Vincent Grier Among Former U Athletes Finishing Degrees Through Gopher Grad Program

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per WCCO:

After a decade of pro basketball overseas that took him to France, Turkey, and plenty of places in between, Vincent Grier — who starred at Williams Arena before leaving early in 2006 — is once again a Gopher. At least, in the classroom.

“You see the tunnel at the end of the rainbow, understanding what’s going on at this point,” Grier said. “When you’re young, you have so much going on with basketball, practices, everything that goes on in the college atmosphere.”

Grier is also in youth studies. He wants to be a coach, and will graduate in August.

“And I knew I had to get my degree if I wanted to coach collegiately,” he said.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/05/15/minnesota-athletes-gopher-grad-program/

Go Gophers!!

I enjoy hearing stories like this.....good job to all those taking advantage of the opportunity & getting it done!

I enjoy hearing stories like this.....good job to all those taking advantage of the opportunity & getting it done!

It’s all paid for, by honoring their original scholarship. - That really surprises me.

It’s all paid for, by honoring their original scholarship. - That really surprises me.

I have a question, was his scholarship only for 2 years since he was a JC? I know you normally get 5 yrs to complete 4.

Maybe Vince had three to complete two? He didn't leave early eligibility wise.

PS His junior year might be the best of a Gopher since Jackson's senior year. He was a beast in his first year as a Gopher.

PPS He should never have changed his hairstyle. Having an awesome player with that hair was amazing.

PS His junior year might be the best of a Gopher since Jackson's senior year. He was a beast in his first year as a Gopher.

PPS He should never have changed his hairstyle. Having an awesome player with that hair was amazing.

grier vs bucky/bo as a junior. 'nuff said. amazing game.

Your PS's are spot on.

Top Bottom