Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Results 1,066 to 1,078 of 1078

Quote Originally Posted by rowdaboat View Post
    Heard that she's likely going to be #1 over Fiser, which would be impressive since Fiser's pretty solid. Wonder if we transition more to relievers next year. If Lowary is a mid 60s low 70s lefty she could be a late inning reliever. Carlie a bit slower than Amber so bringing in either after the other would be a good combination. Then TBD if Bailey should be the starter
    Seems there will be plenty of options. Regardless of how well the team pitches next year, it's going to be strange not seeing Sara G in the circle.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

The extra inning games and weather delays over the weekend reminded me of my favorite softball memory. My daughter's team had qualified for NAFA nationals, which were being hosted at Miller Park in Eden Prairie. A nice facility, but they have a fairly rigid lights-off ordinance because of the number of residences near it. On the final day of the tournament, there were storms in the morning, so the entire slate was delayed. They did what they could to rush the games along, but it was looking bleak for being able to finish up by the 10 pm curfew. Well, my daughter's team went on a holy rampage and ended up in the finals. The tournament's organizers got a couple extensions from the mayor, but he wouldn't go past 11 pm, and his people were going to turn the switch right at that moment no matter what.

We did get the final game in, and we were just finishing up awards when the lights went out. There was nothing, not even parking lot lights. It was pitch black, and we were walking back to our cars by flashlight if you had one. That's when one of the moms came up with the line of all time: "Everyone grab a Mounds View player, and we'll sort it out in the morning!" Good times.
    Last edited by Bad Gopher; 05-22-2017 at 11:08 AM.

3. Default

Lindaman is one of three finalists for NFCA Freshman of the Year. Great job Linda!

4. Default

Alabama up 3-0 T5

Quote Originally Posted by rowdaboat View Post
    Alabama up 3-0 T5
    Barnhill caught a case of the yips...

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

6. Default

SEC teams dropping left and right. Auburn just eliminated. LSU, & Kentuky both Down 1 game to none. Tenn up 1 game on A&M and the winner on Florida , Alabama will get in.

Quote Originally Posted by dlw4gophers View Post
    SEC teams dropping left and right. Auburn just eliminated. LSU, & Kentuky both Down 1 game to none. Tenn up 1 game on A&M and the winner on Florida , Alabama will get in.
    I feel really bad for them. They were all really unfairly treated as far as seeding. The SEC should have had the top 10 seeds for sure. They are all that much better than anyone else.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dlw4gophers View Post
    I liked the Ole Miss pitcher, but they also were undeserving of a regional

9. Default

Oregon finishes off Kentucky, UCLA takes out
    Ole Miss. So sad

10. Default

Minnesota State won the DII title with a pair of 5-1 wins to sweep the championship series vs #1 Angelo State. The Mavericks first national title!

11. Default

Seems like every judgement call goes in favor of the SEC. Maybe I am a little biased.

Quote Originally Posted by KillmeNow View Post
    Not sure if I've posted this publicly, but I will never EVER forgive the NCAA for their dissing of the Gopher Softball team this last spring. I hope the P5 conferences join together and basically put the NCAA out of business and make all of those losers jobless, and then I hope NO ONE anywhere in the country is willing to hire any of those people to do anything but shovel sh1t, or clean sewers, or pick up dead animals off the roads, or something horrible, maybe become hookers or something? I'd probably be ok if they all contracted some sort of painful, but not life threatening disease.

Just had to get that off my chest. Since I wasn't around last spring.
    KillmeNow, I completely agree with you except my animus is lasered directly at the committee members rather than the NCAA generally.

With an RPI of 11 and being ranked #7 in the committee’s own rankings and only having 3 losses on the season there was no way to be prepared for being unseeded by those louts. And then the committee interprets the loss at Alabama as confirmation, which only adds more insult to injury and previous insult. I don’t think it was realistic to expect those kids to get over being made a public spectacle of that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski U Mah Gopher View Post
    Here's something about another Iowan coming here. The fences at Cowles won't be safe from her.

It ended up that the football building wasn't safe!!!!
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher