Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Quote Originally Posted by MRJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fan of Ray Williams View Post
    Brandt must throw a pretty good drop ball. Always getting ground outs and doesn't walk batters. Out of her 15 outs today, 13 were ground outs and she had one strikeout and no walks. And she hasn't pitched (I think) since that game against Washington in relief of Finucane. Makes it more impressive. For the year only 3 walks in 28 innings. Plus she can play another spot besides being in the circle. Good player.
    There's little doubt about her versatility in the field. Could definitely make the argument she was the team's best player today. Came in and held down the fort until the seventh inning. Not overpowering by any means, but allows her team to make plays behind her and is very composed even in tough spots. Was happy to see her get the win today because she certainly deserved it.
    I remember saying at the end of last year that we needed serious pitching help if we were going to make a run. SG is a hell of a player, but she can't pitch every game. Very happy to see the team addressed that need and have some really good options heading into next year.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

Ladies complete the sweep today. Nice start to the season... 8-1 the final.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

As expected, the ladies played a much cleaner game today in gaining the sweep 8-1. Lindaman hit her eighth homer of the year and Sara G was her usual dominant self in the circle. Nice to see Allie Arneson get in some good cuts this weekend as well. Now 28-2 overall and 3-0 in the Big 10 with a weekend set at Illinois up next.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MRJ View Post
    As expected, the ladies played a much cleaner game today in gaining the sweep 8-1. Lindaman hit her eighth homer of the year and Sara G was her usual dominant self in the circle. Nice to see Allie Arneson get in some good cuts this weekend as well. Now 28-2 overall and 3-0 in the Big 10 with a weekend set at Illinois up next.
    Lindaman, wow! Arneson with a huge hit yesterday in that comeback. Honestly, was thinking Allister would/should pinch hit for her, but turned out I was so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by fan of Ray Williams View Post
    Lindaman, wow! Arneson with a huge hit yesterday in that comeback. Honestly, was thinking Allister would/should pinch hit for her, but turned out I was so wrong.
    Both Sara G and Arneson struggled a little bit at the plate early on, but both seem to be finding their groove. Figured Sara would start hitting at some point since she's simply too good of a hitter stay under .200 all year. Wasn't worried about Arneson either because she hit in the .270 range for Virginia last year, so I thought she would start hitting as well. She also draws a lot of walks, which is always a welcome sight. To top it off, Arneson's really good defensively and has an absolute cannon for an arm at short.