Q&A with Joey King

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

What advice would you give the newest Gophers?
To the incoming freshmen, I cannot stress the importance of balancing athletics and academics enough. Competing as a student-athlete in the Big 10 is a demanding task, therefore the balance will never be perfect. The best way to relieve stress during the long and taxing season is to stay on top of your studies. There is nothing worse than entering a game night knowing you are unprepared for an exam the following day.

What's next for you?
I am in the process of developing a shooting clinic for youth basketball players. It will be located in the South Suburban Area (Lakeville, Eagan, Apple Valley). My Instagram account (@Kingjoey_24) will have more information in the coming weeks once I determine a time and place.

Over the past 8-10 weeks my foot has healed nicely. I am practicing tirelessly to improve and prepare myself for the next level. My agent and I have been working diligently to put me in a position to succeed and I am very pleased with our progress.

My additional free time will be spent traveling, attending a few concerts, and spending some much needed time on the lake. Competing for a Division I program often makes those activities out of reach. The future is looking very bright because of the endless opportunities our great university has helped provide me. I am eager to step out into the real world and get started!

Anything else you’d like to add?
Once again thank you to all loyal Gophers fans for three memorable years. I could not have accomplished everything I have done on and off the court without your overwhelming support.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/051816aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Go into whatever field of you study you graduated in Joey. I have heard of guys with similar skillsets to him making 15k to 30k and often times not even getting paid. I'd imagine he was a good student that would probably make a good starting salary whatever he is doing (basing simply off interviews, well spoken, good kid, etc). Overseas is not for everybody and it seems EVERYBODY is trying to make it over there.

Go into whatever field of you study you graduated in Joey. I have heard of guys with similar skillsets to him making 15k to 30k and often times not even getting paid. I'd imagine he was a good student that would probably make a good starting salary whatever he is doing (basing simply off interviews, well spoken, good kid, etc). Overseas is not for everybody and it seems EVERYBODY is trying to make it over there.
I would say let him try it, see how it works, has the rest of his life to sit in a cubicle, post on Gopher Hole and coast to retirement like the rest of us. :)

Top Bottom