Gopher Softball 2017

On the bright side, they will have only given up 2 runs in 2 games to the top team in the region

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three outs left in the season ladies. Do you want to get it done or not?

We really don't have a solid PH off bench like the fat girl from LT right?

Second play of the game, our second baseman probably should have made that play. That will be the difference in the game?!?

That can't be.

Second play of the game, our second baseman probably should have made that play. That will be the difference in the game?!?

That can't be.
Probably is the difference.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

That can't be.

Difference is 0-6 leadoff hitters and all the LOB and lack of hitting. Same as it was first one vs Alabama

Was that the first solid swing on an inside pitch all game?

Good games. You gotta score to win.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

0 runs in 16 innings. That's the only story to take away from it

Interesting to note. The Teams to advance so far to the Super Region are filled with SEC teams.
Just taking note....

Yeah, and they're all playing at HOME. Makes a huge difference; at least one or two runs per game, probably more. It's not a coincidence the Gophers lost two games by 1 run each.

I suspect Florida, at home, will pound Alabama if for no other reason than Alabama can't score.

On the bright side, they will have only given up 2 runs in 2 games to the top team in the region

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No moral victories at this point. In the end, unfortunately, they have no one to blame but themselves. They had plenty of chances over the two games and simply didn't get it done. Sad way for Sara, Sam and Tori to go out, but in the end, the team didn't deserve to move on.

With that said, what a fantastic year! I'll take 56-5 with a bunch of Big 10 hardware any time!
Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected a Gopher softball team to win 56 games and run roughshod over most of the competition like this team did. A whole lot of fun memories were created this year. And, naturally, congrats to Sam, Tori and Sara on great careers as Gophers! We'll always remember what you did for the program and you may you find great success in whatever your future may hold!!!! You'll always share a warm place in the hearts of Gopher fans everywhere!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Although the Gophs got screwed at the end of the first game, their big hitters let them down this series. Too many bats on the shoulders on very hittable pitches. Sad way to end a stellar career for Sara G.

No moral victories at this point. In the end, unfortunately, they have no one to blame but themselves. They had plenty of chances over the two games and simply didn't get it done. Sad way for Sara, Sam and Tori to go out, but in the end, the team didn't deserve to move on.

With that said, what a fantastic year! I'll take 56-5 with a bunch of Big 10 hardware any time!
Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected a Gopher softball team to win 56 games and run roughshod over most of the competition like this team did. A whole lot of fun memories were created this year. And, naturally, congrats to Sam, Tori and Sara on great careers as Gophers! We'll always remember what you did for the program and you may you find great success in whatever your future may hold!!!! You'll always share a warm place in the hearts of Gopher fans everywhere!!! :clap::clap::clap:

We'll said! A very potent team indeed, but unfortunately the best doesn't always win. Might have been a little bit "tight" in this game.

I feel for your team...

Hard to understand why most of our hitters were so tentative at the plate. We can, and have, complained about the lack of seating and bad calls by ump yesterday but in the end our silent bats doomed us. Great year overall but we wasted an opportunity with a premier pitcher.

Gophers were well scouted and never adjusted.

Yep. Can't take strike after strike after strike and put yourselves in a bad spot. Did it in the first game. Needed to adjust and just didn't do it.

The consensus is we needed to play the hand we were dealt, and we didn't do a good job of it. That's true and sour grapes are unbecoming and leave a bad taste. But, for me, it still doesn't change one important thing.

The committee is wearing a black badge for what they did to the University of Minnesota softball team in 2017. We earned our chance at it (hosting). Our kids did the best they could to overcome it, but they are kids, and that was a big level of disrespect thrown at them, and a big distraction, in addition to the teams in the tournament and home field advantage. That is a big difference maker. We may not have won at home, but we would have had the chance we deserved.

Great Season Ladies!

No B1G's will make the Super Regions. We're the " little sisters " in NCAA softball. I don't see the graphics of that changing. In regards to the ladies, they had a great season. Be interesting to see how Bama does in Florida. Good pitching reigns in this game, and they've two capable pitchers. In regards to us hosting a Region, who knows how we would've done. It is all pure conjecture. A " Sarah " comes around once in a lifetime. Don't see us running the table next year.
This year was a hell of a ride though. NOW!!! let's gear up for " Row the Boat "

Top Bottom