Tracy Claeys (not) on Sports Huddle 5-22-16

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Gopher FB coach Tracy Claeys was not able to appear on the WCCO Sports Huddle with Sid and Dave, so they talked to Offensive Coordinator Jay Johnson.

(Claeys is "on the road.")

Sid: how do you like talent on team?
JJ: excited. really good core of guys. younger guys need to mature.

Sid: strengths?
JJ: RB's. TE group. OL got banged up last year, feel good with newcomers. and QB's - mitch 100% healthy.

Sid: O line?
JJ: Wright and Calhoun gave us depth. Jonah P made big strides. Tyler Moore growth will be key. young guys need to have great summers.

Mona: comments on B1G network? (regarding JJ's offensive style)
JJ: very multiple in what we do. do a lot of things with 1 back. we will do some things with 2 backs, TE's. try to be balanced. from multiple looks, personnel. start with run.

Sid: WR's?
JJ: (loss of Maye- diff to replace) Do think we have some young guys and Redshirts. Woli, Eric Carter, Gentry very bright future. Young but talented.

Mona: WR's becoming bigger part of offense?
JJ: want to be able to run. get more in box, create opportunities for guys in space. Got to get open, catch ball and make plays. Game-to game, do what we need to do. If need to throw 40x a game, will do it.

Sid: redshirts and FR?
JJ: Hunter Register. Johannessen, Femi-Cole.

Mona: running QB's?
JJ: I've had good QB's. Mitch fits that mold. Endured through injuries. back to 100%. he was more affected by injury than people thought. not a lot of reps in spring - impressed by Mental approach. get up to speed in fall.

Awarding of the Murray's certificate.

I'd really like if Gentry can get healthy. Sounds like Woli and Carter will be starting X and Z.

With Johnson appearing to be a good teacher, high hopes the offense can adapt to his system in time for the Big Ten run. I have a feeling Mitch will be a beast. This is the big season Mitch! Go get 'em!

Thanks, son. Fine job. Your profession shows.

Thank you!

"Claeys is on the road" All I can see is he is unable to bring his desk phone along on the road so he can't call the radio station. Ala he can't do out of state satellite camps because he would be without video equipment. Just pokin' the dog but come on...lol

Thanks again for the recap!

Thank you S O N. How's the recovery coming along?

Top Bottom