STrib: For Coyle and Claeys, it all started at Dairy Queen

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

The first time Tracy Claeys met his new boss, they were at a Dairy Queen.

Mark Coyle, the Gophers new athletics director, had spoken to the football coach by phone multiple times. But their first in-person greeting came at the DQ in Hutchinson, Minn., last week on the first leg of the Gopher Road Trip.

“That was all a strategy,” Claeys said Wednesday.

Claeys referenced Illinois, where two months ago, new AD Josh Whitman fired football coach Bill Cubit on his first day on the job.

“The first time Bill Cubit met with his AD, it didn’t go so well,” Claeys said. “So I was like, well, I’m going to meet our [AD] out in public. And so far it’s worked.”

http://www.startribune.com/for-coyle-and-claeys-it-all-started-at-dairy-queen/382285331/

Go Gophers!!

per Joe:

The first time Tracy Claeys met his new boss, they were at a Dairy Queen.

Mark Coyle, the Gophers new athletics director, had spoken to the football coach by phone multiple times. But their first in-person greeting came at the DQ in Hutchinson, Minn., last week on the first leg of the Gopher Road Trip.

“That was all a strategy,” Claeys said Wednesday.

Claeys referenced Illinois, where two months ago, new AD Josh Whitman fired football coach Bill Cubit on his first day on the job.

“The first time Bill Cubit met with his AD, it didn’t go so well,” Claeys said. “So I was like, well, I’m going to meet our [AD] out in public. And so far it’s worked.”

http://www.startribune.com/for-coyle-and-claeys-it-all-started-at-dairy-queen/382285331/

Go Gophers!!

Coach Claeys is clearly committed to Minnesota.

It's much nicer and remodeled now, but that particular Dairy Queen is responsible for making my parents buy way too many sundaes just so I could complete my mini MLB batting helmet collection.

Did he sit facing the entry door? Play by play anyone?

Bite your tongue. Their 5-buck lunch is the best fast food meal out there.

I have also partaken in their 5-buck lunch but as you pointed out, it is a fast food meal. I could go on with this but I am afraid, as usual, the GopherHole would turn this into a never ending string on star rating systems.:rolleyes:

I have also partaken in their 5-buck lunch but as you pointed out, it is a fast food meal. I could go on with this but I am afraid, as usual, the GopherHole would turn this into a never ending string on star rating systems.:rolleyes:

Stars are meaningless. I had offers to attend lunch at Arby's, Subway, Taco Bell and McDonalds, but went with the fast food lunch that provided me with the best opportunity for success later in the day, and that was to stay at home and eat at Dairy Queen.

Stars are meaningless. I had offers to attend lunch at Arby's, Subway, Taco Bell and McDonalds, but went with the fast food lunch that provided me with the best opportunity for success later in the day, and that was to stay at home and eat at Dairy Queen.

I personally go for the most calories at the lowest cost. It is my attempt to save money while eating healthy.

subway is the penn state of quick food. jared = jerry sandusky

So you were blessed with an offer from Dairy Queen. I'm assuming you were thankful for offers from Arby's, Subway, Taco Bell and McDonalds?

I know he's got an offer from Dairy Queen, but his only other offer is from White Castle, so I'm not impressed.

I know he's got an offer from Dairy Queen, but his only other offer is from White Castle, so I'm not impressed.

Burger King has assured me that I have a commitable offer if I can run down The King at their camp on Saturday.

I am blessed and pleased to announce that I am taking my talents to Annies Parlour.

After long consideration, and help from my family, friends, and Coaches, I've decided the best place for me right now is In-n-Out Burger. I'd like to thank the other places that extended offers, but I feel that I've found a place I can call home.

Just gotta keep the borders closed if the local kids get that Culver's offer.

Top Bottom