Gopher Softball 2017

Another pitcher wouldn't hurt? Are there any stud lefties out there who could help SG next season?

Another pitcher wouldn't hurt? Are there any stud lefties out there who could help SG next season?

Amber Fiser, pitcher, Beverly Bandits

A fast-rising national prospect, Amber is a southpaw who will be a nice complement to Minnesota ace Sara Groenewegen. She is a two-time 1st Team All-State selection and was named the 3A Pitcher of the Year this past spring after finishing her junior season with a 26-2 record, a 0.16 ERA and 313 strikeouts. Playing in Iowa, her high school stretches deep into the summer so she misses a lot of club play, but helped her Bandits team win Boulder IDT as a dominant closer who throws hard inside, outside, up and down.

The squad also has the number one rated senior in the nation who is also a pitcher. So, not sure how much Amber Fiser throws and does she ever get the ball in the big games for the Beverly Bandits? They list her as a 3B also.

(Mind you, this was from a report before the 2016 season even got underway.)

Hard to get any stats from the Beverly Bandits.

Think she threw yesterday for her high school team.
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Another of the new faces

Carly Brandt, Le Seuer-Henderson Gatorade Player of the Year for Minnesota
School: Le Sueur-Henderson (Le Sueur, Minn.)
Grade: Senior
Position: Right-handed pitcher and shortstop
Height: 5-foot-7

Athletic achievement: She led the Giants to a 20-3 record and a berth in the Class AA sectional finals, scheduled for June 2. A returning Class AA First Team All-State selection as named by the Minnesota Fastpitch Coaches Association, Brandt owned a 20-1 record at the time of her selection with a 0.47 ERA and 278 strikeouts, issuing just 14 walks in 134 innings pitched. Brandt batted .493 with five home runs, 14 runs scored and 18 RBI through 23 games. She led Le Sueur-Henderson to the program’s first-ever state tournament appearances in 2014 and 2015, capturing Class AA All-Tournament Team honors as a sophomore and junior.
http://usatodayhss.com/2016/gatorade-minnesota-softball-poy-carlie-brandt

Groenewegen has been busy recently with the Canadian National team. She threw in a couple of exhibition games at the teams training camp in Thousand Oaks California. They were there from June 13th to June 17th, playing 8 games. Next they went to Japan from June 21st to the 27th, playing 12 games, with Sara appearing in 6 of those.
The US World Cup is scheduled to begin on July 5th in Oklahoma City. The WBSC Championship (World Baseball Softball Confederation) starts on July 15th in Surrey, B.C.

A little bit of info on Kendyl Lindaman from a game a few days ago

Kendyl Lindaman blasted her 11th home run earlier in the game. It was the 67th of her career, but the National Federation doesn’t count her eighth-grade numbers.

Lindaman now has 55 homers in a four-year span, putting her six shy of the national all-time record.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ntennial-mason-city-valley-softball/86605156/

Here's something about another Iowan coming here. The fences at Cowles won't be safe from her.

Here are the big 2017 questions:

1) Who's the catcher? LeMay was a rock back there for 3 years.
2) Who's in the outfield?
3) Can Fiser be the #2 pitcher. Stober still hasn't shown she could do it.

Backup pitcher is most important to me. Sara can't pitch every game. We could make it very far if they can find an able number two.

1) Kendyl Lindaman will be the catcher, I'd assume. And what a potent bat she carries with her on the offensive half.

2) Very tough question. But I'd assume Jessie Isham takes 1 spot with Sydney Dwyer, Carlie Brant, Kaylen Krueger, Erika Rozell, and Taylor Chell being other options. I'd assume highly touted recruit Makenna Partian takes over at SS. But really, who knows. Maybe she ends up in the outfield.

3) It's gotta be Amber Fiser.

1) Kendyl Lindaman will be the catcher, I'd assume. And what a potent bat she carries with her on the offensive half.

2) Very tough question. But I'd assume Jessie Isham takes 1 spot with Sydney Dwyer, Carlie Brant, Kaylen Krueger, Erika Rozell, and Taylor Chell being other options. I'd assume highly touted recruit Makenna Partian takes over at SS. But really, who knows. Maybe she ends up in the outfield.

3) It's gotta be Amber Fiser.

On OF, if there is someone to take 3B, wouldn't Macken be an option in LF. She did play there her freshman year.

On OF, if there is someone to take 3B, wouldn't Macken be an option in LF. She did play there her freshman year.

I'm going to guess no. She has started 117 straight games at third base. Would be very surprised if she was moved for her last year.

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/AllieArneson">@AllieArneson</a> is an infielder transferring from Virginia. She will have 3 years left of eligibility. She started 43 games at SS last year!</p>— Minnesota Softball (@GopherSoftball) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherSoftball/status/760167527200677888">August 1, 2016</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Are softball transfers eligible right away or do they have to sit out a year like basketball/football (unless grad transfer)?

Are softball transfers eligible right away or do they have to sit out a year like basketball/football (unless grad transfer)?

Play right away.

Holy toledo, what a day for that program.

Missouri's other stud pitcher recently transferred to Oklahoma.

Play right away.

Holy toledo, what a day for that program.

Missouri's other stud pitcher recently transferred to Oklahoma.

Maximus, where did you find that? Maybe you were aware of it already? That is great.

(I looked up some examples. For one, Kelsee Selman, went from LSU to Baylor. Threw the next season.)

Maximus, where did you find that? Maybe you were aware of it already? That is great.

(I looked up some examples. For one, Kelsee Selman, went from LSU to Baylor. Threw the next season.)

Pretty sure the sit out a year rule is only applicable to basketball and football.

Top Bottom