Shooter: Gophers have raised more than $10 million in the past nine months

per Sid:

• Construction of the new Gophers athletics facilities are on schedule, and if you walk down 15th Avenue SE you can see immense progress on the new football practice facility. The word is that the University of Minnesota has raised money beyond the $80 million available when Beth Goetz was named interim athletic director. Meanwhile, it will take a good selling job by new AD Mark Coyle to keep Goetz on the staff, because she has several offers and most of them are more attractive than the position she held when Norwood Teague was fired last year.

http://www.startribune.com/plenty-t...zimmer-s-third-season-with-vikings/381216101/

Go Gophers!!

So which local hack said that Beth hadn't raise a single penny? Was it Doogie? Where is his correction to the prior statement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sid doesn't know squat about what offers Goetz has, but there's a 99% chance he's right so he just went with it.

And $10mm in a year should be preceded with "only".

I thought they previously said it was 15M, now it's down to 10M.

It's not a lot by major fund-raising standards, but it is something - and something is better than nothing.

Hopefully the staff can just keep the lines of communication open with prospective donors while Coyle gets his feet on the ground.

So which local hack said that Beth hadn't raise a single penny? Was it Doogie? Where is his correction to the prior statement?

Shame on anyone who listens to anything that dude says. No legit reporter would go by the name Doogie or challenge someone to a fight on Twitter. I'm shocked people still pay attention to that joke.

Sid doesn't know squat about what offers Goetz has, but there's a 99% chance he's right so he just went with it.

My guess is Sid does know what sort of offers she has and he's likely right that she won't be staying. She probably will move on to a better gig. Sid, like him or not, is well connected and in this case Goetz probably wants Sid to know what offers she has.

Considering the Norwood fiasco, Kill's sudden retirement, the public sabotaging and undercutting of her, and the train wreck of a basketball season, I'm thinking getting anything deserves a "well done." But then again, you're probably #1 in your chosen field.

Let's keep in mind that he said he didn't know of her raising a penny.... that's to say he demonstrated that he didn't bother doing the thing that is his job.

Or...

Let's keep in mind that he said he didn't know of her raising a penny.... that's to say he demonstrated that he didn't bother doing the thing that is his job.

maybe keep this in mind....nobody else reported anything different for a week and then the first person to announce the "new" numbers was the same reporter. My points are these: he is the only guy working and digging for information and obviously the information was held close to the vest until it was needed for positive publicity at a press conference and it appears it might have been premature results, not actually completed yet, because the numbers are changing downward , so something closer to zero may have had truth on the timeline.

People can criticize Doogie but who digs harder? Joe C provides meat and potatoes info but Doogie pulls the curtain back a little. I appreciate his info. It's often opinion and thoughts that make you consider a different perspective.

maybe keep this in mind....nobody else reported anything different for a week and then the first person to announce the "new" numbers was the same reporter. My points are these: he is the only guy working and digging for information and obviously the information was held close to the vest until it was needed for positive publicity at a press conference and it appears it might have been premature results, not actually completed yet, because the numbers are changing downward , so something closer to zero may have had truth on the timeline.

People can criticize Doogie but who digs harder? Joe C provides meat and potatoes info but Doogie pulls the curtain back a little. I appreciate his info. It's often opinion and thoughts that make you consider a different perspective.

What digging did he do?

I sort of agree with you on Doogie. Maybe sometimes he says things prematurely, but he seems like he works hard to get info other people aren't bothering to look for.

But Joe C lost me after that hack piece he wrote with Amelia.

Agreed

I sort of agree with you on Doogie. Maybe sometimes he says things prematurely, but he seems like he works hard to get info other people aren't bothering to look for.

But Joe C lost me after that hack piece he wrote with Amelia.

And all I'm trying to say is there are not many reporters, I'm aware of, who provide Gopher information. So, not to appreciate Doogie seems short sighted to me, especially because he provides different info than the Star Tribune and Pioneer Press focus on.

To answer the digging question: he talks to a lot of people to gather his perspective or opinion. For example, I learned more from Doogie about Glen Taylor, the TWolves, Thibs, KG, Sam Mitchell etc than anywhere else. Probably, the same for the AD search. And, he doesn't just focus on the Gophers...Joe C for instance does just Gophers. I too, lost a lot respect for Joe with the Pitino overspending BS piece. I'll still appreciate Joe's info he gets from going to practice or games because who else does and writes about it? Amelia, just has no idea on most anything. Her best pieces are to ask interview questions and write the answers. Anything else is going to have lots of holes in it.

For me, Doogie's info has more depth, more sides to it. I believe he researches his opinions or information...he doesn't just make stuff up as some people seem to feel. We all like different things...and that's okay?

And all I'm trying to say is there are not many reporters, I'm aware of, who provide Gopher information. So, not to appreciate Doogie seems short sighted to me, especially because he provides different info than the Star Tribune and Pioneer Press focus on.

To answer the digging question: he talks to a lot of people to gather his perspective or opinion. For example, I learned more from Doogie about Glen Taylor, the TWolves, Thibs, KG, Sam Mitchell etc than anywhere else. Probably, the same for the AD search. And, he doesn't just focus on the Gophers...Joe C for instance does just Gophers. I too, lost a lot respect for Joe with the Pitino overspending BS piece. I'll still appreciate Joe's info he gets from going to practice or games because who else does and writes about it? Amelia, just has no idea on most anything. Her best pieces are to ask interview questions and write the answers. Anything else is going to have lots of holes in it.

For me, Doogie's info has more depth, more sides to it. I believe he researches his opinions or information...he doesn't just make stuff up as some people seem to feel. We all like different things...and that's okay?

60s, while I appreciate your Gopher angle, you are backing the wrong horse here. There is nothing legitimate or to appreciate about Doogie. I post better stuff on GH than he posts via Twitter, blog, etc. He is also responsible for bringing scarf man into the light and should be black-balled for that alone. He is a hack and giving him any credibility is wrong and a waste.

Regarding Doogie - he lost all credibility when, a couple of years ago, he quoted a drunken post by me on this site in one of his "columns." He's no more plugged in than any of the sharps around here or on the 'pay' Gopher sites. That said, just because I don't really respect his 'insider-status' I'm still glad he is around...if we ever start to consistently win, I'm sure he'll be a loyal cheerleader.

Whoopee! In the last 10 months Alabama has had $10 million go missing from petty cash!

I feel like Doogie has definitely provided a lot of insider info regarding both gophers and T-wolves that turned out to be true. I do think he has a nice niche in the TC sports media and appreciate his contributions.

Regarding Doogie - he lost all credibility when, a couple of years ago, he quoted a drunken post by me on this site in one of his "columns." He's no more plugged in than any of the sharps around here or on the 'pay' Gopher sites. That said, just because I don't really respect his 'insider-status' I'm still glad he is around...if we ever start to consistently win, I'm sure he'll be a loyal cheerleader.

Are you saying you weren't drunk?!? If so, I just lost all respect for any of your posts.

60s, while I appreciate your Gopher angle, you are backing the wrong horse here. There is nothing legitimate or to appreciate about Doogie. I post better stuff on GH than he posts via Twitter, blog, etc. He is also responsible for bringing scarf man into the light and should be black-balled for that alone. He is a hack and giving him any credibility is wrong and a waste.

Why don't you apply for a job at the strib then?

Top Bottom