Gopher Softball 2017

What's amazing about this team and their run this year is that they can win any which way. They can out slug other teams, out pitch them, out small ball them as well. 3rd in the nation in batting average and must be near the very top in walks and runs. Get ready for a long run in the playoffs. College World Series, here we come.

What's amazing about this team and their run this year is that they can win any which way. They can out slug other teams, out pitch them, out small ball them as well. 3rd in the nation in batting average and must be near the very top in walks and runs. Get ready for a long run in the playoffs. College World Series, here we come.

All-Tournament Team

Rebecca Zeigler, Penn State
Kaitlyn Menz, Wisconsin
Stephanie Abello, Illinois
Alyssa Gunther, Illinois
Lea Foerster, Michigan State
Kaitlyn Eveland, Michigan State
Emily Clark, Ohio State
Shelby Hursh, Ohio state
Lilli Piper, Ohio State
Sydney Dwyer, Minnesota
Kendyl Lindaman, Minnesota
MOP - Sara Groenewegen, Minnesota

Automatic Qualifiers-32 spots

American Athletic-Tulsa
ACC-Florida State
America East-Albany leads Maine 4-1
Atlantic 10-UMass
Atlantic Sun-USC Upstate
Big 12-Oklahoma
Big East-DePaul
Big Sky-Montana
Big South-Longwood
Big Ten-Minnesota
Big West-Cal State Fullerton (league champs)
Conference USA-Louisiana Tech
Colonial Athletic-James Madison
Horizon League-UIC
Ivy League-Princeton
Mid American-Kent State
MEAC-Florida A&M
Mountain West-San Jose State (league champs)
Metro Atlantic-Fairfield
Missouri Valley-Southern Illinois
Northeast-St Francis
Ohio Valley-Jacksonville State
Pac-12-Arizona (league champs)
Patriot League-Lehigh
SEC-Mississippi
SWAC-Texas Southern
Southern-East Tennessee State
Southland-McNeese
Summit-North Dakota State
Sun Belt-Louisiana Lafayette
Western Athletic-New Mexico State
West Coast-BYU (league champs)

Whew, think the SEC might get 13 teams into the tourney.
Florida, Auburn, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, Kentucky, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Georgia, Arkansas, Mississippi State and Missouri.

Whew, think the SEC might get 13 teams into the tourney.
Florida, Auburn, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, Kentucky, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Georgia, Arkansas, Mississippi State and Missouri.
They are really good down there...

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

What a ****ing joke. **** the NCAA and this freaking committee of theirs.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

F the NCAA

Get that big chip on your shoulders, ladies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They put them with the #1 seed? Why? Couldn't they play a lower seed like #13-#16?

So what should have been the national championship is gonna be a super regional

I hope they take this slight and just give a giant FU to the rest of the tournament. Run the ****ing table.

It's a freaking joke. This is the NCAA giving the middle finger to Minnesota and the Big 10. I must apologize for my harsh language earlier, but this is straight up softball politics b.s. by the NCAA. Screw everyone on that committee.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

So I guess those Top 10 releases were absolute bs.

It's sure gonna look great in coaches' poll when either Minnesota jumps FL for #1 or all the sudden they drop them like 8 spots

Here's the "eye test"

W25 longest in nation
Best record in nation
#3 in team batting average
#2 in ERA

Sorry that being in the north isn't advantageous to bringing in whoever you want for 3 months of home games, considering all the time you have for home games need to be in conference. Helps recruiting so much too.

Any idea who makes up the committee? They can talk all they want about no top 10 wins or whatever being the reason the Gophers shouldn't host but they're absolutely wrong. All it would take would be watch a couple games and you can see this is a team that should've been seeded top 8. Gonna be a tough environment to have to play in at Alabama but no doubt the Gophers are the better team.

LA Tech 51, Albany 149 from regional. LA 46 off 64 def. O/U 13.5 margin of victory for first game vs LA?

Guess now the focus needs to shift from going to OKC to going to UF for the supers, need as big of a fan section as possible there.

Top Bottom