Gopher Softball 2017

The team looks locked in and ready to go for the Big Ten. Should be a fun conference season! :)

Gophers beat Pacific 12-1 and 10-0 today if I'm reading things correctly. Fiser threw the 12-1 game and Finucane the 10-0 victory. Lindaman, Dwer and Groenwegen all homered in the 12 run game. Parlich had 3 hits and Lindaman 4 RBI's in that one also. Finucane with 7 strikeouts, 2 hits allowed and 2 walks. Fiser with 3 strikeouts, 4 hits allowed and 1 walk.

Had a chance to watch both games (first time this season other than the N.C. State games at the ACC/Challenge). Really nice combination of youth and experience. The biggest thing to me is the depth. Wow are they deep, probably the deepest team they've had in I don't know how long. Both offensively and in the circle, they can come at you in a number of ways which makes them a really tough matchup. There's power and speed throughout the lineup to go along with five quality pitchers available at any given time. It's going to be a fun conference season for this team.

That's a good spot to be in. They need to take care of business in the conference regular season and things should take care of themselves. They set themselves up nicely to get to host in the post-season.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

How awesome would it be for them to get to host a Super Regional! Never would've imagined it. Hopefully they can roll through the B1G.

Nice to see that Gopher softball is finally going to be available on TV consistently...at least with a subscription to BTN Plus and a streaming device. I've gotten tired of only watching the Pac12 and SEC. Now on to watching the Gophies pound Nebraska (12-0 in the 4th as I type this).

Nice to see that Gopher softball is finally going to be available on TV consistently...at least with a subscription to BTN Plus and a streaming device. I've gotten tired of only watching the Pac12 and SEC. Now on to watching the Gophies pound Nebraska (12-0 in the 4th as I type this).

Watched the game today as well. The ladies put quite a beat-down on the Huskers with a 16-0 final, who appear to be having a rebuilding year. Still, it was a another really impressive performance. Parlich with a bomb and Sara G only had to pitch three innings. Fiser also looked pretty good in relief. Nebraska helped a bit with the four errors, but the entire lineup looked pretty darn good. I'm guessing Finucane will pitch tomorrow.

Shoot, subscribed to BTN Plus today, but having internet issues. Hopefully one can watch a replay.....
Wow, they put a hurting on the Huskers!

The ladies managed to overcome themselves in a 5-4 win this afternoon. Didn't play real well during any part of the game, but came through with three runs in the seventh to pull it out. Had a hard time with Nebraska's McClure at the plate and committed four fielding errors (can't remember the last time that happened). But Brandt was stellar in relief of Finucane, and Lindaman and Partain came through in the clutch (really happy to have all three of them for four years! :)). Hopefully they'll play a little crisper in game three tomorrow.

Nice to get the W in a game where they didn't play like they can.

Nice to get the W in a game where they didn't play like they can.

Agreed. That's the sign of a good team. Expecting a much sharper performance tomorrow.

Brandt must throw a pretty good drop ball. Always getting ground outs and doesn't walk batters. Out of her 15 outs today, 13 were ground outs and she had one strikeout and no walks. And she hasn't pitched (I think) since that game against Washington in relief of Finucane. Makes it more impressive. For the year only 3 walks in 28 innings. Plus she can play another spot besides being in the circle. Good player.

Brandt must throw a pretty good drop ball. Always getting ground outs and doesn't walk batters. Out of her 15 outs today, 13 were ground outs and she had one strikeout and no walks. And she hasn't pitched (I think) since that game against Washington in relief of Finucane. Makes it more impressive. For the year only 3 walks in 28 innings. Plus she can play another spot besides being in the circle. Good player.
Both of my daughters played with Brandt in club ball. A great kid and a great family.

There's little doubt about her versatility in the field. Could definitely make the argument she was the team's best player today. Came in and held down the fort until the seventh inning. Not overpowering by any means, but allows her team to make plays behind her and is very composed even in tough spots. Was happy to see her get the win today because she certainly deserved it.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

There's little doubt about her versatility in the field. Could definitely make the argument she was the team's best player today. Came in and held down the fort until the seventh inning. Not overpowering by any means, but allows her team to make plays behind her and is very composed even in tough spots. Was happy to see her get the win today because she certainly deserved it.

I remember saying at the end of last year that we needed serious pitching help if we were going to make a run. SG is a hell of a player, but she can't pitch every game. Very happy to see the team addressed that need and have some really good options heading into next year.

Ladies complete the sweep today. Nice start to the season... 8-1 the final.

As expected, the ladies played a much cleaner game today in gaining the sweep 8-1. Lindaman hit her eighth homer of the year and Sara G was her usual dominant self in the circle. Nice to see Allie Arneson get in some good cuts this weekend as well. Now 28-2 overall and 3-0 in the Big 10 with a weekend set at Illinois up next. :clap:

As expected, the ladies played a much cleaner game today in gaining the sweep 8-1. Lindaman hit her eighth homer of the year and Sara G was her usual dominant self in the circle. Nice to see Allie Arneson get in some good cuts this weekend as well. Now 28-2 overall and 3-0 in the Big 10 with a weekend set at Illinois up next. :clap:

Lindaman, wow! Arneson with a huge hit yesterday in that comeback. Honestly, was thinking Allister would/should pinch hit for her, but turned out I was so wrong.

Lindaman, wow! Arneson with a huge hit yesterday in that comeback. Honestly, was thinking Allister would/should pinch hit for her, but turned out I was so wrong.

Both Sara G and Arneson struggled a little bit at the plate early on, but both seem to be finding their groove. Figured Sara would start hitting at some point since she's simply too good of a hitter stay under .200 all year. Wasn't worried about Arneson either because she hit in the .270 range for Virginia last year, so I thought she would start hitting as well. She also draws a lot of walks, which is always a welcome sight. To top it off, Arneson's really good defensively and has an absolute cannon for an arm at short.

I bought season tickets a couple of days ago. $50 for a season ticket. Now I like a good deal when I can get one, but don't you think they should be paying a little more for a season ticket to a sport that has a lot of interest.

I bought season tickets a couple of days ago. $50 for a season ticket. Now I like a good deal when I can get one, but don't you think they should be paying a little more for a season ticket to a sport that has a lot of interest.
I thought it was too cheap as well.

Just got done watching the ladies administer a beat-down to a pretty good Illinois team 12-0. Lindaman had a HUGE game. Actually, she had a HUGE fifth inning. Hit two bombs in the frame, the second of which was a grand slam and had six RBIs in that inning alone. Partain also hit her second homer of the year and Sara G gave up just one hit in the circle. Now 29-2 overall and 4-0 in the Big 10. Also, have outscored conference foes 41-5 in those four games. Pretty darn impressive! :clap:

That's a pretty good Illinois team too. Will be interesting to see how the non-SG pitching goes tomorrow. Game 2's will be interesting all conference season. But I'm all for it, because we need a second and third option at pitcher. Congrats to the ladies on another huge win.

Just got done watching the ladies administer a beat-down to a pretty good Illinois team 12-0. Lindaman had a HUGE game. Actually, she had a HUGE fifth inning. Hit two bombs in the frame, the second of which was a grand slam and had six RBIs in that inning alone. Partain also hit her second homer of the year and Sara G gave up just one hit in the circle. Now 29-2 overall and 4-0 in the Big 10. Also, have outscored conference foes 41-5 in those four games. Pretty darn impressive! :clap:

I'm not exactly sure why I can reply to people and the system marks it as before they posted, but it seems to happen.

I'm not exactly sure why I can reply to people and the system marks it as before they posted, but it seems to happen.

Noticed that too. Weird.

Anyway, game two's are definitely going to be a big key in the conference season. Assuming Finucane gets the nod tomorrow with either Fiser or Brandt coming out of the pen if necessary. The more depth in the circle the better. Definitely the deepest staff Allister has had in her tenure. Should also help keep Sara G fresh as the season goes on.

Looks like you've discovered a time machine. I wish I had one. I'd do something like go back and tell Brett Favre not to throw that last pass against New Orleans in 2009-2010.

Top Bottom