WCCO: Former Gopher Grier Mentoring Current Players

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per WCCO:

In fact, he’s been mentoring some of the current Gophers through, shall we say, a bad stretch.

“The kids, they have to put in the work as well and I think they’re doing it. With me mentoring them on the side with me being here, I’m talking to them and telling them what it means really to wear this maroon and gold,” Grier said.

What he wants them to know is what he found out: That Williams Arena can be special.

“I guarantee you the seats will fill up and when it does it’s going to be the greatest thing that you’ll ever witness. That’s what I told them,” Grier said.

And what he wants to be one day is a players’ coach with a definite philosophy.

“Because I believe if you’re a players’ coach you let your players play, understand and let them learn on the floor, I think you’ll have a successful program,” Grier said.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/...r-finishing-degree-mentoring-current-players/

Go Gophers!!

We definitely need all the help we can get! Hope Grier can have a positive effect.

Many kids from underprivileged upbringing need someone not only to be a mentor to them academically, but they also need a father like figure to hopefully teach them right from wrong.

They can relate to Grier who probably is someone who have walked in their shoes.

Top Bottom