Doogie says some boosters have reached out to coaching candidates to gauge interest

Leaking information from the University Athletics department like this in this manner without authorization for release (especially to publicly smear a current coach's reputation) should be a firable offense.

Speaking of a dysfunctional Athletics Department, this is something that Coyle must reign in.
Yet nothing program crushing gets released about Women's programs. Hrmph, must be a Title IX thing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

a top local recruit claiming the Gophers didn't show enough interest in him.

This one is a non-factor, in my opinion. There are more in-state high major prospects than we have scholarships to offer, and we have no idea whether he was a priority for Pitino nor whether he really had any interest in coming here. He could be another Leuer/Berggren in terms of impact, or he could be another Bruesewitz/Dearring. We can't know until 5 or more years down the road whether it was a mistake to not devote more resources to his recruitment, and Pitino will be long gone by then anyway.

Generally speaking, winning makes people forget about other issues in the program.
Which is why I said "I'll believe it when I see it." It is landscape-changing turnaround time for RP or he'll get a "don't let the screen door hit you in the ass" send-off.

This one is a non-factor, in my opinion. There are more in-state high major prospects than we have scholarships to offer, and we have no idea whether he was a priority for Pitino nor whether he really had any interest in coming here. He could be another Leuer/Berggren in terms of impact, or he could be another Bruesewitz/Dearring. We can't know until 5 or more years down the road whether it was a mistake to not devote more resources to his recruitment, and Pitino will be long gone by then anyway.
So he's shooting fish in a barrel for recruiting? Then why are the ones he takes aim at also the ones he misses?

So he's shooting fish in a barrel for recruiting? Then why are the ones he takes aim at also the ones he misses?

You're not making any sense, though that goes without saying.

You're not making any sense, though that goes without saying.
If there is so much talent in this state then why does he have such problems recruiting In State players?

Amir Coffey, Michael Hurt, and Jarvis Johnson aren't actually real people. Think about it, have you ever seen them play in a game for the Gophers?

Reggie Lynch and Zach Lofton too.

If Reggie ends up being cleared and there is decent development from other players Pitino will win games and have a very good year. I believe that. I think the boosters checking on other coaches is bs.

Can you imagine being a coach and getting that phone call? "Hi, this is Joe Booster from Minneapolis calling to see if you'd like to be the next coach under the microscope - well, at least until we get tired of you, too."

Can you imagine being a coach and getting that phone call? "Hi, this is Joe Booster from Minneapolis calling to see if you'd like to be the next coach under the microscope - well, at least until we get tired of you, too."

+1

If Reggie ends up being cleared and there is decent development from other players Pitino will win games and have a very good year. I believe that. I think the boosters checking on other coaches is bs.

+1000

What is a very good season ? That means different things to different people. For some reason NIT means good. For me it means no worse than 5th in the conference as it is year 4.

And -- "You'll love all the positive attention you and your program will get from our local press for the first week you're here!"

What is a very good season ? That means different things to different people. For some reason NIT means good. For me it means no worse than 5th in the conference as it is year 4.

For me it means NCAA tourney or bust.

Top Bottom