4 Gophers Wrestlers Under Investigation for Selling Xanax

http://www.startribune.com/j-robinson-s-agent-issues-statement/381344621/

Mr."Wild West" runs for cover.

Robinson, the source said, called a team meeting March 23 in which he told his wrestlers they would be granted amnesty if they wrote one-page confession letters. The source also said Robinson had his wrestlers undergo a drug test.

Monday night’s statement from Robinson’s agent said the 30-year head coach “specifically notified the interim Athletic Department Director as well, and of his desire to have specific wrestlers tested.”

“Coach Robinson was instructed he needed to complete a ‘testing form’ before requesting the testing of student athletes,” the statement said.

The statement said the wrestlers were drug tested “on or about” March 21, and that four days later interim AD Beth Goetz sent a 20-page e-mail with the university’s drug and alcohol policy.

“The University has now been placed on written notice the communications and electronically stored data in its control may not be damaged, altered and/or destroyed and must be available for future dissemination,” the agent’s statement said. “As of this date no specific person or identifiable employee of the University has made a statement of fact that can be corroborated.”

And just when you think that Reusse can't produce much but mean-spirited cynicism, he comes through with something like this: actual writing, real commentary. Well done, Pat
http://www.startribune.com/gophers-wrestling-coach-should-resign-twins-pitching-coach-battles-a-familiar-demon/381122011/
The thing about Reusse is he's capable of writing a great column on a consistent basis, they won't all be as moving as this one, but he doesn't need to write for clicks, he's better than that

http://www.startribune.com/j-robinson-s-agent-issues-statement/381344621/

Mr."Wild West" runs for cover.

Robinson, the source said, called a team meeting March 23 in which he told his wrestlers they would be granted amnesty if they wrote one-page confession letters. The source also said Robinson had his wrestlers undergo a drug test.

Monday night’s statement from Robinson’s agent said the 30-year head coach “specifically notified the interim Athletic Department Director as well, and of his desire to have specific wrestlers tested.”

“Coach Robinson was instructed he needed to complete a ‘testing form’ before requesting the testing of student athletes,” the statement said.

The statement said the wrestlers were drug tested “on or about” March 21, and that four days later interim AD Beth Goetz sent a 20-page e-mail with the university’s drug and alcohol policy.

“The University has now been placed on written notice the communications and electronically stored data in its control may not be damaged, altered and/or destroyed and must be available for future dissemination,” the agent’s statement said. “As of this date no specific person or identifiable employee of the University has made a statement of fact that can be corroborated.”

This morning on WCCO, Mike Max (and I know, take this with a grain of salt) said that more than one of J Robinson"s superiors have known about this for some time. He concluded one of these was Goetz, and seemed to think the others that knew were probably higher on the food chain than her. He thinks that just getting rid of J would not make this go away.

This morning on WCCO, Mike Max (and I know, take this with a grain of salt) said that more than one of J Robinson"s superiors have known about this for some time. He concluded one of these was Goetz, and seemed to think the others that knew were probably higher on the food chain than her. He thinks that just getting rid of J would not make this go away.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Depends how specific J was as well, how much did he disclose. Did he only mention he wanted wrestlers tested for drug use, or did he report that he knew about the pill pushing. Sounded like in the article all he said was he wanted the wrestlers tested

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Depends how specific J was as well, how much did he disclose. Did he only mention he wanted wrestlers tested for drug use, or did he report that he knew about the pill pushing. Sounded like in the article all he said was he wanted the wrestlers tested

I agree with this - to some degree. Beth's job when approached with a request like that would be to ask a lot of questions. If she chose not to ask a lot of questions then she was choosing to bury her head in the sand which I would not consider acceptable. If she did ask lots of questions and J lied or was elusive to prevent disclosing too much then I wouldn't hold as much against her. Regardless, the only way this CF would be worse is if we had hired Beth as AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe having the kids just write term papers wasn't such a good idea? SMH

Well it's a whole different story if the AD was aware the whole time. If the coach wasn't given the correct instructions, this could go all the way to the top. Wonder if this is why Beth didn't get the AD job. Our University is such a mess. It will take Coyle a long time to clean it all up. If what Robison's lawyer says is true, I can see a scenario where Robinson is retained as coach. Otherwise his lawsuit will be a golden parachute.

maybe having the kids just write term papers wasn't such a good idea? SMH

They had to say they were sorry and promise not to do it again as well. J Rob is one tough cookie.

I'm guessing how this should be done is being discussed right now--in the U's legal offices as much as in the AD's office. How a place so concerned with doing things correctly and public image can continue to f**k things up so consistently is beyond me.

Late, late reply to your comment Mulligan. Your comment is so spot on it isn't even funny. The Athletics Department is a complete joke right now and hopefully Coyle can get things straightened out. We are certainly paying him as much to do that.

I agree with this - to some degree. Beth's job when approached with a request like that would be to ask a lot of questions. If she chose not to ask a lot of questions then she was choosing to bury her head in the sand which I would not consider acceptable. If she did ask lots of questions and J lied or was elusive to prevent disclosing too much then I wouldn't hold as much against her. Regardless, the only way this CF would be worse is if we had hired Beth as AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great post Spoof. The bold part is the really scary part of all of this as far as the Athletics Department is concerned.

Oh, just an educated guess I suppose :confused:

View attachment 4224

I've known of him (repeat, known of him, not known him, never met him or interacted with him) for over 20 years since we grew up an hour away from each other in SD. He's always been this big. Unless he was taking steroids when he was a 16-year-old farm kid growing up in Webster, South Dakota, I very much doubt that he's on steroids. He's also a graduate of the University of Minnesota, so I'd be careful calling him a "meathead" as that would also speak pretty poorly of the quality of graduates this university turns out.

Are Gopher sports teams trying to distract everyone from how bad the Twins are?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Maybe I missed it, but has Robinson blamed Title IX for this mess yet?

Apparently. Thanks a lot Gopher baseball.
Anyone have anti-anxiety meds? I think I am being bullied on the internet.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've known of him (repeat, known of him, not known him, never met him or interacted with him) for over 20 years since we grew up an hour away from each other in SD. He's always been this big. Unless he was taking steroids when he was a 16-year-old farm kid growing up in Webster, South Dakota, I very much doubt that he's on steroids. He's also a graduate of the University of Minnesota, so I'd be careful calling him a "meathead" as that would also speak pretty poorly of the quality of graduates this university turns out.

In his early WWE days he got popped by the Feds for having PEDs shipped to his house. He was arrested for it. I think it was to be expected in the WWE and I don't really think there is anything wrong with it. A ton of actors go on cycles for different roles, it wasn't like you can be "cheating" in the WWE.

I would be absolutely shocked if Brock was totally clean. That said, he has never tested positive for any competition. So, I wouldn't say he's a cheater.

In his early WWE days he got popped by the Feds for having PEDs shipped to his house. He was arrested for it. I think it was to be expected in the WWE and I don't really think there is anything wrong with it. A ton of actors go on cycles for different roles, it wasn't like you can be "cheating" in the WWE.

I would be absolutely shocked if Brock was totally clean. That said, he has never tested positive for any competition. So, I wouldn't say he's a cheater.

He just got accused of failing a drug test in his MMA fight.

Top Bottom