Guess the Gophers 2016 Over/Under win total

Interesting the gap in wins between what Vegas predicts and what Coach Clays predicts. I will go with Claeys prediction!

Interesting the gap in wins between what Vegas predicts and what Coach Clays predicts. I will go with Claeys prediction!

As far as the CFB world and Vegas goes the Gophers just aren't a Brewster level team anymore, but not much more than that. Toss in a head coach leaving and a new OC.... I get it.

As far as the CFB world and Vegas goes the Gophers just aren't a Brewster level team anymore, but not much more than that. Toss in a head coach leaving and a new OC.... I get it.
Where did Vegas have it last year? I don't think it's an attack on the program Vegas is just trying to make money. They are good at it too.

Where did Vegas have it last year? I don't think it's an attack on the program Vegas is just trying to make money. They are good at it too.

If I recall correctly, Vegas had us at either 6 or 6.5. Seemed like 90% of GopherHolers thought that was too low. As it turned out, the Gophers were under the number. I don't believe bowl games are considered in the Vegas Line. I hate it when Vegas is right.

If I recall correctly, Vegas had us at either 6 or 6.5. Seemed like 90% of GopherHolers thought that was too low. As it turned out, the Gophers were under the number. I don't believe bowl games are considered in the Vegas Line. I hate it when Vegas is right.
Thanks man. I think it would be narrow sited to just dismiss what Vegas does.

It was 5.5 in 2012, 5.5 in 2013, 6.5 in 2014 and 5.5 in 2015.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

It was 5.5 in 2012, 5.5 in 2013, 6.5 in 2014 and 5.5 in 2015.
So in the last four they were on the nose twice and short 2.5 one season and short 1.5 another. Seems like they are pretty good at getting it right.

Oh I don't think they're attacking the Gophers, I just don't think the Gophers look that strong considering the recent changes and history if you're laying down odds with money on the line.

Oh I don't think they're attacking the Gophers, I just don't think the Gophers look that strong considering the recent changes and history if you're laying down odds with money on the line.

I think gopher homer stated that Vegas doesn't know anything about teams outside the top 20. This i think is untrue. If Vegas is putting a line on a game they have done their homework.

There was another post about Vegas not believing. I don't think Vegas has any personal interest in where the Gophers finish.

Now if these posts are meant to be sarcastic and I missed it is and my sorry.

I think gopher homer stated that Vegas doesn't know anything about teams outside the top 20. This i think is untrue. If Vegas is putting a line on a game they have done their homework.

There was another post about Vegas not believing. I don't think Vegas has any personal interest in where the Gophers finish.

Now if these posts are meant to be sarcastic and I missed it is and my sorry.

I totally agree. If Vegas odds makers didn't know anything outside the top 20 you could go make a killing in Vegas. The folks setting those odds know their ****.

Maybe it is time for the folks who feel differently to go make some money? But in the long run if they try that enough I bet they lose ;)

Everyone here has their expectations and hopes but I'll take a pro putting their money on the line every time, in the long run I bet I win with those guys.

TC is predicting what he thinks will happen.
LV is predicting what they think will split the betting public down the middle.
Not the same thing.

TC is predicting what he thinks will happen.
LV is predicting what they think will split the betting public down the middle.
Not the same thing.

Yeah and TC can't say anything less no matter what he thinks. Folks would go APE.

Tc will not be fired with 7 win season

We'll need to have a poll on this as we get closer to September. Claeys will have two years left on his contract after this season. Realistically, the new AD will either have to extend the contract and make Claeys his coach or take advantage of a low buyout and cut him loose.

I think with eight wins he's back for sure; six and I think he's out. Seven? I have no idea, but nobody can be very certain either way.

We'll need to have a poll on this as we get closer to September. Claeys will have two years left on his contract after this season. Realistically, the new AD will either have to extend the contract and make Claeys his coach or take advantage of a low buyout and cut him loose.

I think with eight wins he's back for sure; six and I think he's out. Seven? I have no idea, but nobody can be very certain either way.

He is absolutely back, 100%, with a bowl game appearance. I am certain.

If dippydol is certain it has to happen. There are no other possibilities allowed in this universe.

Yeah and TC can't say anything less no matter what he thinks. Folks would go APE.

I don't disagree with you, but if you don't thin your guys are going to win 8-10 games, then you don't say anything at about wins and keep your talking points to "we are a young ball club", "We are still learning how to win close games". You get my point, you sure as heck don't set the bar high knowing you don't have a chance to fulfill your prediction.

I don't disagree with you, but if you don't thin your guys are going to win 8-10 games, then you don't say anything at about wins and keep your talking points to "we are a young ball club", "We are still learning how to win close games". You get my point, you sure as heck don't set the bar high knowing you don't have a chance to fulfill your prediction.

I guess you could come up with a line somewhat like "i don't talk about injuries" such as "I don't predict wins, I prepare to win" or something like that.

There is a real disadvantage to lowballing it if you're going to give give a number and you're the coach PR wise if you're not Saban or something.

At the same time ... it really shouldn't be that important to anyone. In the end we care about Ws and what someone predicts is irrelevant.

If dippydol is certain it has to happen. There are no other possibilities allowed in this universe.

DURR HURR HURR I SO CLEVER I CALL PEOPLE NAMEZ. LUK AT MEE EVERYBODEE!!!

God are they're smart. How did they know we were going to have all those injuries? Oh, I forgot they don't care who wins. All they want is half of the money on both sides of the number. Then they are guaranteed to make money. Now that is smart!

Honestly shocked that this total is so low. I know I have my maroon and gold sunglasses on as I'm typing this, but I would be shocked if we win five games this year. I think there's a decent chance we only win six games and all bets result in a push, but I can't imagine us going 5-7.

The main thing about this win total line that bugs me is the fact that it means we will likely be underdogs vs. Northwestern and at Illinois.

So in summary I'll check in with you guys from Vegas when I'm placing a five figure bet on the over.

Honestly shocked that this total is so low. I know I have my maroon and gold sunglasses on as I'm typing this, but I would be shocked if we win five games this year. I think there's a decent chance we only win six games and all bets result in a push, but I can't imagine us going 5-7.

The main thing about this win total line that bugs me is the fact that it means we will likely be underdogs vs. Northwestern and at Illinois.

So in summary I'll check in with you guys from Vegas when I'm placing a five figure bet on the over.

Someone should find the same thread from last year. Most here said same thing, and 5-7 was it. I'm so used to 5 to 7 win seasons, they seen like a success to me...

Here's the thing - injuries happen to every team...Vegas knows this. I bet if you asked the people making the lines, they would say the 'over' is the bet for the Gophers if they stay healthy. The odds-makers have to take into account the chance that Leidner, or multiple o-lineman, go down - if that happens we will struggle and 6 wins may be our ceiling because of our lack of depth. Stronger teams can absorb injuries making their over/under higher. With the Gophers, you are essentially betting on the health of the players. For some odd reason I doubt putting the Gophers over/under @ 6 will bankrupt the city. There are a lot of question marks with this team (despite the easy schedule) that could torpedo the season.

I am pretty sure 2016 is going to go our way. Our opponents will be limping into every game, decimated with injuries while our Gophers will be fully rested, healthy and ready to put up 50 points every week. Bet the over! You have to have dreams in life and this is mine!

Let's look at the numbers, we play 6 teams expected to win 5.5 games or less, Oregon State at 3.5 and Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois, and Purdue at 4.5, CSU at 5.5. With one FCS game in addition we get to 7 wins just by winning the games we should win. Split with Northwestern and Penn state at 6.5 and you get to 8 wins.

Someone should find the same thread from last year. Most here said same thing, and 5-7 was it. I'm so used to 5 to 7 win seasons, they seen like a success to me...

All the 5-7 teams won their bowl games lats year...

Top Bottom