Gopher Softball 2017

No offense again. Not sure what happened to the girls, but the size of the moment got the better of them. Doesn't look good.

Allie gets forgiven for the relay on the quick throw on groundout, could have saved more than a run on the inning

No offense again. Not sure what happened to the girls, but the size of the moment got the better of them. Doesn't look good.

Could be. But it also could be that they're so used to taking lots of pitches that it's getting them into trouble. They drew A TON of walks this year. Can't just sit around and wait for them to throw balls at this level. Gotta swing the bat when the pitch is there to be hit.

Part of the problem is that Alabama has two very good pitchers. Alabama would be a far higher seed given better hitting. If their pitching can stifle the Gopher bats (and since the NCAA allows them to play at home) then it evens up the matchup to, essentially, a tossup.

Arneson has a cannon attached to her shoulder.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Could be. But it also could be that they're so used to taking lots of pitches that it's getting them into trouble. They drew A TON of walks this year. Can't just sit around and wait for them to throw balls at this level. Gotta swing the bat when the pitch is there to be hit.

Even when they make contact they're not hitting the ball hard. Perplexing, because this pitcher
Is nothing special. .

Even when they make contact they're not hitting the ball hard. Perplexing, because this pitcher
Is nothing special. .

Yep, we need to stop watching pitches. Wouldn't be surprised if they bring back Osorio for the last couple innings.

Kendyl is not very good on steals. Wonder if we move her to 1B before her 4 years are over?

Gophers just look totally outmatched and I can't figure out why as many posters have said the Alabama pitchers are good but not THAT good!

Gophers just look totally outmatched and I can't figure out why as many posters have said the Alabama pitchers are good but not THAT good!

I think it's stress. They're scared of the moment.

Partain looking at two meatball strikes down the middle of the plate and swinging at a high pitch for the out. Getting contagious. Ugh.

Starting to run out of outs, which is why not taking advantage of chances like last inning are killers. The lineup just isn't getting it done and if they lose this, it'll be because of a lack of execution one-through-nine.

We've hit a lot of home runs as a team this year, but I get the feeling Groenewegen's the only player capable of hitting one right now and she hasn't hit one for months.

So with the exception of Allie double to the gap, the only way we're going to be scoring runners from first are home runs. And we've had very little contact even close to a home run this weekend

We've hit a lot of home runs as a team this year, but I get the feeling Groenewegen's the only player capable of hitting one right now and she hasn't hit one for months.

You can't hit a home run when you've a sitting on a milking stool batting stance.

Interesting to note. The Teams to advance so far to the Super Region are filled with SEC teams.
Just taking note....

Tulsa pitcher literally cannot throw overhand. First and third play where OK tried to take second before ball reached circle and she spiked it halfway to second, luckily they got runner out at home. Now R2 one out and liner back to her, R2 caught halfway between bases, so she goes windup and throws underhand to second for the out

Feel bad for Sara, she's giving it her all and her teammates simply aren't getting it done at the plate.

First strike right on the middle inside- swing the damn bat

Has been very painful to watch. Team must be extremely tight as to nerves at this point.

Top Bottom