BTN format

Reaction score
You know, the Gophers really get jobbed. We had great softball and baseball seasons this year and the cover was minimal. We keep seeing the same old, same old football classics covering Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska ,etc. Now, in the last several weeks all of a sudden Purdue,Indiana ,and Illinois games keep coming up. Minnesota?, the Quick Lane Bowl has been on a couple of times in the last month. While I enjoy seeing Becky get blasted in the B1G Championship game two years ago, enough is enough. Wtf......

I would venture a guess that the rebroadcast football games get more viewers than live softball and baseball. Just a hunch.

Just let me know when Minnesota-Illinois, 1996 is on.....

You know, the Gophers really get jobbed. We had great softball and baseball seasons this year and the cover was minimal. We keep seeing the same old, same old football classics covering Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska ,etc. Now, in the last several weeks all of a sudden Purdue,Indiana ,and Illinois games keep coming up. Minnesota?, the Quick Lane Bowl has been on a couple of times in the last month. While I enjoy seeing Becky get blasted in the B1G Championship game two years ago, enough is enough. Wtf......
I don't know what games of Purdue and Illinois they are showing but I would guess they have something to do with Drew Brees and the Juice Williams teams. They both ended up in the Rose Bowl. They won big match ups and were top 25 teams. Minnesota needs to win a big game. I think if they can pull off an upset if Iowa or Wisconsin this year it will get replayed a lot.

I don't know what games of Purdue and Illinois they are showing but I would guess they have something to do with Drew Brees and the Juice Williams teams. They both ended up in the Rose Bowl. They won big match ups and were top 25 teams. Minnesota needs to win a big game. I think if they can pull off an upset if Iowa or Wisconsin this year it will get replayed a lot.

Penn State was a big game ( Nystrom kick)
Michigan win at Ann Arbor ( Russell run )
Minnesota win at Ohio State under Mason
Michigan and Nebraska wins under Kill
Sun Bowl victory over the Ducks ( Lloyd's field goal)
Music City Bowl win over Alabama
I could name a dozen more. The replays they're showing of the other teams are not current

They play the games that get the most viewers. Sorry folks, that isn't the Gophers. Quit whining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They play the games that get the most viewers. Sorry folks, that isn't the Gophers. Quit whining.

You really think people are watching those replays of the same games over and over? Man I don't even re-watch the Gopher games more than once or twice; much less any of the others. If they want off-season viewers of the replays, they need to mix up the games they show. The OP was right in more ways than one.

I am personally one of those viewers who is much more apt to watch LIVE baseball, softball, T&F, volleyball, hockey, etc., over continued replays of the same game. I understand just putting on the replay, however, costs next to zero. BTN aims to provide crappy programming to make a profit...and as far as we know that awful programming succeeds due to people like you.

You really think people are watching those replays of the same games over and over? Man I don't even re-watch the Gopher games more than once or twice; much less any of the others. If they want off-season viewers of the replays, they need to mix up the games they show. The OP was right in more ways than one.

I am personally one of those viewers who is much more apt to watch LIVE baseball, softball, T&F, volleyball, hockey, etc., over continued replays of the same game. I understand just putting on the replay, however, costs next to zero. BTN aims to provide crappy programming to make a profit...and as far as we know that awful programming succeeds due to people like you.

So the folks at BTN don't do research to figure out what maximizes their profit? As usual, you are wrong.

Penn State was a big game ( Nystrom kick)
Michigan win at Ann Arbor ( Russell run )
Minnesota win at Ohio State under Mason
Michigan and Nebraska wins under Kill
Sun Bowl victory over the Ducks ( Lloyd's field goal)
Music City Bowl win over Alabama
I could name a dozen more. The replays they're showing of the other teams are not current
But those are games of teams who had some sorta of magical season. Like I mentioned the Brees and Williams teams went to Rose Bowls.
Sorry a bowl win over a 6-6 Mike Shula lead Bama team is really not a big deal either.

Let's face it, we are coming into the worst time of year for college sports. After baseball is over we will have two months of replays leading into the 2016 opening kickoff.
If you want to get your last fix of Gopher sports, come join me in College Station to watch the Gophers play at Blue Bell Field.

So the folks at BTN don't do research to figure out what maximizes their profit? As usual, you are wrong.

Nice reading comprehension, buddy.

You really think people are watching those replays of the same games over and over?
Absolutely. Ever talk to a Nebraska/OSU/Michigan fan? There are many fans in each that have nothing else in their life aside from their college football team.

Nice reading comprehension, buddy.

You mean like comprehending this...

If they want off-season viewers of the replays, they need to mix up the games they show.

I think even you forgot your point. BTN is big business, seems bigger than you can comprehend. If they are playing the same thing over and over then rest assured that's where they believe the most profit is.

Figuring out what is the most profitable is pretty simple and it has zero to do with what you (live baseball) or me (neither) want to watch. All that matters is which advertisers will pay more for. Glad I could help.

Who's going to break it to ruppert that only Michigan had more live softball games on BTN than Minnesota this year?

Who's going to break it to ruppert that only Michigan had more live softball games on BTN than Minnesota this year?
Look you can't let facts get in the way of a classic rant. Or a ruppert rant.

You mean like comprehending this...

I think even you forgot your point. BTN is big business, seems bigger than you can comprehend. If they are playing the same thing over and over then rest assured that's where they believe the most profit is.

Figuring out what is the most profitable is pretty simple and it has zero to do with what you (live baseball) or me (neither) want to watch. All that matters is which advertisers will pay more for. Glad I could help.

I'll simplify it for you, since you clearly don't get it: they have crappy ass programming and it makes them a strong profit due to people like you who don't care that it's crappy ass programming.

Case in point. Being in Arizona for 6 months, I also have the PAC 12 network. They certainly spread it around and have better programming versus the BTN.

Case in point. Being in Arizona for 6 months, I also have the PAC 12 network. They certainly spread it around and have better programming versus the BTN.

PAC 12 network isn't even in the home markets for some of their teams and it hasn't brought in the money for the PAC.

I have inside info the source cannot be revealed but the info is irrefutable.
In the executive meetings of the BIG and the BTN the first items on every meeting agenda are two or three options on how to diminish MN athletics.
Ruppert is correct again.

Oooh. The BTN is going to get a strongly-worded letter. This is just killing time until Ruppie can start bitching that they don't play enough Billy Haley and the Comets at the Bank.

I'll simplify it for you, since you clearly don't get it: they have crappy ass programming and it makes them a strong profit due to people like you who don't care that it's crappy ass programming.

It would simplify things for me more, in the future, if you didn't type things in your post that contradict what you will later claim was the point of your post. Good Talk.

We had great softball and baseball seasons this year and the cover was minimal.

Just about every Gopher BT softball game was broadcast on BTN Plus. About half of the baseball games were as well.

I enjoyed keeping up with both teams throughout the season. Fun to watch them both dominate the Big Ten and win Championships. Well worth the $9.99 per month to get BTN plus for the Gophers.

You can't complain about lack of coverage when there is, in fact, plenty of coverage.

Just about every Gopher BT softball game was broadcast on BTN Plus. About half of the baseball games were as well.

I enjoyed keeping up with both teams throughout the season. Fun to watch them both dominate the Big Ten and win Championships. Well worth the $9.99 per month to get BTN plus for the Gophers.

You can't complain about lack of coverage when there is, in fact, plenty of coverage.
At a price, yes. You should not have to pay a premium price when you have two ranked Gopher teams in softball and baseball that is override on prime time by teams unranked. Period, end of story.

Oooh. The BTN is going to get a strongly-worded letter. This is just killing time until Ruppie can start bitching that they don't play enough Billy Haley and the Comets at the Bank.

Nope, but Willie and the Hand Jive would get the Bank rocking. No letter. Haven't got the time to haggle with the head honchos at the BTN who suckup to the Michigan's and Ohio State's of the college world.

And the pac12 network wishes it was the btn. Don't you have anything else to do besides sit around and find stuff you can be outraged by?

At a price, yes. You should not have to pay a premium price when you have two ranked Gopher teams in softball and baseball that is override on prime time by teams unranked. Period, end of story.

The tv schedule was announced before baseball was ranked. In the last month of the season, two more Gopher games were added to live TV.

The only team in the Big Ten with more softball games on BTN than the Gophers was Michigan.

When it comes to baseball and softball, you don't want it spread around. More for the ranked teams.

I've much appreciated BTN plus and the ability to watch conference volleyball, basketball, softball etc.-both live or on replay. I think volleyball and women's basketball get reasonable coverage on BTN.

It would simplify things for me more, in the future, if you didn't type things in your post that contradict what you will later claim was the point of your post. Good Talk.

Nothing was contradicted. You hear what you want to hear and disregard the rest.

And the pac12 network wishes it was the btn. Don't you have anything else to do besides sit around and find stuff you can be outraged by?

BTN does well due to the size of its fanbases and its marketing ploy therefrom (essentially, blackmailing the cable companies). Their profits are based on existing loyalties, like mine, that send me there when my team plays AND it's on TV (which isn't as often as it should be, IMO). If BTN had to build a fanbase due to quality of programming, it would fail. That said, it puts in minimum effort and succeeds. Good for BTN, but awful for its viewers, fans of the B1G, would-be B1G fans, and casual viewers.

BTN does well due to the size of its fanbases and its marketing ploy therefrom (essentially, blackmailing the cable companies). Their profits are based on existing loyalties, like mine, that send me there when my team plays AND it's on TV (which isn't as often as it should be, IMO). If BTN had to build a fanbase due to quality of programming, it would fail. That said, it puts in minimum effort and succeeds. Good for BTN, but awful for its viewers, fans of the B1G, would-be B1G fans, and casual viewers.

So true. It is much easier for them to rerun football than to experiment with other sports programming. Also, they can use the Plus service to get a real gauge on interest in other sports, oh, and to make more money....

Top Bottom