Beth Goetz leaving Minnesota for job at University of Connecticut:

GopherLady

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Probably best for all with the Wrestling mess.

The AD at Connecticut was a Teague hire here. Not positive but it seems all of his hires are now gone. Coyle can surround himself with his people.

Best of Luck, Beth!

again, playing devil's advocate here...but Beth isn't terrible on the eyes, does anyone else but
me think she may and likely had been a target of 'mega tongue's' inappropriate behavior?..
If it had i'm not surprised we hadn't heard about it, she comes off as very professional and
business like and keeps her focus on the student athletes best interest. Going to be missed.

Best of Luck, Beth!

again, playing devil's advocate here...but Beth isn't terrible on the eyes, does anyone else but
me think she may and likely had been a target of 'mega tongue's' inappropriate behavior?..
If it had i'm not surprised we hadn't heard about it, she comes off as very professional and
business like and keeps her focus on the student athletes best interest. Going to be missed.

what a weird thing to think and post. first of all, who cares. second of all, teague probably knew that beth has a female partner and wouldn't be interested. again though, very strange thought process to even think and post.

what a weird thing to think and post. first of all, who cares. second of all, teague probably knew that beth has a female partner and wouldn't be interested. again though, very strange thought process to even think and post.

Must have gone to Trump University.

Not surprising, would be hard to work for someone who got the job you were hoping to get. Good for her, hope it works out well for her in Conn

Sad to see her go. I thought her and Coyle could work together and become a great team that helped lead our Athletics Department, best of luck to her at UConn.

Weird thing to think about? According to what?.. were you not a fan of gopher sports less than a year ago when our athletic director had an issue with inappropriately texting females at the University and also an individual at the Star Tribune? Some of them married and seemingly 'wouldn't be interested' and many of their text replies noted that to Teague, and yet still acted in that manner.
Beth Goetz, a female, was the deputy athletic director working directly with Teague, correct?
What exactly would stop him from acting that towards her? What a weird response on your behalf..

Teague is gone. Can we please put him behind us and move forward.

Good luck to Beth.

Weird thing to think about? According to what?.. were you not a fan of gopher sports less than a year ago when our athletic director had an issue with inappropriately texting females at the University and also an individual at the Star Tribune? Some of them married and seemingly 'wouldn't be interested' and many of their text replies noted that to Teague, and yet still acted in that manner.
Beth Goetz, a female, was the deputy athletic director working directly with Teague, correct?
What exactly would stop him from acting that towards her? What a weird response on your behalf..
Just odd that you would take the conversation in that direction. May be he did, but why bring it up?

Congrats to Beth. She did indicate that she may not be here when she hired one of the deputies earlier.

Mark Coyle maybe will hire some of his staff that followed him to Syracuse.

Well not surprised and not too worried. The whole wrestling thing happened on her watch, so this is part of washing out the rest of the old. Best luck to her.

My friend is a coach at the U and she said working with Beth was always enjoyable, and she worked very hard.

Thanks for everything, Beth.

Big whoop. Coyle gets a clean slate to work with which is probably for the best.

Best of luck to her, glad we did not hire she is a posting that she probably belongs at now. Fact remains without the inappropriate behavior of the prior ad she would not have even gotten an interview glad we did not just make the easy decision.

Now we have someone to blame for the mess of the wrestling program.

I thought she acted very professional in her role as interim AD. She will most likely get another Natty only in women's BB instead of hockey.

Interesting you mention that. The two biggest layups in college sports. ... UConn winning women's basketball titles and Minnesota winning women's hockey titles. It's men vs. boys, er, women vs. girls, in both sports.

per Sid:

Goetz was sure to go

Beth Goetz wasn't in a talking mood following the announcement that the former Gophers interim athletic director had decided to leave the University of Minnesota to join former Gophers assistant athletic director David Benedict, who is now the AD at Connecticut.

All Goetz wanted to concentrate on was to praise the president of the University of Minnesota, Eric Kaler, for giving her the opportunity as interim AD last August, as she presided over one of the toughest stretches in the history of the athletic department. Goetz predicted great things for the Gophers under new AD Mark Coyle.

"I was happy to serve in the way the president asked me to, and if he would have felt I was the best I would have loved to the opportunity to lead Minnesota," Goetz said. "But I really think Mark Coyle is a great guy. He is going to do a tremendous job moving forward in the future."

One thing Goetz did say that was lured her to UConn was the opportunity to be involved with a football program, which other opportunities she had didn't offer.

"I love the Twin Cities, and it wasn't easy to leave," she said. "It was a really difficult decision for me. I know the success they're going to have and what great people are there, so it was a tough choice, a tough decision."

There's no doubt in my mind that at one time Kaler was going to make Goetz the permanent athletic director, but when one problem after another developed in the athletic department, the pressure from the outside was such that the boosters and those close to the university wouldn't have been happy with the appointment.

There's also no doubt also in my mind that she was very upset when she was overruled on whether or not to keep former football coach Jerry Kill in the program, and that it was among the many factors as to why she left.

I don't believe the job at UConn is any better than the one Goetz would have had here had she stayed. But thinking she had the top job at one time was another big reason for her departure.

http://www.startribune.com/thibodeau-looking-at-assistants-prospects/382437361/

Go Gophers!!

I had no doubt in my mind until Sid said he had no doubt in his. Now I'm not so sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had no doubt in my mind until Sid said he had no doubt in his. Now I'm not so sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be the most logical thing you've posted.

Top Bottom