Beth Goetz leaving Minnesota for job at University of Connecticut:

I would have been stunned if she had stayed. I wouldn't be surprised if she was "encouraged" to find a different role. Everyone was saying she was the day to day person behind Teague who was more of the public face. At some point if that's true she has to take at least some blame for all the scandals (other than Teague's lechery). I'm not saying they were her fault per se, but much like firing any authority figure when there's a scandal, it's her job to make sure it doesn't happen whether you legitimately have control over the situation or not.

I absolutely wish her luck, and frankly think this new role may pave the way for her to be an AD down the road.

In the end, it's funny how this search turned out.

You had all the people hammering the U for not hiring someone quicker. Had they hired earlier, they likely would have hired Goetz. Now we have someone (who may not have interviewed had they hired a few months ago) that at least on paper is pretty much the ideal candidate for an AD position.

Don't know how much was by plan or by luck, but in the end I think moving forward they're going to be in a pretty good spot.

Top Bottom