Gopher Softball 2017

The fan experience pass for Hockey was on top of the regular ticket cost (so if you bought it, you did have tickets to the game as well). It was a blocked off area with some food and alcohol and music for prior to the game. Hockey was in Chicago, so there was plenty else to do, so I didn't bother with the fan experience crap. Not sure if there are others that think it was worth the extra money...

The best answer = go wherever the alcohol is.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No Arneson in the lineup tonight...interesting.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No Arneson in the lineup tonight...interesting.
I wonder if she has a minor injury or something.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

My first thought is something involving grades. It's that time of year with finals coming up soon...

I wonder if she has a minor injury or something.

That was my thought as well. Thought I saw her playing catch in-between innings, so I'm not sure.

Looks like Arneson back in the lineup at SS and batting 9th. (Least from the lineup I see.) Fiser in the circle.

Tweet says 30 minute delay.

Yikes does Rutgers have the worst softball field in the conference? Right up there with their volleyball gym.

Yikes does Rutgers have the worst softball field in the conference? Right up there with their volleyball gym.

Yeah, that is a rough looking field.

Gophers all over Penn State in the 1st inning.

14-1 is the final.

Yeah, that is a rough looking field.

Gophers all over Penn State in the 1st inning.

14-1 is the final.

Congrats to the softball team on an extremely impressive season (so far) and a B1G title! Top-to-bottom, they have excellent players, fundamentally sound, mixture of youth and experience. They don't have to rely on just one pitcher, and some of the best hitters are freshmen.

We'll see just how far they can go in the Tournament, but they certainly have a real chance to go all the way.

The second Top 10 by the selection committee just came out. The Gophers are #7.

1. Florida
2. Florida State
3. Arizona
4. Washington
5. Auburn
6. Oregon
7. Minnesota
8. Tennessee
9. Texas A&M
10. UCLA

Very few, if any, real weaknesses with this team. The color commentator today noted one possible weakness might be short-game defense, but even that assessment came with the caveat of not being much of a weakness. Simply put, this is the most complete team in program history. Just how far they go remains to be seen, but they certainly have the potential to make a very very deep postseason run.

All that aside, a very very hearty congrats to the ladies on a fantastic season and the Big 10 title!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Figured they'd be pretty good when all this started back in Feb-March, but never expected 50-3 at this point in the season. Just incredible and am now looking forward to what the postseason may bring!
They need to play tough and make it to OKC this year. They have the team to do it.

Congrats to the softball team on an extremely impressive season (so far) and a B1G title! Top-to-bottom, they have excellent players, fundamentally sound, mixture of youth and experience. They don't have to rely on just one pitcher, and some of the best hitters are freshmen.

We'll see just how far they can go in the Tournament, but they certainly have a real chance to go all the way.

Very few, if any, real weaknesses with this team. The color commentator today noted one possible weakness might be short-game defense, but even that assessment came with the caveat of not being much of a weakness. Simply put, this is the most complete team in program history. Just how far they go remains to be seen, but they certainly have the potential to make a very very deep postseason run.

All that aside, a very very hearty congrats to the ladies on a fantastic season and the Big 10 title!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Figured they'd be pretty good when all this started back in Feb-March, but never expected 50-3 at this point in the season. Just incredible and am now looking forward to what the postseason may bring!

Definitely legit contenders for WCWS. Better host super, Auburn is on ESPN #10 in polls but #4 rpi and 43-8. Our SOS is obviously pretty bad, but Auburn has 32 home games and we had 16, so record alone should be good enough to stay top 8. Offense all-around is good enough to compete, the power weaknesses in lineup still have high enough average, now that Houlihan is behind Lindaman instead of Makenna they'll have to pitch straight through

We still should be even better in the next 2 years. Apparently, Fiser should still be #2 next year as our CA pitcher is gonna be pretty good. Our runs scored average should go up more than runs allowed given that we can replace Macken just fine. Only question will be is if any of our pitchers are able to hit, or if they're always gonna be flex. At least the latter allows more players to get in or Linda to not catch every game

Looking forward to the Big Ten Tourney. Always love big pitching match ups. Groenewegen vs Betsa has the makings of another great one. Hopefully they lock up again. Also, Sara hit the ball hard a couple of times today which was good to see. Sounds simplistic, but Allister's teams always seem to enjoy playing the game.

Lindaman #5 in SLG, next underclassman is #12
Was 3 way freshmen tie at 18 for HR but hasn't updated to add her 19th, dunno if the other 2 hit 19 as well
Lindaman #2 in OBP, first So 13 and first Fr 38, one below Maddie
Parlich 13 hardest to strike out
Lindaman 10rbi more than next freshman
Fiser #2 for ERA among freshmen

Bama tying run up in B7, Auburn loss would help since they are too high on RPI

#5 Oregon swept a double header today against #2 Florida St, who beat #1 Florida earlier this week.

#5 Oregon swept a double header today against #2 Florida St, who beat #1 Florida earlier this week.
Thanks for posting.

Really beat them badly in that first game and then came back and beat Jessica Burroughs, the Seminole ace in the second game.
The Florida State/Florida game went 10 innings with the Gators Kelly Barnhill going all the way and taking the loss. 21 strikeouts for Barnhill. Must have been a heck of a game. Florida State sure isn't frightened to bulk up the schedule at the end of the year. They are 6 in RPI. It will be interesting to see what happens Tuesday when the new one comes out.

1 lf 7 Sam Macken L 0-0 .337
2 3b 28 Danielle Parlich L 0-0 .330
3 c 23 Kendyl Lindaman R 0-0 .430
4 rf 20 Maddie Houlihan L 0-0 .407
5 2b 3 MaKenna Partain L 0-0 .392
6 1b 32 Sydney Dwyer R 0-0 .395
7 p 17 Sara G R 0-0 .252
8 cf 2 Dani Wagner R 0-0 .328
9 ss 16 Allie Arneson R 0-0 .299
10 dp 33 Ellie Cowger L 0-0 .000

For today's game.

Wagner hit another. Gophers up 4-1, top of the 4th. Groenewegen surrendered a lead off home run on a full count. Only hit thus far for Penn State.
That's it. 10-1. Finucane threw a hitless 4th and 5th. Glad to see her get some action.

Looks like Illinois is going to get the 4 seed in the conference tournament so a potential semifinal match-up for the Gophers. Illini have lost 7 of 9 (including a loss to Eastern Illinois) though and may not be a threat like earlier in the year.

Oregon finished the sweep tonight over FSU. Can't see FSU staying at #2 with a 3 loss week, even if it was up in Eugene. I'd guess we move up to #2 with quite a few #1 votes...

Final Standings

Minnesota 22-1
Michigan 20-3
Ohio State 15-8
Illinois 14-8
Nebraska 13-9
Wisconsin 11-11
MSU 10-12
NW 10-13
Ind 9-13
Iowa 9-14
Purdue 8-14
Penn State 8-15
Rutgers 5-18 out
Maryland 4-19 out

Thursday
(5)Nebraska vs (12)Penn State
(8)NW vs (9)Ind
(6)Wis vs (11)Purdue
(7)MSU vs (10)Iowa

Friday
(4)Illinois vs 5/12 winner
(1)Minnesota vs 8/9 winner
(3)Ohio State vs 6/11 winner
(2)Michigan vs 7/10

Saturday
Semis & Championship

Kendyl Lindaman's topline stats of of 5/7:

.432/.592/.932

For you who don't want to add, that is an OPS of 1.522.

So clearly the conference isn't that solid, but Gophers winning regular season and tourney with 54-3 record seems like it'd look awfully bad to leave out of top 8 seeding to host a super.

So clearly the conference isn't that solid, but Gophers winning regular season and tourney with 54-3 record seems like it'd look awfully bad to leave out of top 8 seeding to host a super.

Won't happen. They will get rewarded for their season as they should be.

Saw that moved up a spot in the committee's rankings over the weekend. If they keep on winning, I would have to believe they will host a Super Regional regardless of where their overall RPI stands.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom