Gopher Softball 2017

LOL let'sbeclear, you do have too much time on your hands! :)

It's sad that ESPN also seems to be fawning all over the SEC for softball like they do for the ACC in men's basketball. I wonder if "Dukie-V" is an SEC softball fan?

;)

First game is in the books and the SEC loses. :D

BYU 8, Mississippi State 0 (6 inn).

The Bulldogs changed pitchers with 1 out and 2 on in the bottom of the 6th trailing 6-0 to try and avoid getting run ruled but it didn't work.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

The University of Albany Great Danes are the fourth and final team in the Regional Tourney. They come in with a 26-16 record. They were winners of the America East Conference tournament. 10-3 at home, 4-8 away, 13-5 neutral and 8-7 in conference.
Offensively they are led by another heavy hitting catcher, Senior Elizabeth Snow. The America East Player of the Year leads the team in just about every category. Batting average, slugging percentage, on base percentage, hits, runs batted in and home runs with 13, along with 23 doubles. You can throw in walks and hit by pitch also. Only thing she won't do is steal a base. Couple of other .300 hitters in the lineup in Chelsea Henige and Donna Conrad.
They received good performances out of all three of their pitchers in the conference tournament. Looking at the stats, hard to pinpoint any one as the ace. Celeste Verdolivo leads in ERA and innings pitched, but just slightly in both categories.
Have won 9 of their last 10 games. RPI of 190. To give that some perspective, that is lower than Rutgers. 10 games canceled during the course of the year, hence the low game total.

Big Ten Games Today
RPI along with Record

Tuscaloosa Regional
Minnesota-11 (54-3) vs La Tech-80 (37-22)

Lexington Regional
Illinois-27 (37-18) vs Marshall-28 (41-10)

Knoxville Regional
Ohio State-35 (35-16) vs USC Upstate-40 (44-11)

Eugene Regional
Wisconsin-45 (33-15) vs Missouri-31 (29-26)

Seattle Regional
Michigan-21 (41-11-1) vs Fresno State-48 (34-21)

My picks to upset the seeding
Minnesota
James Madison-13 (50-6) in the same region as Baylor*, Oregon State and Kent State
Louisiana Lafayette-17 (45-6) in the same region as LSU*, McNeese and Fairfield.
Very outside chance, Illinois in the same region as Kentucky*, Marshall and DePaul.

It's a shame that #WinAnyway is not trending in Minneapolis on Twitter. Get at it (I have)!!!!!

Who do you think starts vs La Tech?

Groenewegen has been starting the Friday games all season, but does Allister switch to Fiser vs La Tech?

Groenewegen has been starting the Friday games all season, but does Allister switch to Fiser vs La Tech?

Gosh, you are always correct on these types of questions. You suggested Macken into the outfield before the season ever began and I didn't think it would happen. You were right on the money.
I'm a chicken, would go with Groenewegen.

From the Daily Gopher

Friday, May 19 – Game #1: La Tech vs. Minnesota 1:30pm CT

Friday, May 19 – Game #2: Albany vs. Alabama 4:00pm CT

Saturday, May 20– Game #3: Game 1 winner vs. Game 2 Winner 1:30pm CT

Saturday, May 20 – Game #4: Game 1 loser vs. Game 2 loser 4:00pm

Saturday, May 20 – Game #5: Game 3 loser vs. Game 4 winner 6:30pm CT

Sunday, May 21 – Game #6: Game 3 winner vs. Game 5 winner 1:30pm CT

Sunday, May 21 – Game #7 (If Necessary): 4:00pm CT

I've got Groenewegen penciled in for today and the game against Alabama tomorrow. They are planning on being 2-0 at that point.
If we play Albany tomorrow early or late, we start Fiser. :cool:

Let's go Gophers!!!!!!!

Watching the Illini/Marshall game and have to have someone explain to me why in the world they decided to try and steal third? Sure did not like that move.
Illini tie it up with a solo home run. 1-1. Top of 5.

Wow. Bases loaded, 2 outs, and a called strike 3. Heading to the bottom of 6 tied 2-2 (Illinois and Marshall).

We going to be streaming anywhere, or probably wait for Illinois to end so that ND/Cal goes back to ESPN and we go on U?

Moved to ESPN News so at least gonna be live whole way through

The game is ESPNews.

Marshall-Illinois went to extra innings, which pushed the 1:00 starting Notre Dame-Cal game to ESPNU.

We were a bit sloppy at the end, but the girls knew it was in the bag. Good to get out in 4.5 innings. And Sara only pitched to 7 batters.

SEC lost another one today (Arkansas lost to Tulsa).

Getting to be a little too much of an adventure on defense when Groenewegen isn't in the circle. Wish they would clean that up. Happened in the Big Ten Tourney also.
Side note: former great, Peter Meredith is the BYU pitching coach. BYU up on Utah 2-1 late in the game.

We going to be streaming anywhere, or probably wait for Illinois to end so that ND/Cal goes back to ESPN and we go on U?

Barriero is even a dick when talking about this great team. He said beating La Tech was no big deal, that they were expected to rout them. He is such a dick

How are announcers so clueless about rules? The Arneson interference last week they were talking about her feet which is irrelevant, and now for Florida/A&M they were talking about interference at the plate. Normally my sign of parents being clueless is yelling for interference on obstruction calls, but you would sure think announcers would know the difference

Barriero is even a dick when talking about this great team. He said beating La Tech was no big deal, that they were expected to rout them. He is such a dick

How can he say something like that, the Gophers aren't even seeded ? ;)

Top Bottom