ESPN Opening Weekend Schedule

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
http://footballscoop.com/news/espn-...-opening-weekend-in-college-football-history/

Thursday, September 1
South Carolina at Vanderbilt — 8 p.m. ET, ESPN

Saturday, September 3
Georgia Tech vs. Boston College (from Dublin, Ireland) — 7:30 a.m. ET, ESPN2
Oklahoma vs. Houston (from Houston) — noon ET, ABC
Hawaii at Michigan — noon ET, ESPN
LSU vs. Wisconsin (from Green Bay, Wisc.) — 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC
Georgia vs. North Carolina (from Atlanta) — 5:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
USC vs. Alabama (from Arlington, Texas) — 8 p.m. ET, ABC
Clemson at Auburn — 9 p.m. ET, ESPN

Sunday, September 4
Notre Dame at Texas — 7:30 p.m. ET, ABC

Monday, September 5
Ole Miss vs. Florida State (from Orlando, Fla.) — 8 p.m. ET, ESPN

Keep in mind this is just the top tier of ESPN’s schedule. Check out the list of games that haven’t been selected for TV yet:

– Colorado State vs. Colorado (from Denver, Friday)
– Kansas State at Stanford (Friday)
– Arizona vs. BYU (from Glendale, Ariz.)
– Bowling Green at Ohio State
– Rutgers at Washington
– Missouri at West Virginia
– UCLA at Texas A&M (a likely CBS pick?)

That's a pretty juicy lineup right there. Opening Saturday is easily one of my top of 5 days of the year. I'll probably throw bets down on 8 to 10 of those games.

Bowling Green at Ohio State

This is embarrasssing. Shame on them. The Big 10 needs to step up and play someone in the non conference. Its strength of schedule that counts.

This is embarrasssing. Shame on them. The Big 10 need to step up and play someone in the non conference. Its strength of schedule.

Have you checked the rest of their schedules?
Michigan's is not that tough but they play 10 power 5 schools including a P12 non conference.
Ohio state plays 10 P5 schools including @Oklahoma

This is embarrasssing. Shame on them. The Big 10 needs to step up and play someone in the non conference. Its strength of schedule that counts.

Minnesota:
Vs. Oregon State (2-10)
Vs. Indiana State (5-6)
Vs. Colorado State (7-6)

Ohio State
Vs. Bowling Green (10-4)
Vs. Tulsa (6-7)
@ Oklahoma (11-2)

Michigan:
Vs. Hawaii (3-10)
Vs. UCF (0-12)
Vs. Colorado (4-9)

Are you also embarrassed by the Gophers non-conference schedule?

Minnesota:
Vs. Oregon State (2-10)
Vs. Indiana State (5-6)
Vs. Colorado State (7-6)

Ohio State
Vs. Bowling Green (10-4)
Vs. Tulsa (6-7)
@ Oklahoma (11-2)

Michigan:
Vs. Hawaii (3-10)
Vs. UCF (0-12)
Vs. Colorado (4-9)

No, not after the played TCU two years in a row. That opening weekend looks full of good games too doesn't it?

http://footballscoop.com/news/espn-...-opening-weekend-in-college-football-history/

Thursday, September 1
South Carolina at Vanderbilt — 8 p.m. ET, ESPN

Saturday, September 3
Georgia Tech vs. Boston College (from Dublin, Ireland) — 7:30 a.m. ET, ESPN2
Oklahoma vs. Houston (from Houston) — noon ET, ABC
LSU vs. Wisconsin (from Green Bay, Wisc.) — 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC
Georgia vs. North Carolina (from Atlanta) — 5:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
USC vs. Alabama (from Arlington, Texas) — 8 p.m. ET, ABC
Clemson at Auburn — 9 p.m. ET, ESPN

Sunday, September 4
Notre Dame at Texas — 7:30 p.m. ET, ABC

Monday, September 5
Ole Miss vs. Florida State (from Orlando, Fla.) — 8 p.m. ET, ESPN

Keep in mind this is just the top tier of ESPN’s schedule. Check out the list of games that haven’t been selected for TV yet:

Colorado State vs. Colorado (from Denver, Friday)
Kansas State at Stanford (Friday)
– Arizona vs. BYU (from Glendale, Ariz.)
– Bowling Green at Ohio State
– Rutgers at Washington
– Missouri at West Virginia
– UCLA at Texas A&M (a likely CBS pick?)

Many intriguing games here.

My watch list:
A rebuilding USC under a new coaching staff and with a new QB travels to take on the mighty champions and one Lane Kiffen.
We get out first look at a retooled Wisconsin roster vs an SEC heavyweight featuring a Heisman candidate RB. Can the Wisconsin defense maintain their ridiculous production under a new DC?
We get an early look at CSU.
The always entertaining Stanford offense takes on a quality K-State squad.

Michigan's is not that tough but they play 10 power 5 schools including a P12 non conference.

First, if you are Big 10 Team you are going to play 9 conference games. That is 9 P5 schools.

Let's take a closer look at how Michigan and TOSU have chosen to schedule the non conference.

Michigan plays 3 home games against Hawaii, Central Florida, and Colorado. Colorado is a Pac 10 joke.

TOSU big bad OSU takes on Bowling Green and Tulsa at home. Then goes on the Road to Norman.

If you are the leader of the Big 10, the team chasing the final four, putting together a strength of schedule argument this is a missed opportunity.

Look to those teams attempting to capture the weekend, the big game, the big press. Neither is worthy. I look at Wisconsin taking on LSU, USC at Alabama, Florida State v. Ole Miss. Those are openers worthy of a National Championship schedule and attention

First, if you are Big 10 Team you are going to play 9 conference games. That is 9 P5 schools.

Let's take a closer look at how Michigan and TOSU have chosen to schedule the non conference.

Michigan plays 3 home games against Hawaii, Central Florida, and Colorado. Colorado is a Pac 10 joke.

TOSU big bad OSU takes on Bowling Green and Tulsa at home. Then goes on the Road to Norman.

If you are the leader of the Big 10, the team chasing the final four, putting together a strength of schedule argument this is a missed opportunity.

Look to those teams attempting to capture the weekend, the big game, the big press. Neither is worthy. I look at Wisconsin taking on LSU, USC at Alabama, Florida State v. Ole Miss. Those are openers worthy of a National Championship schedule and attention

Can't do it every year...especially now that B1G is 9 conf. games. Would love to schedule one non-conf home game late (Nov) like the SEC...only against a good P5 school, preferably from the SEC.

Ohio State going to Norman is putting themselves out there to wreck their final four chances.

Michigan's schedule is pathetic. They are going to rely on Harbaugh's khakis to get them to the final four.

I don't think the Gopher's schedule in the non-conference is that bad by comparison. For our level of past performance we shouldn't be playing LSU, Okla, Auburn or any of the biggies.

Minnesota:
Vs. Oregon State (2-10)
Vs. Indiana State (5-6)
Vs. Colorado State (7-6)

Ohio State
Vs. Bowling Green (10-4)
Vs. Tulsa (6-7)
@ Oklahoma (11-2)

Michigan:
Vs. Hawaii (3-10)
Vs. UCF (0-12)
Vs. Colorado (4-9)

The non-conference schedule for last year's B1G champion, Michigan State (yea, those guys), and its representative in the CFP:

Sept. 2: 1AA CUPCAKE (FURMAN)
Sept. 17: @ Notre Dame
Oct. 8: BYU

I'm so confused. If Ohio State had scheduled the game AT Oklahoma for the season opener, their schedule wouldn't be embarrassing? If all those games are playing opening weekend, wouldn't playing AT Oklahoma two weeks later capture the weekend for themselves rather than sharing it with other big games?

A three-game non conference schedule that includes a road game AT Oklahoma as well as facing the defending MAC champs is embarrassing?

Bowling Green, Tulsa and Oklahoma is a solid non con schedule, certainly better than ours. For us CSU and Oregon State might be bowl teams, but we should win those games at home

Hate to tell you boys,but the Oregon State is a trap game. I watched their Spring game and Anderson has got some players, especially the transfer QB from Utah. In their last game they gave the Ducks all they could handle.

Hate to tell you boys,but the Oregon State is a trap game. I watched their Spring game and Anderson has got some players, especially the transfer QB from Utah. In their last game they gave the Ducks all they could handle.

They also lost to Washington by 45 the week before.

I think it will be a close game, will just depend which team shows up on each end.

Even the worst Pac12 team is going to have talented players and speed as well. My hope is that we are at the point that we can compete with any of them.

Per Rick Neuheisel on Sirius XM, UCLA at Texas A&M is on CBS.

Utah 'State'...but still had good numbers as a part time starter (2,586 yards and 18 touchdowns in 13 games over 2 seasons).

New d coordinator as well but a lot of returning starters.

I look at Wisconsin taking on LSU, USC at Alabama, Florida State v. Ole Miss. Those are openers worthy of a National Championship schedule and attention

Those games might look good on paper, but won't be worth watching from a competition standpoint. LSU, Alabama, and FSU will each win by at least 2 TDs.

Top Bottom