Athletes Village Live Camera

I can see a new series in our future from Gopher Athletics called "Pile by Pile"

I see there is a donate now option...how many of you GH'ers have donated?

Orange fencing and one of the excavators looks like it managed to climb one of the dirt piles... or not.

Why do we need aqua colored pipes? This is Minnesota. White would have sufficed.

Strib article for tomorrow: Is two Port-a-johns at the construction site really necessary? U wasting 100's of dollars!

They should do it like the construction of a house near me. We noticed there was not a Port-A-John at the site when I walked through it with a builder friend while it was still being framed out. They went as cheap as possible on every aspect of the house. We went to the basement before it was poured, and you could set the wet spots where they were pissing, and where they had shoveled dirt over where they ****. The house has been on the market for a LONG time, and I'm happy that the crap builder is just sitting on it.

We went to the basement before it was poured, and you could set the wet spots where they were pissing, and where they had shoveled dirt over where they ****. The house has been on the market for a LONG time, and I'm happy that the crap builder is just sitting on it.

I see what you did there.

Some hard hat types sh#t a ton of bricks. They better have a backup toilet.

The cam zoomed in on the practice field a little bit ago and got to watch a little workout session. Pretty cool. I've decided I want to be an Earth Cam video operator when I grow up btw.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Not sure if this was shared anywhere else or not.

[video]http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/06/19/joe-bjorklund-gopher-football-athletes-village/[/video]

Not sure if this was shared anywhere else or not.

[video]http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/06/19/joe-bjorklund-gopher-football-athletes-village/[/video]
It's a great story it deserves it's own thread.

As far as I can tell, all they're doing is moving dirt from here to there, and from there to here. I'm starting to wonder whether Nanne even knows what he's doing.

As far as I can tell, all they're doing is moving dirt from here to there, and from there to here. I'm starting to wonder whether Nanne even knows what he's doing.

Come on. Lou isn't in charge of the village construction. He is simply responsible for every dollar raised to build it. Pretty straight forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're just training people how to move dirt.

A friend of mine who is now a groundskeeper at a major university told me this story when he was doing an internship during college. His supervisor told him to dig a hole exactly 3'x3'x3'. Once he was done, he said great job and told him to fill it back in with the dirt. He just wanted to see if he could follow directions and do what he was supposed to.

They're just training people how to move dirt.

A friend of mine who is now a groundskeeper at a major university told me this story when he was doing an internship during college. His supervisor told him to dig a hole exactly 3'x3'x3'. Once he was done, he said great job and told him to fill it back in with the dirt. He just wanted to see if he could follow directions and do what he was supposed to.

I recall a short documentary on Richard Bresnahan out at St. Johns, he was talking about making pottery with the students out there. He didn't describe quite that useless of a task but he got close when he described what students do to "help" at first, and explained it was "to see if they can take direction".

I feel the same way about the occasional interns my office brings in. Some really can't...

Top Bottom