Big Ten/ACC Challenge Pairings Set - Minnesota at Florida State

Ah, the good old FSU match up. Easily our #1 rival in the challenge.

I've lost count, is this the fourth time we've played them in the challenge? Plus that NIT semi a few years ago.

All things being equal, not a bad draw for the Gophers considering how bad they sucked last season. FSU is expected to be decent, perhaps a NCAA-caliber opponent. Chance for a serviceable road win for a program that says it's getting better. Much better draw than playing BC or Georgia Tech.

I've lost count, is this the fourth time we've played them in the challenge? Plus that NIT semi a few years ago.

I believe it will be the 6th time in 18 challenges. Hard to get all that excited for it, but not a bad opponent, in that they aren't god awful, but shouldn't run us off the floor either.

Want better ACC opponent just win more games for next year.

Not exciting but not a detriment either.

Chance at a decent road win. I'll take it. It always seems like FSU has good recruiting classes then they underwhelm on the court

Thus the qualifier in bold.

Don't ever think that just because you pre-checked your post to avoid ridicule will ever save you from the wrath of us GopherHole posters! After all, this is an election year.

Ps: I did notice it was in bold and based on your comments, I know you know FSU's colors.

Don't ever think that just because you pre-checked your post to avoid ridicule will ever save you from the wrath of us GopherHole posters! After all, this is an election year.

Ps: I did notice it was in bold and based on your comments, I know you know FSU's colors.

PSS: Officially, FSUs colors are garnet and gold. The gold is that sh!tty looking metallic gold so it should be easy to tell them apart.

On the plus side, I look forward to 2017's match-up with UVa.

Seems like Gophers are rotating among the same 3 or 4 teams in the Challenge. I guess that beats being left out of it altogether.

Seems like Gophers are rotating among the same 3 or 4 teams in the Challenge. I guess that beats being left out of it altogether.

I think half of our games now have been against either Florida State or Virginia.

Seriously thinking of making the trip up from the Tampa area to see this game. It would be awesome to see a healthy Gopher maroon and gold contingent in Tallahassee.

I am far from "healthy" but will be wearing Maroon & Gold! If we have enough coming down, maybe get us set up at a local bar before the game.

Gophers at Florida State ranked 7th best game in the B1G/ACC showdown. They only mentioned Jordan Murphy in the write-up.

The Daily Gopher did an analysis of the challenge

The Gophers are the only team that has faced less than 50% unique teams in the Challenge at 44% (8/18). Northwestern is at 50% (9/18), as is Penn St (8/16). Leading the way at 69% (11/16) is Iowa, Michigan, Ohio St, and Purdue.

Their 6 games against FSU is the most times 2 teams have met. That means 1 out of every 3 B1G/ACC Challenges we face FSU.

Looking at the match ups, the home team should be favored in all of them. Going to FSU and winning is possible, our guards will have to be better than there guards. If we can pull off the win, it might be the difference in whether or not the Big Ten wins the challenge

Top Bottom