WTF! UND gets honored at Twins Game

alchemy2u

Reaction score
Really? I know the are getting desperate to bring in fans, but this is a slap in the face to Gopher fans.

So are they going to start honoring Sconny or Iowa or if they ever win something? They are both closer to Mpls than Grand Forks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? I know the are getting desperate to bring in fans, but this is a slap in the face to Gopher fans.

So are they going to start honoring Sconny or Iowa or if they ever win something? They are both closer to Mpls than Grand Forks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Twins are a regional team. North Dakota is part of that region.

Wisconsin has the Brewers, and Iowa is split between the Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals & Royals. So no, Iowa or Wisconsin teams wouldn't get the treatment that North Dakota got.

BTW, The Strib reported that this was coming weeks ago.

Twins will take money from wherever to honor whomever

That said, I was at the game and didn't hear much cheering for the UND folks. Not sure if it was because of the lack of Twins fans in general, or that a great majority of fans where wearing Toronto gear.

Also, Dave St. Peter is a UND grad.

You notice they have never honored NDSU's football championships:)

Also, Dave St. Peter is a UND grad.

You notice they have never honored NDSU's football championships:)

I'm pretty sure they did bring in the UMD hockey team from a few years ago.

I don't think this is a big deal. There are a lot of Twins fans in the Eastern ND and NW Minnesota areas. People and teams get honored before games all the time.

A private entity honors an organization of their choosing! How dare they! The horror!

Well we could solve the problem by beating them. But we're not in a position to that anymore unless changes are made.

Top Bottom