Guess the Gophers 2016 Over/Under win total

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
The first batch of 2016 win totals has been released and unfortunately the Gophers Over/Under did not make the first round. CFB win totals per the Golden Nugget: http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-football-teams-released-for-upcoming-season/

What do you think the Gophers win total will be once it's released? Remember there is a difference between what YOU think it should be and what VEGAS will open it as.

---

The schedule for reference:

vs. Oregon State
vs. Indiana State
vs. Colorado State
@ Penn State
vs. Iowa
@ Maryland
vs. Rutgers
@ Illinois
vs. Purdue
@ Nebraska
vs. Northwestern
@ Wisconsin

I know everyone is big on the easy schedule, and it should be, but I think there are a lot of unknowns with Tracy at the helm for a full season. Can he get the team going without Kill? Not sure.

I'll go 7.

7 wins and Coyal starts making phone calls. Maybe a reprieve if the two wins are Iowa and Becky.

7 or 7.5 seems about right in terms of where they would set the line based on the schedule but that is also basing things on where teams were at last year. In order for Claeys to be safe job wise the actual win total probably needs to be up in the 8-9 range. A win total of 6 or less and we are probably looking for a new football coach during the off season.

If you're asking where Vegas will put the line, I'll go with 7. If the Gophs get some heavy action at that number, it could get bumped to 7.5.

I say 6.5. We will be favored in the 3 non-conference games plus Rutgers, Purdue, and @Illinois. That's 6 wins, and we shouldn't be big underdogs (double-digit) in any of the other 6, so at least one more win is a good possibility. I think we'll safely cover that, but the general public and Vegas are typically pretty bearish on the Gophers.

6.5 will be the over under. Although IMO we should win at least eight games, but vegas won't see it that way

I'm sure it will be 5.5 - because that is almost always what the Gophers Over/Under is. For as much 'credit' that we give the Vegas sharps, they really don't know a whole lot about teams outside the top 20 or so. Given that they want even betting on both sides of the number, they probably won't go 6+ for the Gophers because the majority of the country would bet the 'under.' Historically, we are a 5.5 kind of team...it will take years of them losing loads of money for them to give us any benefit of the doubt.

Personally I think we win 7 (before the bowl) and sane fans will be somewhat satisfied. I mean how much more can we expect - we have a lot of question marks on the OL and maybe the worst DL in the BIG (outside of Richardson...if he stays healthy). I feel that a good chunk of the people predicting/demanding double digit wins are taking the Reusse-ian angle and hoping to have ammo to rip with later. We are the Gophers - love us or hate us, but 7+ wins is what we live for. I'm 35 and have come to terms with the fact that my Gophers will probably never be great...but I still love them just the same.

Tc will not be fired with 7 win season

If the O/U is single digits I'll have them hit print until the machine runs out of paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohis State was listed at 8.5. Guessing the Gophs come in at 5.5.

If the Gophers O/U is 5.5 or 6 I'm selling my imaginary house and letting it all ride. Even 6.5 would be tempting.

But a push or win on 6? I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom