Gopher Softball 2017

We have taken strike three more than gone down swinging, right?

Those last two strike threes were just grooved!

Macken needs to lead a team dugout meeting after this half

Have to be a little more aggressive at the plate making things easy on Alabama right now.

Everybody is standing there taking strike after strike. Gotta swing the bat when pitches are in the zone against Osorio. She's good enough on her own, she doesn't need help from us just standing there watching called third strike after called third strike.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Sara just has to keep putting up goose eggs. Good things are going to happen. What a game!

'If any part of the ball touches the plate it's a strike.' How many more times are we gonna hear this 8th grade commentary?

We're hoping for walks at the plate right now. Not liking this approach at all.

I don't know if we have had one at bat where the hitter has looked comfortable or confident (maybe Macken?)

Seems that they are acting like they're facing the Ohio State staff with a tight-zone ump, again. This pitcher is far more talented...though there is very little movement on the ball. Power it through.

Coach Allister made a good point during her interview. Osorio will miss the zone quite a bit, but on 3-1 or 2-0, we've been taking the next pitch for a strike almost every time. Need to start hacking at those.

My first time watching Gopher Softball today... Is there some sort of strategy being used that they aren't trying to hit?? I don't get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first time watching Gopher Softball today... Is there some sort of strategy being used that they aren't trying to hit?? I don't get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol..we're lulling her to sleep for the big ambush in the seventh inning!

Even though that was one-two-three, at least Dwyer out an agressive swing on. Those have been sorely lacking in this game from the entire lineup.

Both Tenn/USC Upstate announcers saying how there should have been obstruction and an out when R2 and F6 almost collided and grounder got into outfield and R2 scored. Do none of them know the difference between interference and obstruction?

She is fun to watch but now we need some hits. Too much standing around waiting to be walked and their pitcher is strong as well. We can hope that her higher pitch count catches up with her.

Macken's only hitter playing well

This is getting tougher to watch. You'd like to see signs of hope...there have only been 3 well-hit balls by the Gophers so far though. This game's going to end ~1-0 or thereabouts, and at this point Alabama having the home-field advantage IS the advantage.

The thing about games like softball, baseball, hockey, soccer...it only takes one lucky break to win a game, or one on-fire pitcher or goalie, or ...

This is getting tougher to watch. You'd like to see signs of hope...there have only been 3 well-hit balls by the Gophers so far though. This game's going to end ~1-0 or thereabouts, and at this point Alabama having the home-field advantage IS the advantage.

The thing about games like softball, baseball, hockey, soccer...it only takes one lucky break to win a game, or one on-fire pitcher or goalie, or ...

Or Kendyl Lindaman parking one in the seats in the seventh inning!!!

My fear is all the outs that were given away in the first three innings are going to come back and bite them. Can't just giveaway at-bats against elite-level pitching.

My fear is all the outs that were given away in the first three innings are going to come back and bite them. Can't just giveaway at-bats against elite-level pitching.

That, but at least they were taking the pitcher deep into the count on about every plate appearance. Still, yeah, they sat and watched a lot of strike 3's.

That, but at least they were taking the pitcher deep into the count on about every plate appearance. Still, yeah, they sat and watched a lot of strike 3's.
That is true. Osorio has had to work a lot harder in terms of pitches thrown than Sara.
PR Krueger and bunt Maddie here

Top Bottom