ups out the window for, because anything can happen (though its getting harder to do that with Wisconsin every year).
I just don't see with what Iowa returns and what Minnesota returns to think that Minnesota is that close to Iowa. At least in 2016.

We match up closely with Iowa. Should be a tough game but I expect us to win at home.

I just don't see with what Iowa returns and what Minnesota returns to think that Minnesota is that close to Iowa. At least in 2016.

Last year was lightening in a bottle for Iowa...magical season for them but think the bowl game made it clear. Gophs played the then #5 team in nation extremely tough on the road.

We match up closely with Iowa. Should be a tough game but I expect us to win at home.

Agree...especially if Gophs are 4-0 and coming off road win at Penn St. Probably the marquee B1G match-up that week.

Oh please!! Rutgers will NOT beat us at TCF - that's just crazy talk!!!

Iowa way out kicked their coverage last year. I made the trip to Iowa City & even the crazed fans there admitted they weren't as good as their record indicated. Everyone saw it. No reason at all the Gophers can't beat them at TCF this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May have but I would take a season like that in a heartbeat.

Iowa way out kicked their coverage last year. I made the trip to Iowa City & even the crazed fans there admitted they weren't as good as their record indicated. Everyone saw it. No reason at all the Gophers can't beat them at TCF this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally. Got a work buddy from IA City and halfway through the season he stopped wanting to talk about the games ahead of time. Every Monday he would say "this isn't happening". He made commitment to go to Rose Bowl before the season (as always) but was torn by the end because he knew it wouldn't end good.

Agree...especially if Gophs are 4-0 and coming off road win at Penn St. Probably the marquee B1G match-up that week.

Ferentz is wound up so tight we'll know we've done our job if we can get some sideline blowup like this out of him in the 4th quarter.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_bZKEhgieoc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ferentz is wound up so tight we'll know we've done our job if we can get some sideline blowup like this out of him in the 4th quarter.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_bZKEhgieoc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maybe he'll be a complete schmuck take a late timeout for absolutely no reason because his team got their a$$es handed to them.

People say how friendly the Gophers schedule is this year, take a look at Iowa's schedule this year, and last year and the year before, i think their AD is sucking Delaney's you know what. Every time the schedule is reset with additional teams in the BIG or a change in the number of conference games Iowa somehow seems to miss tOSU during the regular season for the unseeable future. Coincidence....I don't think so, the fix is in for BIG $ even if someone as ****ty as Iowa is the only option in the West. Someone pleae do the math for me.

People say how friendly the Gophers schedule is this year, take a look at Iowa's schedule this year, and last year and the year before, i think their AD is sucking Delaney's you know what. Every time the schedule is reset with additional teams in the BIG or a change in the number of conference games Iowa somehow seems to miss tOSU during the regular season for the unseeable future. Coincidence....I don't think so, the fix is in for BIG $ even if someone as ****ty as Iowa is the only option in the West. Someone pleae do the math for me.

here is the math for you. Leidner is number 7 and he is, at best the 7th best qb in a 14 team league.

Wow, you are right. Just looked it up and they are only scheduled to play OSU once between 2011 and 2019. Who knows what will happen in 2020 as that schedule isn't out yet.

Top Bottom