Gopher Softball 2017

This ump is trying to give Alabama the game and he just did so....eff the NCAA...this is riduculous..

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I can't believe that Alabama got a free base when the ball didn't even come close to hitting the batter.

BS! That was a strike! Well looks like they will make sure we lose.

Two entirely different strike zones for the pitchers. A real big black eye for the sport today.

Screw this...that home plate umpire decided it was time for Alabama to win...coward.

THat guy was a horse**** ump the entire day. He lets them walk off without having to swing. That should never be allowed. What a dick.

Got totally f'd by that ump. A mystery hit by pitch. Then a few obvious strikes called balls by the ump. Alabama fans must have got to him.

THat guy was a horse**** ump the entire day. He lets them walk off without having to swing. That should never be allowed. What a dick.
Couldn't agree more...what a pathetic joke.

The ****ing UMP GAVE ALABAMA THE GAME. Look earlier in the thread, regarding all of the very iffy calls he gave the ALABAMA pitcher all game long. Dwyer even got hit by pitch in the 2nd inning, and he sent her back to the plate (and gave her a strike out). To top off all of that bull****, he then called the Alabama hitter as hit by pitch to load the bases when it wasn't even close, and then in the final AB, called two clear strikes balls against the final batter to GIVE Alabama the game.

No. Whoever "they" is is out to get the Gophers, and this is in womens' softball. I mean come on. How many ways can one team get screwed?

Two tough calls on the last hitter. The HBP was the correct call as the jersey rippled on the replay.

Guarantee that would have been a strike for Osorio...this sport is corrupt as all hell.

Ball 3 was right over the plate. Ball 4 has been called a strike all game long. Ump was getting tired I guess.

Wow. The ump had a big strike zone all day and then shrinks it to almost nothing on the last hitter. Terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I expected in "Rednecks " Country. You could see all the deplorables in the stands.That being said, a lot of it fall on the girls. Took way too many pitches that were hitable.

Guarantee that would have been a strike for Osorio...this sport is corrupt as all hell.

That ump was calling pitches off of both corners strikes all day. That ball caught more of the plate than many of them. I thought it might have been low, but the replay showed it was well above the knee.

Gutless umpiring, most of the game. 1B ump was brutal on that called "swing" earlier, and the HP guy just gagged at the end. Awful way to lose.

That said, the Gophers had their chances and no one came through in the clutch. Way too passive in the 2nd half of the game. Some terrible called 3rd strikes we let go by, very hittable pitches.

Announcing crew were amateurish & misinformed much of the way, I thought. Bias toward the SEC darling, as well. Sickening. We would beat that team 7 of 10 times on a neutral field.

What I expected in "Rednecks " Country. You could see all the deplorables in the stands.That being said, a lot of it fall on the girls. Took way too many pitches that were hitable.

Hey, pal--keep the politics out of this, OK? What are you thinking, man?

That ump was calling pitches off of both corners strikes all day. That ball caught more of the plate than many of them. I thought it might have been low, but the replay showed it was well above the knee.

What about "ball 3"? Where was that? It wasn't just that last pitch. The strike zone was relatively large all day - and was HUGE for the Alabama pitcher from start to finish. Then he decided Alabama and the precious SEC was too close to losing, so made sure Alabama won.

We still did have plenty of chances we blew- far too many KL, no clutch hits, Maddie not taking the HBP, and just being too passive at plate. Amber definitely pitches tonight then gotta figure out how to be aggressive to get to the if necessary

I only watched from the fifth inning on, but bama was getting the wide strikes on both sides of the plate. The ump was terrible.

It's tough when you have to beat the NCAA and the umps as well as the other team :mad:

But I still think we took too many strikes, especially early in the game. We adjusted to that pitcher somewhat but we did not get the job done. We put that umpire in position to screw us over.

More power to our kids.....let's kick butt later today and I'd love to see us take care of Alabama (umps or not) two times tomorrow! Kick their fri**ing bu**s :cool:

Great performance Sara Groenewegen!!

I don't think even ruppert would argue that he is a 99% moron, but I do agree with him that we took too many pitches today.

Top Bottom