Gopher Softball 2017

Wow! Did not realize that Illinois-Marshall game went 12 innings, with Wonderly going all 12! Good for them.

The ladies certainly took care of business today. Sara should be fully rested heading into tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Ohio State with 2 errors on one play allows USC Upstate to tie it up 3-3.

A 7th inning train wreck.

Well, 2-1 for the Big Ten so far with the Ohio State meltdown. Thinking that Michigan will take care of business against Fresno State and Menz will give Wisconsin a shot against Missouri tonight.

Minnesota vs. #16 Alabama is at 11:30 AM tomorrow. Channel TBD. Sounds like some weather will be in the area so they moved it up from the original 1:30 start.

Michigan up 1-0 against Fresno State and Wisconsin up 2-1 against Missouri. Both games in the 3rd inning.

Barriero is even a dick when talking about this great team. He said beating La Tech was no big deal, that they were expected to rout them. He is such a dick

I'm sure he knows that Tech hadn't been run-ruled this year until today. :rolleyes:

I can't say I root for any stinkin Badger team very often, but I'm rooting for them to beat Mizzou. I find I'm rooting against every SEC team in the tournament after the favoritism shown them by the NCAA/ESPN. I even wish I could watch the tournament on a channel other than ESPN.

I can't say I root for any stinkin Badger team very often, but I'm rooting for them to beat Mizzou. I find I'm rooting against every SEC team in the tournament after the favoritism shown them by the NCAA/ESPN. I even wish I could watch the tournament on a channel other than ESPN.

Agreed. For this tournament, I'm all Big 10, all the time.

With that said, a pretty good first day for the conference, winning four out of five games.

Felt bad for Ohio State in their game. Came back from 2-0 down to take a 3-2 lead in the bottom of the sixth only to have a disastrous top of the seventh do them in. Wonderly was really a workhorse for Illinois today while Betsa and Menz also had excellent outings for Michigan and Wisconsin. Plus, Mississippi State got routed twice and was the first team out of this year's tourney while the Badgers downed another SEC school in Missouri.

All and all, not too bad for such a poor league! :p:eek:

Tuscaloosa Regional
Minnesota plays #16 seed Alabama

Gainesville Regional
#1 seed Florida plays Oklahoma St

Tucson Regional
#2 seed Arizona plays South Carolina

Eugene Regional
#3 seed Oregon plays Wisconsin

Tallahassee Regional
#4 seed Florida State plays Georgia

Los Angeles Regional
#5 seed UCLA plays San Jose State

Seattle Regional
#6 seed Washington plays Michigan

Auburn Regional
#7 seed Auburn plays California

Knoxville Regional
#8 seed Tennessee plays USC Upstate

College Station Regional
#9 seed Texas A&M plays Texas State

Norman Regional
#10 seed Oklahoma plays Tulsa. Sorry, sorry, sorry, this is incorrect and I knew it and forgot all about it! North Dakota State LEADS Oklahoma in a suspended game 2-0. Should read "Tulsa plays winner of #10 seed Oklahoma and North Dakota State."

Salt Lake City Regional
#11 seed Utah plays BYU (BYU needs 2 victories)

Oxford Regional
#12 seed Mississippi plays Arizona State

Baton Rouge
#13 LSU play La Lafayette

Lexington Regional
#14 Kentucky plays Illinois

Waco Regional
#15 Baylor plays James Madison

(Hoping Murphy made an error in judgement by letting Osorio sit yesterday. She hasn't thrown since May 11th. While she will be rested, maybe she won't be sharp.)

Tuscaloosa Regional
Minnesota plays #16 seed Alabama

Gainesville Regional
#1 seed Florida plays Oklahoma St

Tucson Regional
#2 seed Arizona plays South Carolina

Eugene Regional
#3 seed Oregon plays Wisconsin

Tallahassee Regional
#4 seed Florida State plays Georgia

Los Angeles Regional
#5 seed UCLA plays San Jose State

Seattle Regional
#6 seed Washington plays Michigan

Auburn Regional
#7 seed Auburn plays California

Knoxville Regional
#8 seed Tennessee plays USC Upstate

College Station Regional
#9 seed Texas A&M plays Texas State

Norman Regional
#10 seed Oklahoma plays Tulsa

Salt Lake City Regional
#11 seed Utah plays BYU (BYU needs 2 victories)

Oxford Regional
#12 seed Mississippi plays Arizona State

Baton Rouge
#13 LSU play La Lafayette

Lexington Regional
#14 Kentucky plays Illinois

Waco Regional
#15 Baylor plays James Madison

(Hoping Murphy made an error in judgement by letting Osorio sit yesterday. She hasn't thrown since May 11th. While she will be rested, maybe she won't be sharp.)

Not so fast in Norman, the Sooners need to win first.

Not so fast in Norman, the Sooners need to win first.
I REALLY apologize!!! I am sooooo sorry! Go Bison! Total brain lapse. Great job winning the conference tourney and hoping they continue on.
Sertic can beat anyone as Ole Miss, winners of the SEC tourney, can attest to.

Menz - 7 innings, 2 runs, 3 hits, 2 BB, 2 strikeouts, 13 ground outs, 6 fly outs

Wonderly - 12 innings, 2 runs, 8 hits, 1 BB, 8 strikeouts, 173 pitches

Betsa – 7 innings, 1 run, 1 hit, 4 BB, 13 strikeouts

Couple nice match ups today.
Groenewegen and Osorio.
Speculating on this one. Bestsa and Alvelo. (Thinking that Hutchins will come right back with her today and that Tarr does the same thing.)

Wonderly throwing again for the Illini.

Normally a simple couple fingers does the sign, this catcher a bit excessive.

Probably good we didn't host since today would be washout

Gotta start sending those outside strikes opposite field

I think this ump has a little bit bigger strike zone than the umps in the Big Ten tourney last week. And that 'Bama pitcher is painting the corners. Hopefully, our batters can adjust sooner than later!

I thought those first two strikes she threw to Lineman looked unhittable

This.

And the Gophers having to play AT Alabama is an unfair crock of ****. Would be amazing to win, but we shall see. Through 2 ABs the bats have been sitting on the shoulders.

Oh, and Dwyer clearly got hit on the elbow.

Ladies really tentative at the plate to start out. Don't give Osorio so much respect you don't even swing at strikes.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom