All Things NCAA Tournament Talk, Predictions

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
The action gets started at 11 a.m. Friday with two games, including the B1G's Nebraska vs. Oklahoma State on ESPNU. Ohio State plays Wright State at 1 p.m., before the Gophers return to NCAA play for the first time since 2010 vs. Wake Forest at 3 p.m.

All #s are teams' RPI heading into the NCAA Tournament.

8 Worst RPIs of the At-Large Qualifiers: #39 Boston College, #40 Southeastern Louisiana, #41 South Alabama, #43 Arizona State, #48 Nebraska, #50 GOPHERS, #52 Long Beach State, #55 Washington

Gift Receiving At-Large Teams Who Should Send Selection Committee A Bouquet of Roses: #30 Gonzaga, #32 Oklahoma State, #48 Nebraska

Teams That Aren't Playing, But Should Be: #18 North Carolina, #45 Oregon State, #59 Maryland

Biggest Mismatch of Day 1:#4 Texas A&M over #108 Binghamton

Day 1 Game of the Day: #35 Ohio State vs. #44 Wright State

Shouldn't Be Here Game of the Day: #32 Oklahoma State vs. #48 Nebraska

#1 Seed Most Likely to Get Upset on Day 1: #16 TCU (vs. #64 Oral Roberts)

Other Potential Upsets: #93 Utah over #5 Ole Miss, #51 Connecticut over #20 Georgia Tech, #44 Wright State over #35 Ohio State, #40 Southeastern Louisiana over #23 Rice

Day 1 Gophers Pick: #50 Gophers 6, #25 Wake Forest 5

B1G Team With Easiest Regional: Nebraska

Team Outside the RPI Top 64 With Best Chance to Win A Regional: #93 Utah (Oxford Regional)

#1 Seed Most Likely to Get Bounced Before Super Regionals: Mississippi State

Gophers Finish: After opening with a win over Wake, Gophers drop next two to Texas A&M and Wake

16 For Super Regionals (in bracket order): #1 Florida, #19 Southern Miss, #12 Coastal Carolina, #7 LSU, #14 Texas Tech, #17 Virginia, #43 Arizona State, #4 Texas A&M, #35 Ohio State, #9 Vanderbilt, #8 South Carolina, #6 Clemson, #31 Louisiana Tech, #21 Arizona, #5 Ole Miss, #3 Miami

8 for Omaha: #1 Florida, #7 LSU, #14 Texas Tech, #4 Texas A&M, #9 Vanderbilt, #6 Clemson, #21 Arizona, #3 Miami

The Finals: #3 Miami over #1 Florida

I made the prediction on Gopherhole before the season started that we would make it to the College World Series this year. No matter how unlikely that may seem, I can't turn back now!

It's Go Time -- Friday's Opening Round Slate

There are three games on ESPNU, and two on the SEC Network. Nebraska vs. Oklahoma State at 11 a.m. on ESPNU kicks things off on the TV side of things.

Friday, June 3
#17 Virginia hosts #97 William & Mary, 10
#19 Southern Miss vs. #41 South Alabama, 11
#32 Oklahoma State vs. #48 Nebraska, 11 (ESPNU)
#20 Georgia Tech vs. #51 Connecticut, 12
#26 Duke vs. #33 NC Wilmington, 12
#27 Florida Atlantic vs. #52 Long Beach State, 12
#12 Coastal Carolina vs. #57 Saint Mary’s, 1
#21 Arizona vs. #34 Sam Houston State, 1
#35 Ohio State vs. #44 Wright State, 1
#31 Louisiana Tech vs. #42 Cal State Fullerton, 1:30
#7 LSU hosts #129 Utah Valley, 2
#14 Texas Tech hosts #183 Fairfield, 2
#24 UCSB vs. #55 Washington, 2
#30 Gonzaga vs. #43 Arizona State, 2 (ESPNU)
#28 Bryant vs. #36 East Carolina, 3
#25 Wake Forest vs. #50 Minnesota, 3
#29 Tulane vs. #39 Boston College, 3
#1 Florida hosts #163 Bethune-Cookman, 5 (SECN)
#2 Louisville host #215 Western Michigan, 5
#13 Florida State hosts #158 Alabama State, 5
#3 Miami hosts #148 Stetson, 6
#6 Clemson hosts #103 Western Carolina, 6
#8 South Carolina hosts #111 Rhode Island, 6
#10 NC State hosts #150 Navy, 6
#22 Dallas Baptist vs. #49 New Mexico, 6
#11 Mississippi State hosts #54 Southeast Missouri State, 6:30
#16 TCU hosts #64 Oral Roberts, 6:30 (ESPNU)
#5 Ole Miss hosts #93 Utah, 7
#9 Vanderbilt hosts #79 Xavier, 7
#15 Louisiana vs. #110 Princeton, 7
#23 Rice vs. #40 Southeastern Louisiana, 7
#4 Texas A&M hosts #108 Binghamton, 8 (SECN)

Last 8 In per RPI
#55 Washington (6-5, 20-13, #101)
#52 Long Beach State (8-7, 12-12, #118)
#50 Minnesota (3-4, 13-9, #90)
#48 Nebraska (3-5, 11-12, #77)
#43 Arizona State (8-5, 25-17, #72)
#41 South Alabama (5-4, 15-11, #98)
#40 Southeastern Louisiana (7-8, 18-14, #46)
#39 Boston College (11-11, 13-17, #247)

Automatic Qualifiers Outside the Top 64
#79 Xavier
#93 Utah
#97 William & Mary
#103 Western Carolina
#108 Binghamton
#110 Princeton
#111 Rhode Island
#129 Utah Valley
#148 Stetson
#150 Navy
#158 Alabama State
#163 Bethune-Cookman
#183 Fairfield
#215 Western Michigan

First 3 Out per Selection Committee
#18 North Carolina (14-16, 22-19, #12)
#45 Oregon State (4-3, 19-13, #209)
#63 West Virginia (4-7, 16-11, #190)

Sad news out of Vanderbilt: Freshman Pitcher Drowns

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nebraska down early

Nebraska already down 4-0 to Oklahoma State in 3rd inning. So far 'Huskers doing their best to prove their at-large selection was a bad joke played on teams like North Carolina, Oregon State, and Maryland.

Biggest Mismatch of Day 1:#4 Texas A&M over #108 Binghamton

Someone correctly predict the score on this one on this thread by 7:00 p.m. Central and I will mail you an Aggie baseball souvenir.

Rough start for ACC bubble teams

If Georgia Tech and Duke are early indicators of the ACC's bubble teams, I'm liking the Gophers chances vs. Wake Forest much more than I did a couple hours ago. Tech down 7-1 to UConn, Dukies down 11-1 to UNC-Wilmington.

Not surprisingly, Nebraska lays an egg

Cornhuskers lose 6-0 to Oklahoma State. 'Huskers' first game vs. a NCAA qualifier since playing Long Beach State on March 5. That's right, March 5.

Ohio State now losing after blowing early lead

Bucks down 6-5 to Wright State in the 5th inning. This was my Day 1 Game of the Day selection. So far, so good.

Not a good start for B1G

Ohio State trails 6-5 after 8. If they can hold Wright State in top of 9th, best part of the order coming up for the Bucks.

Nebraska already down 4-0 to Oklahoma State in 3rd inning. So far 'Huskers doing their best to prove their at-large selection was a bad joke played on teams like North Carolina, Oregon State, and Maryland.[/QUOT

Unless we make a comeback, what does it make our selection look like?

Nebraska already down 4-0 to Oklahoma State in 3rd inning. So far 'Huskers doing their best to prove their at-large selection was a bad joke played on teams like North Carolina, Oregon State, and Maryland.[/QUOT

Unless we make a comeback, what does it make our selection look like?

Similar but not as egregious.

Tomorrow a new day. I suspect we'll get another shot at Wake on Sunday. Can get 'em 2nd time around.

Amateur hour by Texas A&M. Punks. Resorting to the intimidation crap. Of course SEC Network sack-licker Ben McDonald defending the Aggies.

Wow, Texas A&M a bunch of di*ks. Hope somebody knocks 'em off. Act like they invented baseball.

Wow, Texas A&M a bunch of di*ks. Hope somebody knocks 'em off. Act like they invented baseball.

Silly. Actually pretty funny stuff. And those pants are awful- disrespecting the game. It's not slow pitch softball.

Aggies honor late Minnesota pitching coach with custom on-deck mat

When the Minnesota baseball team arrived at Olsen Field at Blue Bell Park on Friday for their NCAA tournament opener against Wake Forest, they were met with a special surprise.

Texas A&M staff members placed a new on-deck mat just outside the third base dugout with a large No. 25 filling the middle of the circle -- the number of Minnesota pitching coach Todd Oakes.

"All I could do is sit and look at it because, first of all, I couldn't believe that there was an organization classy enough to do that for us," Minnesota infielder Micah Coffey said.

Oakes died May 26 after his third bout with leukemia. He was in his 18th year coaching for the Golden Gophers.

Full story:
http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/...cle_cc420988-e9c9-5b5e-ac6c-0a01b2ac0456.html

57526607d39a3.image.jpg

Well, you'll certainly get a chance to try if you can manage to take care of business for the next two games.

I'm sure the Gophers would just feel blessed to share the same field with the Aggies, the New York Yankees of college baseball.

I'm sure the Gophers would just feel blessed to share the same field with the Aggies, the New York Yankees of college baseball.

Did your ex-wife run off with an Aggie or something? What's with the hate? What did we ever do to you, besides maybe a 43-21-1 record in baseball?

For those that didn't see it, what are you referring to?

They started pulling the "big time" routine on Binghamton. Basically they couldn't shake Binghamton so they started chirping. Bush league stuff, but fortunately Binghamton wasn't phased by it. Settled into a really good game. Gophers could have their hands full today.

They started pulling the "big time" routine on Binghamton. Basically they couldn't shake Binghamton so they started chirping. Bush league stuff, but fortunately Binghamton wasn't phased by it. Settled into a really good game. Gophers could have their hands full today.
Watching that game I thought both teams were chirping pretty good. Started with Binghamton being thrown out at the plate in the 1st inning and a little bumping between runner and catcher and then some yapping right after. It all kind of blew up in the bottom of the 6th when the A&M player stepped out of the box and it looked like the Binghamton pitcher yelled at him to get the f*** back in the box and the hitter told him to shut the f*** up and the rest of the game it went back and forth with lots of chirping both ways.

There's still two at bats left for Wake tonight, but I'm going to predict A&M wins ;)

Top Bottom