Shooter: Jerry Kill to Kansas State, possible announcement tomorrow

GopherLady

Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger if this has already been posted (I've had zero sports time, sadly), but here you go..

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kill to K-State??

Hard to tell whether Charley Walters actually has a source (which is rare) or just had an epiphany while sitting on a toilet. For some reason given how specific the tweet is and because of Jerry's Kansas roots I wouldn't be surprised at all.

We lose our Bill Snyder to Bill Snyder, will we never learn?

Kind of puzzling? Why would KState need someone to communicate between the AD and the football coach? Isn't that only needed at dysfunctional institutions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of puzzling? Why would KState need someone to communicate between the AD and the football coach? Isn't that only needed at dysfunctional institutions?

No wonder there wasn't anything suitable within the AD at the U. :rolleyes:

Good for him

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Snyder does not need a go between. He is a god there. Coach in waiting?

Hope it works out for him health wise. He certainly has a pattern of being a successful coach. He also has a history of having health problems, making changes in his lifestyle to alleviate those problems and then dumping those changes when things get better to go back doing what he wants to do.

Maybe with this job he'll be able to break that pattern and lead a successful and healthy life. Can see why the U and Claeys didn't want to take the chance though.

You'll see all the haters in the Media, and some on here, who will use that to go after the U again. Rather than subtlety going after them by bringing up Kill's status again and again they can come right out and attack the for not giving Jerry "the same job as K-State did. What idiots!"

However, can you imagine the "bleep"storm that would happen if the U gave Jerry this job and he reverted to form and had health problems again?

Good for K-State, good for Jerry and good for the U too.

The last thing TC needed was Kill looking over his shoulder. It's his baby now for better or worse.

Associate AD in his home state. Good for him! I loved Jerry Kill but I wasn't sure having him around the program would be the best. Let TC do his own thing and hopefully he will be successful.

JK needs this to get the AD job at a BCS school. good for him.

Go Gophers!!

per ESPN:

"Rebecca (his wife) and I couldn't be happier to return home to the state of Kansas and join the K-State Athletics family and Manhattan community," Kill said. "I want to make it known that my coaching days are over, and I am excited to start this next phase as an administrator for one of the finest athletics departments in the country. Mentoring has always been very important to me, and I am thrilled to work in support of Hall of Fame Coach Bill Snyder and the football program and learn more about the administrative side of college athletics under (AD) John (Currie) and the rest of the first-class staff at K-State."

Currie said the school is thrilled to add Kill to his staff.

"He is ready to move into a new chapter of his life and professional career, and his experience as a former head coach will be a terrific addition to our staff," Currie said. "We look forward to the perspective and mentoring he will provide our coaches and student-athletes as we continue toward our vision of a Model Intercollegiate Athletics Program."

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ciate-athletic-director-kansas-state-wildcats

Go Gophers!!

Congrats to Kill. This is best for all parties. Claeys doesn't need Kill hanging around the football program.

Does anybody know, is this a Head Liaison or Assistant Liaison position :confused:

Hey, I like Kill and good for him. But it's some kind of effed up world we live in when a BCS coach needs a liaison with the university president. Don't they have phones and e-mail at K-State?

Hey, I like Kill and good for him. But it's some kind of effed up world we live in when a BCS coach needs a liaison with the university president. Don't they have phones and e-mail at K-State?

University president has a lot to do. Also this is just a spot to put Kill somewhere without taking up a coach's position.

University president has a lot to do. Also this is just a spot to put Kill somewhere without taking up a coach's position.

I agree, but the whole thing seems superfluous. From your description, Jerry Kill is the university president of football.

Good for Kill. But, it does seem like a rather redundant position if you ask me.

Why tie the new AD at MN to the past by having Kill be part of TC's fate?
If a new FB HC is needed in the near future it should be crystal clear that only new AD made the decision.
Snyder is 76 and retired once only to come back.
He is indeed a legend there.
Perhaps the AD at KS ST wants a buffer to bear some of the responsibility about Snyder's fate and his replacement.

Good for Kill. But, it does seem like a rather redundant position if you ask me.

I think any position for Jerry is going to be "Jerry being Jerry". Giving occasional talks to players / fans / donors, etc.

Top Bottom