D1 Men's Ultimate Disc National Champs!

Taji34

Reaction score
Now, please reserve what opinions you have about whether Ultimate Disc is a sport or not because that's not what this thread is about. Our Club Ultimate A-Team, Grey Duck, won the D1 Men's Ultimate Disc National Championship down in Raleigh, North Carolina today. It was broadcasting on ESPNU and ESPN3 earlier today. They beat Harvard 15-12 in the final. This is the highest level of College Ultimate there is, since it's not an NCAA sport, and it's the team's first title. I figured they deserved some recognition outside of the small community of players and family.

Now I know this TECHNICALLY isn't Gopher Sports per se, since it's a club team that doesn't bear the name Gophers, but it is a D1 Sport for our University so I figured it fit better here than the off-topic forum. Anyway, Congratulations to the team, and I hope they can repeat next year!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

As someone who plays ultimate (that is what we usually call it) this is awesome! I also know some of the players on the team and I am so proud that they won it all.

I'm a former Ugly Duckling (B-team), and am so proud of Grey Duck for winning a natty for our university! Congratulations!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

As someone who plays ultimate (that is what we usually call it) this is awesome! I also know some of the players on the team and I am so proud that they won it all.
I play ultimate too, I just figured for those who don't play saying Ultimate Disc was clearer.
I'm a former Ugly Duckling (B-team), and am so proud of Grey Duck for winning a natty for our university! Congratulations!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I'm a current Ugly player, and so happy Grey Duck won, especially since some of those player's started on Ugly!

I play ultimate too, I just figured for those who don't play saying Ultimate Disc was clearer.

l

I'm a current Ugly player, and so happy Grey Duck won, especially since some of those player's started on Ugly!

I sound like an a-hole sorry. Anyways we had a alumni of our team who plays on Ugly come play with us on Thursday. That was fun.

Top Bottom