Turkey of the Year

swgopherdog

Reaction score
I thought for sure Pat's Turkey of the Year would be Richard Pitino. But he is going to be saved by the whole Twins org.

Go Gophers

And here I thought the Christmas season was rushed upon us too early.:rolleyes:

I thought for sure Pat's Turkey of the Year would be Richard Pitino. But he is going to be saved by the whole Twins org.

Go Gophers

It's early...certainly two strong candidates but somebody else will emerge from the shadows to embarrass themselves and claim their unwanted award.

Poor Blair, don't forget that AP's fumble also helped us lose that game.

It's early...certainly two strong candidates but somebody else will emerge from the shadows to embarrass themselves and claim their unwanted award.

Looks like the Gopher wrestling team wants to be in the mix.

Go Gophers

Maybe we need to change our mascot from Goldie Gopher to Turkey Lurkey?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Maybe we need to change our mascot from Goldie Gopher to Turkey Lurkey?

Yeah, except that's not our mascot's name. A big fan like you should know that.

Yeah, except that's not our mascot's name. A big fan like you should know that.
It was when the Marching Band had control of the mascot. My Best Man at my wedding was Goldie for a year. That's how he spelled it. *mic drop*

It was when the Marching Band had control of the mascot.

No, it wasn't.

My Best Man at my wedding was Goldie for a year. That's how he spelled it. *mic drop*

Good for him. He's wrong either way.

And aside from your nonsensical, asinine rantings, the mascot's name IS spelled Goldy. I don't care what it WAS.

No, it wasn't.

Good for him. He's wrong either way.

And aside from your nonsensical, asinine rantings, the mascot's name IS spelled Goldy. I don't care what it WAS.
You keep making the case to change it to Turkey Lurkey.

You keep making the case to change it to Turkey Lurkey.

Keep deflecting and don't admit that you're wrong. Good tactic.

You've made it clear that you're not a fan of University of Minnesota athletics. Why do you post here?

Keep deflecting and don't admit that you're wrong. Good tactic.

You've made it clear that you're not a fan of University of Minnesota athletics. Why do you post here?

I post here because I am an alumni of the University of Minnesota and I do care. Not that you believe anything I write or say here.
Your disbelief only makes you look more petty and foolish, which saddens me about the condition of the University of Minnesota even more.
It is this insular attitude towards alumni that makes changing things even more difficult.
When a school treats its alumni body, en masse, with such disregard and disdain then you need to wonder where the problem actually lies.

I may fail all the dpodoll68 fan litmus tests, but there is one thing, that I proudly display on my wall, that makes me as valid a member as anyone else, my diploma from the University of Minnesota.

It is this insular attitude towards alumni that makes changing things even more difficult.
When a school treats its alumni body, en masse, with such disregard and disdain then you need to wonder where the problem actually lies.

What are you even talking about? What does this have to do with anything? Most Gopher fans aren't alumni. Does that mean you're better than them and your opinion on Gopher athletics matters more?

that I proudly display on my wall, that makes me as valid a member as anyone else, my diploma from the University of Minnesota.

I'm glad, but being an alumnus doesn't make you a fan. Most of my friends are U of M alums, but few of them are fans. That's why they don't post here. Why do you?

What are you even talking about? What does this have to do with anything? Most Gopher fans aren't alumni. Does that mean you're better than them and your opinion on Gopher athletics matters more?

I'm glad, but being an alumnus doesn't make you a fan. Most of my friends are U of M alums, but few of them are fans. That's why they don't post here. Why do you?

Well, I am torn on my responses. On the one hand, I want to say "If I have to explain it to you, then you won't get it." On the other hand, I end up thinking that I have to explain it all to you because you don't get it. Then I think that if you don't get it, Gopher Sports has become a soulless, passionless dirge that poorly represents the spirit of the University and the state of Minnesota.

Why do you post here?

Well, I am torn on my responses. On the one hand, I want to say "If I have to explain it to you, then you won't get it." On the other hand, I end up thinking that I have to explain it all to you because you don't get it. Then I think that if you don't get it, Gopher Sports has become a soulless, passionless dirge that poorly represents the spirit of the University and the state of Minnesota.

Why do you post here?

I post here because I'm a passionate and devoted fan and follower of Gopher athletics. Why is it so hard for you to say the same? You don't need to answer, we all know why. The rest of your post was meaningless nonsense, which is par for the course.

I post here because I'm a passionate and devoted fan and follower of Gopher athletics. Why is it so hard for you to say the same? You don't need to answer, we all know why. The rest of your post was meaningless nonsense, which is par for the course.

Bravo!

Top Bottom