Brandon Lingen Highlights - 2015

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
I expect an even bigger year out of him in 2016. Also, love the song.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lingen is a very "easy to root for" kid. But aren't they all?

Not sure how much heat I'm gonna get for Sayn this .... Lingen imo has as much upside if not more then Max Williams..To my he looks like he run faster and as good a catcher and a better blocker..looks like a more fluid athlete..

Not sure how much heat I'm gonna get for Sayn this .... Lingen imo has as much upside if not more then Max Williams..To my he looks like he run faster and as good a catcher and a better blocker..looks like a more fluid athlete..

Yeah...no. Maybe a better blocker, but as for the rest...no.

I think you have the names switched around

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I don't see what you see. Lingen is a good player and I like him, but Williams was the Kirby Puckett of college tight ends - you never knew what crazy thing he might do at any moment.

I don't think the comparison is as far fetched as others may believe. I think Maxx was more of a natural pass catcher and probably a better jumper. But he ran a 4.78 at the combine, and I think Lingen can run in that range. They are similar size, with Lingen listed as an inch taller. In their second college football season Maxx caught 25 for 417 yds and 5 TDs. Lingen caught 33 for 428 yds and 3 TDS. Very similar production.

I just can't figure out why Kill kept Lingen under wraps for the first half of the season. His stats shot up after Claeys took over. He's not the force in the passing game that Williams was for us, but I think he's a better in-line blocker than Maxx and his pass-catching skills are coming along. And to think a lot of folks here (myself included) were scratching our heads when Lingen was a kind of out-of-the-blue signing prior to his senior year.

I think some of us are forgetting some of the things Maxx did for us. And like 50PoundHead said, Lingen was not that productive under Kill - Maxx was. So although they're production was pretty similar, the comparison is not completely apples to apples. Who knows what Maxx's production might have been with Claeys calling the shots.

He is not nearly as good an athlete as Maxx, particularly in terms of speed. Lingen may be more rounded, but is never going to be a game changing downfield threat like Williams.

Lingen is either the most improved player from the 2014 class since HS by a landslide or was the most under utilized high school TE in the country at Wayzeta. There was absolutely zero reason to believe that Lingen would ever be more than just guy to catch a few passes a year and act as a third OT based on what he showed at Wayzeta and how they used him. His fluidity as a pass catcher and athleticism in the open field really surprised me.

Lingen is either the most improved player from the 2014 class since HS by a landslide or was the most under utilized high school TE in the country at Wayzeta. There was absolutely zero reason to believe that Lingen would ever be more than just guy to catch a few passes a year and act as a third OT based on what he showed at Wayzeta and how they used him. His fluidity as a pass catcher and athleticism in the open field really surprised me.

Didn't he only have a handful of receptions during his High School career? I remember many of us scratching our heads when we signed him.

Didn't he only have a handful of receptions during his High School career? I remember many of us scratching our heads when we signed him.

Yep, Wayzata didn't throw the ball all that much and when they did it was rarely to Lingen. I was surprised when I heard that the Gophers were interested in him and assumed that he'd walk-on and serve as an extra body to be used only on special teams and as extra blocker. Glad the coaches know way more than I do. :cool:

Top Bottom